PDA

View Full Version : DOKAN RETURNS!

Jundo
06-07-2012, 03:06 PM
... for another little Zazenkai.

Our 'Heart Sutra' recital today is the Soundless Sound of the Shakuhachi played by and playing Dokan, a breath of Emptiness ...

... and speaking of Emptiness, today's sitting merged into Emptiness when the camera stopped mid-sitting. So, we begin today's sitting ... but it never ends ... 8)

... and the sound is rough too :? (I must apologize to Dokan ... and I will insist that we have another opportunity to hear his lovely flute very soon ... ) ...

Dokan is on a plane tomorrow back to his family.

Gassho, Jundo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vYW6iYA4xD8

Dokan
06-07-2012, 03:40 PM
(I must apologize to Dokan ... and I will insist that we have another opportunity to hear his lovely flute very soon ... ) ...

Dokan is on a plane tomorrow back to his family.

I think it actually may have been an improvement. :)

My trip has come full circle. Started with zazen and has ended the same. A deep gassho to Jundo & his family for their warm hospitality. Also to Taigu for the wonderful tour of Kyoto & deep conversation. (Will post more about that later).

I truly hope others will get the opportunity to visit here. It's an amazing country, with some of the kindest people I've met. While I'm very excited about coming home to my family, it truly was a blessing to be here and something I'll always remember.

Gassho,

Dokan

Shohei
06-07-2012, 03:48 PM
Very nice! Have a safe journey home Dokan! Looking very much forward to hearing about in detail!

I hope some day, sooner than later, I will get to heed your advice to visit! :D

Gassho
Shohei

Yugen
06-07-2012, 04:10 PM
Jundo and Dokan,

_/_ _/_ _/_ _/_ _/_ _/_ _/_ _/_ _/_

Dokan,
Your hard work and devotion (and positive attitude) are an inspiration to my practice.... thank you for sharing your Shakuhachi, sewing, zazen, and travels with us. I hope you will post and share your experiences from this trip with us when you are back in the States.

Gassho
Yugen

Jinyo
06-07-2012, 09:44 PM
Safe journey home Dokan.

The flute playing is beautiful - hope we get to hear some more.

Gassho

Willow

Mp
06-07-2012, 10:06 PM
Dokan,

Thank you for sharing such a beautiful piece with your Shakuhachi ... I am trying my hand with the Shakuhachi, maybe one day I will be as good as that. :D Have a share journey home to your family.

Gassho,
Michael

Geika
06-08-2012, 12:36 AM
Thank you, Jundo and Dokan.

Thank you, Dokan, for a lovely flute performance. I am glad you had a nice trip and I wish you a happy landing.

Hoyu
06-08-2012, 02:32 AM
Awesome! I'll be sitting this one tomorrow :D

Gassho,
Hoyu

gilles
06-08-2012, 10:25 AM
great moment!
thX dokan & jundo

gassho
gilles :D

Hoyu
06-08-2012, 02:21 PM
Wonderful wind heart sutra Dokan :)
Thank you to all fellow sitters past and present!

Gassho,
Hoyu

Rimon
06-08-2012, 04:10 PM
fuuuuuu shiiiiiii fuuu shooooooo fuuuu ffuuuuu fuuuu shiiiii

Big gassho Dokan

KellyRok
06-08-2012, 06:34 PM
Wonderful Dokan! It sounds like you had a great experience. I'm looking forward to hearing about it.

_/_

Kelly/Jinmei