• About Jundo

Jundo Cohen is a Sōtō Zen Priest, founder and teacher at Treeleaf Zendo, a Soto Zen Sangha. He lives in Tsukuba, Japan. He was ordained in 2002 and subsequently received Dharma Transmission from Master Gudo Wafu Nishijima, and is a member of the Soto Zen Buddhist Association and American Zen Teachers Association. He is a translator of Japanese and retired attorney, began Zen practice in 1980, and has lived in Japan for most of the last 25 years. Jundo is married to a lovely Japanese woman who is an Ai-ki-do practitioner, and is the father of two small children, and thus believes that the hard borders between ordained priest and householder have long been vanishing in Soto Zen. "Our practice, after all, is for living in the world." More information on Jundo and our other Priests at Treeleaf is available here.

• Recent Forum Posts

Heiso

Zen Women, Chapter 10: Pages 210-218

Given all we've read and what I know I don't know why I was so suprised to read that nuns are still so badly funded. But as Kokuu mentioned, there seems

Heiso Today, 10:52 AM Go to last post
    omom

Chanting & Zazen Circle

Aloha everybody,

It sounds lovely, as ever, it is lovely how the circle is ever changing.

Thank you Yuki &

omom Today, 06:41 AM Go to last post
    Tai Shi

Tonglen Practice Circle 25 July 2021

Though i have missed Tonglen for a while, itís comforting that I use it in my daily practice. Tonglen gives me a few more minutes to reflect on otherís

Tai Shi Today, 05:52 AM Go to last post
    Yuki

Chanting & Zazen Circle

Hi everybody !

Aprapti and me decided to follow this program this week.

Sanki Raimon ( Japanese)
    SANKI RAIMON

Yuki Yesterday, 08:20 PM Go to last post
    Nobodyhere

Philosophy

I did dig around Heraclitus ( great western insight into impermanence ), Hegel, the Stoics and later Spinoza for self help. I am just an amateur but

Nobodyhere Yesterday, 05:46 PM Go to last post