PDA

View Full Version : Google+ Treeleaf Sangha Page

Dokan
01-15-2012, 08:42 PM
Hi Everyone,

So Google has released a feature called "Pages" in Google+. This allows organizations, business and such to host a page on G+. As many of you know (about 58 of you so far) we have a Treeleaf Sangha group out there that many are a part of. However, with the advent of this new option, I am hoping that we can migrate to the new Page. This will provide several good options for us. I can share management of the page, we can post updates to calendars and hangouts as well as host broadcasts of sits (Like the one Soen is going to do).

What does this mean for you. Only two things:

1. Add the new Treeleaf Sangha page to your circles:
- https://plus.google.com/b/116930448607190706458/ (http://https://plus.google.com/b/116930448607190706458/)

2. When starting a Hangout, make sure Treeleaf Sangha is included.
- This will make it visible to everyone in our sangha to join at will.

Please let me know if you have any questions. I am going to write up a short guide this week on Hangouts and then post it up to that page.

Thanks for your continued practice.

Gassho,

Dokan

**Edit** - To help clarify that you are a Treeleaf member, please add something about Treeleaf to your "About" section of the G+ profile..or else I may miss you.

Hogen
01-15-2012, 08:48 PM
most excellent! I'm hoping G+ pages get a larger hangout capacity.

Kyonin
01-16-2012, 02:55 AM
Thanks Dokan! I already added it to my circles.

Cheers!

Robb
01-16-2012, 07:12 AM
Added

Myoku
01-16-2012, 08:51 AM
Gassho Dokan,
thanks for your ongoing efforts, its wonderful.
Myoku

Ryumon
01-16-2012, 09:35 AM
OK, I've added it. I'm starting to get confused by Google+, to be honest. :-)

Myozan Kodo
01-16-2012, 09:53 AM
Dokan,
You are a gem.
Gassho.

Shokai
01-16-2012, 12:14 PM
Done, Good work Shawn!! :)

Jinyu
01-16-2012, 12:30 PM
OK, I've added it. I'm starting to get confused by Google+, to be honest. :-)
Exact same thing here!
How do you create a video chat with this? I didn't took the time to look at it precisly but a tried two weeks ago, to share our weekly sitting (with Yang Hsin) and we didn't succeed... it was a very nice sitting anyway...

Have a very nice day everyone!
And thank you for your sincere practice Dokan!

gassho,
Jinyu

Omoi Otoshi
01-16-2012, 01:02 PM
Just click start hangout to the right on the Google+ screen! Add treeleaf sangha or any circle/people you would like to sit with.
I started yesterday, so I'm no tech guru though! :lol:

Dokan
01-16-2012, 01:29 PM
I think that as Google has been growing this service, it's been getting more and more features, over-complicating things with the noise.

I am going to put together a Quick-Start guide on how to start & join the Hangouts. Should be out this week.

Gassho,

Dokan

Jinyu
01-16-2012, 04:47 PM
Thank you for this guys...
And again, you are quicker than me, I was going to suggest it Dokan!

Have a very nice day everyone,
Jinyu

Ryumon
01-16-2012, 05:16 PM
I think that as Google has been growing this service, it's been getting more and more features, over-complicating things with the noise.

I am going to put together a Quick-Start guide on how to start & join the Hangouts. Should be out this week.

That would be helpful. I'd like to be able to use my iPad to hang out; my laptop fan goes wild when using things like Skype, so it would probably do the same for a video feed via Google+. That would not be very conducive to sitting...

Heisoku
01-16-2012, 10:33 PM
Thank Dokan. I have a G+ account and added people (Treeleafers) but as yet have not had the know how to access a Hang out ... any guidance would be well appreciated! Probably could do with some live experience!

Dokan
01-17-2012, 09:24 PM
This is a really rough draft and I may try to fix it more later, but here's at least something for the time being.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1oC0 ... lgzCs/edit (http://https://docs.google.com/document/d/1oC0XNg6TxEUqT9yr3fTtjkz4S5M3Zcde-H_GHNlgzCs/edit)

I think maybe if I just show it in action it'd be easier. I spent more time with formatting than actual content! ;)

Last summer I had created this video on how to setup G+ and the Hangouts, though some of the stuff may have been updated since then, it also gives an overview.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-BSTYVP8eI
Gassho,

Dokan

Kaishin
01-17-2012, 09:41 PM
Done, thanks!

Undo
01-18-2012, 05:41 AM
I think I'm sorted, thanks for the clear explanations Dokan. Look forwards to seeing you all around.

Gassho

undo

Ryumon
01-18-2012, 08:26 AM
Ok, so I got how it works, now what's the protocol? Do you just start a hang-out whenever you sit and hope someone stops by? And if they do, when you're finished sitting, do you quietly leave and exit the hangout? It seems a bit odd, but since I've never had the luck to be on Google+ when anyone has a hang-out going, I'm not exactly sure what to do.

I wonder if it would be worthwhile to try and create a schedule, so people can know that at specific times, there might be a greater chance of others being available. Kind of like in a real zendo, where there is zazen at set times. My schedule is flexible that I could join one or more such sittings each day, since I work at home.

Is anyone interested in trying to work out some times that we could aim for?

By the way, it looks like you can't start a hang-out from a web browser on an iPad. It does work with the iPhone app in 2x mode, at least I was able to start a hang-out as a test...

Hoyu
01-18-2012, 11:30 AM
Hi Kirk,

I'm also in the beginning stages of learning all the inns and outs of G+ but would like to share what(little) I know.

I wonder if it would be worthwhile to try and create a schedule, so people can know that at specific times, there might be a greater chance of others being available. Kind of like in a real zendo
Our Zendo(wich is also real :wink: :lol: ) does have a schedule of sitters. Here is the link.
http://www.treeleaf.org/zendo/schedule.php (http://http://www.treeleaf.org/zendo/schedule.php)

Ok, so I got how it works, now what's the protocol? Do you just start a hang-out whenever you sit and hope someone stops by? And if they do, when you're finished sitting, do you quietly leave and exit the hangout?
You don't have to hope someone stops by you can(actually I believe this is a must if you want others to join) click the invite button. When you do you get the option of from which circles you would like to include in your invitation.
As to protocol. Yes fellow sitters sometimes come and go like the ocean waves. It's the same as open sitting times at brick and mortar Zendo.
Now there is a small matter of etiquette. It seems like most people prefer muting the mic. Though ultimately we sit with what is!

Gassho,
Hoyu(John)

Dokan
01-18-2012, 11:39 AM
Ok, so I got how it works, now what's the protocol? Do you just start a hang-out whenever you sit and hope someone stops by? And if they do, when you're finished sitting, do you quietly leave and exit the hangout? It seems a bit odd, but since I've never had the luck to be on Google+ when anyone has a hang-out going, I'm not exactly sure what to do.

In my experience you do you own thing and if someone stops in then great, if not, great. It's simply sharing the practice. Only protocol I really follow is to bow in and out. So if I'm joining a sit, then I bow after I've connected, and then bow as I leave. Then I almost always post up a comment just saying thanks for the sit. Technically I do mute my microphone and speakers...giving me the full zendo appeal. ;)

I wonder if it would be worthwhile to try and create a schedule, so people can know that at specific times, there might be a greater chance of others being available. Kind of like in a real zendo, where there is zazen at set times. My schedule is flexible that I could join one or more such sittings each day, since I work at home.

There is a Treeleaf Zendo Google Calendar (https://www.google.com/calendar/embed?src=e6gl8net6ka8dq91ppbm1hf464%40group.calen dar.google.com&ctz=America/Chicago), however I've found that it's hit or miss as to when people are documenting the sits. For myself, I find that my sits are somewhat random and I have a hard time being consistent on the start times. I personally have "approximations" of 5-7am and 8-10pm. I find however that 5am CST seems to be a key time as Shokai, Myozan, Chessie, Chris & Peter seem to meet quite often. Also about 8pm CST I see Chris, Ron & JR meet up quite regularly.

By the way, it looks like you can't start a hang-out from a web browser on an iPad. It does work with the iPhone app in 2x mode, at least I was able to start a hang-out as a test...
Yeah this is a new feature and is great for ad-hoc joining. It does have some limitations in that it doesn't show up in your stream (so others can't join after you've started, they have to be up and online when you send the invite) and you can't make any comments into your sit. I think the goal of Messenger was to have a video option for text chatting, but maybe this will continue to grow!

Gassho,

Dokan

PS - One more thing...back last summer I also created this. It may be helpful on getting up and running in the calendar, may be outdated. I have to re-check it, however not much has changed:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jQ83YnN8sPY&list=UUyKP4OX6KHNClVr7jQ8LJGA&index=32&feature=plcp

Shokai
01-18-2012, 11:59 AM
Thanks Dokan and Hoyu for the Calendar reminder; it had me sitting for a whole hour instead of 5:30 to 6:00
And Dokan; I like the 'Check your Hair' pic; not one out of place :lol: :lol: https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/Nr_ic5xBHyAijIXHS59qw8VXKi34OeekpG4NRwwoOb6Nh_bXdk fz__aPSFfTggxyC7zdcnrtn5QGqNd39Nc3BWEu50HCb7g0uZNa HX_9U7LHL4jXD2s

Dokan
01-18-2012, 12:59 PM
And Dokan; I like the 'Check your Hair' pic; not one out of place :lol: :lol:

Haha yeah. I spend so much time in the Green Room before I sit zazen. I don't want the shine off my skull fooling anyone into thinking they are having a satori experience. ;)

Gassho,

Dokan

Jiki22
01-18-2012, 01:36 PM
can the calendar containing my own Zazen times?

my standard schedule is
Tuesday and Thursday : 2000-2100hr in Ho Sen Dojo, Antwerp
Saterday and sunday : 1000-11.30hr in Ho Sen Dojo, Antwerp

i did try,
but it just appear only in my agenda
what do i wrong?

and i have to buy a webcam too :roll:

Dokan
01-18-2012, 01:53 PM
can the calendar containing my own Zazen times?

Yup but you have to first have access to edit the calendar. To do so, just send me an email: shawn.edwards[at]gmail.com.

From there, you will be able to add the calendar to your google account and add/edit items on it.

Gassho,

Dokan

Myoku
01-18-2012, 01:55 PM
Jiki,
make sure to enter it in the Treeleaf calendar, so everyone can see it,

http://www.linplug.de/images/Calendar.jpg

the default is your own calendar (as is mine in the above image), change that to Treeleaf and we all can see when you intend to sit.

_()_
Myoku

Jiki22
01-18-2012, 02:03 PM
ow ok Thx Dokan
dont worry i don't need access
U can just add those lines , they do not change

treeleaf is not appearing in the list, Myoku

dont worry about it,
i was just playing a bit with it :D

going home now...

little question: the agenda does auto update? or do i it manually?

Myoku
01-18-2012, 02:27 PM
Jiki,
it updates automatically and treeleaf appears when Dokan (or I) have added you,
which I think is a good idea, as you can add and remove times when you will be
sitting on google+, so others can join you life and in color :)
_()_
Myoku

Jiki22
01-18-2012, 03:39 PM
thank you :D

andyZ
02-09-2012, 12:19 PM
Dokan,

Thank you for creating this page and drafting a guide on how to join Google+. I found it very useful.
I think it makes sense to put the link with instructions into "TECHNICAL FAQ" section or make it "sticky" at the top in one of the subforums.
Thank you for your efforts.

Dokan
02-13-2012, 12:03 PM
One request for people adding the Treeleaf Sangha page would be to make sure they put something about Treeleaf in their Bio, or maybe use the same picture from the forums. We get a lot of requests and I've only been adding those who I can confirm are Tree family!

Thanks!

Gassho,

Dokan

Hoyu
02-13-2012, 12:34 PM
Dokan wrote:
We get a lot of requests and I've only been adding those who I can confirm are Tree family!
Speaking of this. I get lots of requests at G+ to add others to my circles. It can be quite confusing as to who is who and who is from where. Heck even my screen name doesn't match my Treeleaf one! Speaking of, Is there an easy way to change that so I don't confuse others as well??
Recently I've kind of resolved to waiting to accept all those requests until I see whether any of those people are actually sitting or not. If not, why add them anyway? I'm not there for facebook like social networking or collecting large circles of friends.
I know this method doesn't help with the overall Treeleaf issue Dokan raises but I just thought I'd mention my stance on individual accounts.

Gassho,
Hoyu

Dokan
02-14-2012, 03:29 PM
Speaking of, Is there an easy way to change that so I don't confuse others as well??

Yes! When you are on your profile page (by clicking your name), just click "Edit Settings" at the top and then you can just click your name to change it.

Recently I've kind of resolved to waiting to accept all those requests until I see whether any of those people are actually sitting or not. If not, why add them anyway? I'm not there for facebook like social networking or collecting large circles of friends.
I know this method doesn't help with the overall Treeleaf issue Dokan raises but I just thought I'd mention my stance on individual accounts.

And actually, if you are just there to sit, then you can just add the Treeleaf Sangha groups that I've been sharing. They contain all the known sangha persons.

Gassho,

Dokan

pinoybuddhist
02-15-2012, 02:46 AM
I decided to give this a whirl so I added Treeleaf to my circles last night. I started a hangout this morning - but, apart from no one being there (which is not surprising given the time zone differences and all), there were some technical glitches. I continued sitting anyway.

Anyway, if anyone's interested in sitting with me, I sit daily around 6:30 am, GMT+8 hours (Philippines timezone). I start out by chanting the Heart Sutra, followed by twenty minutes zazen, ten minutes kinhin, then chanting the Enmei Jukku Kannon Gyo, and close with the 4 Vows (not that you have to follow this format, it's just my own preferred daily routine).

Btw, Dokan: I sent you an email requesting for access to the Treeleaf calendar.

_/|_
Raf

P.S. My name there is rafael070880.

Hoyu
02-15-2012, 03:35 AM
Thank you Dokan! Everything worked out great with your help!
Also updated my Treeleaf circle :D

Gassho,
Hoyu

Jiki22
02-15-2012, 08:54 AM

I have a circle called Treeleaf :mrgreen:
with all you guys in it.
I did not accept any request
and still you are all in the circle

what is the difference between accepting or not accepting :?:
just reading private stuff?
I can post a message in the Treeleaf circle and you all can see it,
and keep private post (and family) aside/separated
my family have no interest in Treeleaf
and Treeleaf has no interest in private stuff

Or do I see something wrong?

Thanks you.

Ekai
02-16-2012, 02:37 AM
Google+ does not work on my iPad. I may have to wait until I get a newer computer or until there is an iPad app release.

Gassho,
Ekai/Jodi

Daijo
02-17-2012, 03:17 PM
So much to absorb for a newbie, but I've created a tree leaf circle on my Google+ account. I guess we'll see what happens from there.

Question. (and forgive me if this is posted somewhere else, again a lot to look through) For our weekly sit along, are we using google+, or just meeting in the Zen Hall? (another thing I have yet to figure out, lol)

Gassho,

Chuck

Daijo
02-17-2012, 03:44 PM
OK. So never mind that last question. I found the answer.

:D

Daijo
03-01-2012, 03:07 AM
Interesting sit on Google + tonight. Visitors from further reaches of the internet. Have to make a mental note, turn speakers off. Or change settings from public. haha

It would be interesting to know what they thought though. "What are these people doing? How long are they going to just sit there like that?" :D

Shujin
03-02-2012, 03:07 AM
Chuck -- I can definitely relate to your experience. We were sitting awhile back, and a young man from Saudi Arabia joined the hangout. I think he was rather put off that we were all facing away from him, but I couldn't understand Arabic so I have no way of being sure. :D

gassho,
Shujin

Dokan
03-02-2012, 03:20 AM
Interesting sit on Google + tonight. Visitors from further reaches of the internet. Have to make a mental note, turn speakers off. Or change settings from public. haha

It would be interesting to know what they thought though. "What are these people doing? How long are they going to just sit there like that?" :D

Yeah I always make my sits public. I have one gentleman of middle eastern descent who has sat with me countless times, although he just watches me. He's never commented or anything but I always thank him for joining. :lol:

Gassho
Dokan

Myozan Kodo
03-02-2012, 03:30 PM
Hi,
I use G+ to sit a lot. Do add me as a contact: Myozan Kodo. It's always great to sit with other Treeleafers.
Gassho

Dokan
03-02-2012, 04:24 PM
Just a reminder. Please remember to add the Treeleaf Sangha Page to your circles and either drop a line here of your profile or put in your "about" section something referencing Treeleaf.

I get a lot of adds but I only add back people who I can confirm are Treeleafers. Thanks!

Treeleaf Sangha Page on G+ (https://plus.google.com/b/116930448607190706458/116930448607190706458/posts)

Gassho,

Dokan

Jigetsu
03-02-2012, 04:40 PM
Hey Dokan!

My Google+ username is philipdavidg. :) I think I've added you already.

Daijo
03-02-2012, 05:03 PM
I think I'm connected with most of the tree leafers on google + at this point. I also have a friend from the Kwan Um school who sits with me fairly often. Nice guy, add him if you'd like, "Michael Love".

Dokan
03-14-2012, 05:56 PM
So I had an interesting request from Alipasha Razzaghipour -

Dear friends at Treeleaf Sangha. I am part of the 'Plumeline' online Sangha. We have a number of online practice sessions - but these don't always fit with people's schedules. I was wondering if some of our members could join your online practice. Could you please provide a little more detail as when and how you practice. A deep bow.

As it is today, the only people in the our G+ group are fellow Sangha-mates. I was wondering what is the sangha's opinion about how we can share sittings with other groups online?

Currently Plumline (from TNH's lineage) sits 30 minutes a day @

Please 'hangout' with us daily for 30min of silent meditation.

19:30pm UTC/GMT, London
20:30pm Paris, Frankfurt
6:30am Sydney, Australia,
8:30am Auckland, NZ
11:30am Los Angeles, Vancouver
12:30pm,Denvor, Calgary
13:30pm Dallas, Winnipeg
14:30pm New York

You can find them here: https://plus.google.com/100453604255526795394/posts (http://https://plus.google.com/100453604255526795394/posts)

Any ideas on how maybe we can share our practice? Maybe joining their sitting and then re-sharing with Treeleaf Sangha members would be the simplest.

Gassho,

Dokan

Shugen
03-14-2012, 06:32 PM
That's awesome! Maybe make a Plumline circle on G+ and get into the habit of "inviting" that circle as well?

What do Jundo and Taigu think?

Ron

(When you click on the embedded link it sends you to the Treeleaf page. Is that what it's supposed to do?)

Shugen

Marek
03-14-2012, 09:36 PM
Sounds great for me, but I'm a little bit confused about link as Ron.

Dokan
03-15-2012, 01:25 AM
Sorry about the broken link...silly internet... Try in the original post again.

I've been trying to think of how to share hangouts between sanghas...I was wondering what others think about doing something similar to Plumline on G+. Setting a time where we have an open sit for anyone. Maybe just pick a time that we agree is our busiest (seems around 8 pm Central) and then post it publicly to the Treeleaf G+ page. This way they could join our daily sit if they want and we wouldn't have to worry about user management and such. Some thoughts...

Gassho,

Dokan

Shugen
03-15-2012, 01:46 AM
https://plus.google.com/u/0/100453604255526795394/posts

This is the link for Plumline (I hope!)

Ron

Dokan,

I think that's a great idea!

Shujin
03-15-2012, 02:27 AM
I like your idea as well, Dokan. Thanks for sharing the Plumline link -- I don't venture much outside my own limited interests online.

gassho,
Shujin

Jundo
03-15-2012, 03:05 AM
That's awesome! Maybe make a Plumline circle on G+ and get into the habit of "inviting" that circle as well?

What do Jundo and Taigu think?

Well, sounds fine if it is just sitting together.

If it is any more than that, such as listening to talks by TNH or practicing mindfulness meditation or this and that, I would say no to the idea, and that folks in our groups should just sit Shikantaza and other practices in the way we sit and practice here.

My off the cuff response.

Gassho, J

Myoku
03-15-2012, 08:35 AM
First of all, I love to sit with others (as I love to sit alone :-D),
however I'm pretty split about this one: I think everyone of us should decide by himself whether or not
he likes to include plumline in his circles, and thus has the opportunity to be invited or invite members
of plumline. Basically I think we should keep "our zendo" being "our zendo", because we do shikantaza
and when it gets fully open I'm not sure where that leads to. Everyone is invited to do shikantaza with
us though. Hmmm, not sure if thats a helpful post :-/
_()_
Myoku

Hans
03-15-2012, 08:45 AM
Hello,

just my very biased and purely personal half-baked two cents based on personal encounters and some research into some the management of Plum Village that .
On an individual level (with my local sitting group where I live) everyone is allowed to join in as long as it's clearly acknowledged that what is being offered is Treeleaf scented Soto-Zen.
On an institutional level I personally want to have nothing to do with Plum Village and organisations/groups officially tied to them in any way (didn't have time to check out plumline, so in case this doesn't apply feel free to just forget my post).

No Death , No Fear is one of my favourite books on the subject of Death and Dying btw., so I don't just diss everything they are doing :)

Gassho,

Hans Chudo Mongen

Jundo
03-15-2012, 08:51 AM
First of all, I love to sit with others (as I love to sit alone :-D),
however I'm pretty split about this one: I think everyone of us should decide by himself whether or not
he likes to include plumline in his circles, and thus has the opportunity to be invited or invite members
of plumline. Basically I think we should keep "our zendo" being "our zendo", because we do shikantaza
and when it gets fully open I'm not sure where that leads to. Everyone is invited to do shikantaza with
us though. Hmmm, not sure if thats a helpful post :-/
_()_
Myoku

Ok, on second (non)thought ... listening to the insights of Myoku and Hans, I change my vote to no ... for the reasons stated by Myoku. As he said ...

I think we should keep "our zendo" being "our zendo", because we do shikantaza
and when it gets fully open I'm not sure where that leads to. Everyone is invited to do shikantaza with us though.

Still willing to change back again if I hear another insight otherwise. I am a wishy-washy guy like that.

Gassho, J

Omoi Otoshi
03-15-2012, 10:13 AM
I am a wishy-washy guy like that.
So you mean I can't take refuge in you being the source of Ultimate Truth anymore?? :shock: :lol:

/Pontus

Shokai
03-15-2012, 11:21 AM
Jundo;
Don't change your vote, Mongen and Myoku are right. "Couldn't hurt!" does not apply. Lets stick with TreeLeaf flavored Treeleaf!
I'm for getting the sitting room back in-site! :mrgreen:

Marek
03-15-2012, 01:34 PM
Hello, my friends!

Please correct me if I' m wrong but if I understood that well from Dokan post, guys from ,plumline' are sitiing in particular time right? and they want to just sit, 30 min, right? so I can join them or not and I can make my sitting widely public when I want to or sitting only with Treeleaf circle.

Let me be clear with my statement: I don' t want add ,plumline' circle to Treeleaf circle. G+ has that advantage over facebook that I can decide which people from what circle is going to know what I' m doing right now.

If I have to add ,plumline' circle to Treeleaf circle I don' t want this.If this will create some kinds of commitments between ,us' and ,them' I don't want that either...

Sitting with Sangha in the first place. Sitting with ,plumline' occasionally or even with someone from the other tradition - why not - but of course sitting shikantaza from Treeleaf sangha tradition :D

So I call G+ page as a G+ Zendo and I agree with you that it should be Treeleaf zendo - don't want any differents here. But also I don' t want to be close for those who want to sit with us time time.

...I hope I was clear enough in that post :( ...so what you think?

:)

Dokan
03-15-2012, 02:31 PM
Everyone is invited to do shikantaza with us though.

I think this sums up my feelings quite perfectly. And this is why I wrote:

Maybe just pick a time that we agree is our busiest (seems around 8 pm Central) and then post it publicly to the Treeleaf G+ page.

By posting this to the Treeleaf page publicly, all it does is allow others to join us for a sit...anyone.

I personally set all my sittings to public, and have had quite a wide group of people join me...some just stare at me, some sit with me...

At the end of the day, this is why I brought it up. If we should keep the doors to the zendo closed to just those in our sangha, I'm ok with that as well. I know I'm quite extroverted, but accept that others may only want to sit with people they know and are familiar with.

Right now I won't do anything. However I still feel that maybe a regularly schedule "Treeleaf Open Sit" to the public would be a nice thing to share our practice.

Gassho,

Dokan

Myoku
03-15-2012, 02:43 PM
However I still feel that maybe a regularly schedule "Treeleaf Open Sit" to the public would be a nice thing to share our practice.

The weekly zazenkai would be perfect for this, no ? Maybe a info at g+ and a link to the respective forum would do.
_()_
Myoku

Marek
03-15-2012, 02:48 PM
Dokan wrote:Maybe just pick a time that we agree is our busiest (seems around 8 pm Central) and then post it publicly to the Treeleaf G+ page.

By posting this to the Treeleaf page publicly, all it does is allow others to join us for a sit...anyone.

I still feel that maybe a regularly schedule "Treeleaf Open Sit" to the public would be a nice thing to share our practice.

Gassho,

Dokan

And I think this is a great idea, Dokan. After all sharing our practice is not mixing it with others traditions. It is simple, make us open to anybody and in the same time Treeleaf sangha will be Treeleaf sangha without worries about to much ,openness' .

Shugen
03-15-2012, 02:49 PM
I'm with Marek. As long as the two groups don't get lumped together. My microphone/speakers are off when I sit on G+, so no "cross contamination" can occur. ;-)

Ron

Shugen

Daijo
03-15-2012, 02:57 PM
I usually invite tree leaf circle to my sits and I also invite a couple of friends who are not part of this sangha. I also have a circle called dharma friends, that includes all types of traditions. I choose not to invite that circle as I dont want to accidentaly end up seeing someones tantric practice :oops: or see levitation (Okay I might want to see that), listen to loud drums, etc...I think if we're "just sitting" the more the merrier. I know a few of you have sat with my friend Michael Love, he's not a tree leaf member and it doesn't seem to disturb the force at all.

All I know is I really enjoy the g+ sits. In a very unattached way of course. :D

Dokan
03-28-2012, 12:46 PM
Hello All,

I know I need to put together an updated video on how to setup and use G+ again, but for posterity and as a reminder for me I thought I'd share a couple things which have been helpful for me:

My Hangouts Add on for Chrome:
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/cfinllcgkoaclehohigffcfmgibaomeh

This will provide pop-ups in Chrome when someone starts to sit, like this:

And:

Also, for a quick link to start up a hangout, you can use the following URL:

http://plus.google.com/hangouts

If someone is already sitting, then you'll see them on the right side of the screen and can join them...otherwise you can just click "Hang out"

Gassho,

Dokan

Attached files http://www.treeleaf.org/forums/images/attachments_phpbb/72312=686-Capture.JPG (http://www.treeleaf.org/forums/images/attachments_phpbb/72312=686-Capture.JPG) http://www.treeleaf.org/forums/images/attachments_phpbb/72312=688-Capture.JPG (http://www.treeleaf.org/forums/images/attachments_phpbb/72312=688-Capture.JPG) http://www.treeleaf.org/forums/images/attachments_phpbb/72312=687-Untitled.png (http://www.treeleaf.org/forums/images/attachments_phpbb/72312=687-Untitled.png)

Gary
03-28-2012, 02:40 PM
Thanks for that Dokan, much appreciated.
Gassho
Gary

Yugen
03-31-2012, 02:44 AM
Greetings all,
I have just joined G+, and per Dokan's request, I am posting here to that effect. Trying to figure this all out! I am on G+ as Yugen Mutsu.

See you there - I would like to join those sitting! Any tips in helping find you all are appreciated!

Gassho,
Yugen

threethirty
03-31-2012, 02:46 PM
To all the people having troubling groking G+ you aren't the only ones. I work in IT and have grown up on the internet and it is still odd to me :) I will be sharing my sits at work, they are only 10-20 mins (I look at it like a smoke break but more helpful) and they are kind of sparatic.

Hoyu
03-31-2012, 03:59 PM
Yugen wrote:
I am on G+ as Yugen Mutsu.

Added! Looking forward to sitting with you there Yugen :)

Gassho,
Hoyu

Yugen
03-31-2012, 06:08 PM
Hoyu,
Awesome! I am just figuring G+ out; looking forward to sitting with you too.

Gassho,
Yugen

Dokan
03-31-2012, 06:32 PM
Hi Yugen!

Added you to the Treeleaf Sangha Circles and re-shared with the crew. Please let me know if you have any questions or problems!

Gassho,

Dokan

Yugen
04-06-2012, 07:59 PM
Dokan,
Thank you so much! I am finding my way round G+. What a great way to connect with everyone!

Gassho,
Yugen

Heisoku
04-11-2012, 07:56 PM
The new look G+ is +1 ....and it teaches us about impermanence!..as all recent streams have disappeared!

Shujin
04-11-2012, 10:03 PM
The new look G+ is +1 ....and it teaches us about impermanence!..as all recent streams have disappeared!

:D

ZenHarmony
04-29-2012, 05:29 AM
Good day, all!

Still in the process of figuring out G+, but I now have a TreeLeaf Sangha circle with a few fellow TreeLeafers in it.
If you would like to accept my add, my name on there is Lisa Alexander.
As I am quite shy, unsure of all the rituals involved and really not used to video chatting other than with my granddaughter,
I may appear to be a bit standoffish and clumsy... I hope you'll be patient with me! :)

Lisa

Gary
04-29-2012, 06:05 AM
Good day, all!

Still in the process of figuring out G+, but I now have a TreeLeaf Sangha circle with a few fellow TreeLeafers in it.
If you would like to accept my add, my name on there is Lisa Alexander.
As I am quite shy, unsure of all the rituals involved and really not used to video chatting other than with my granddaughter,
I may appear to be a bit standoffish and clumsy... I hope you'll be patient with me! :)

Lisa

Hey Lisa,

I was really nervous too when I first hung out, just gotta jump in and start swimming, the water is warm. :)
Don't worry about chatting, I don't really do chatting over the internet either, it's ok, there no need to chat.
Looking forward to sitting with you.

Gassho
Gary

Myoku
04-29-2012, 07:23 AM
Dont worry, Lisa,
basically our zazen hangouts are: bowing when entering the chat, sitting for as long as we wish, bowing, maybe giving a wave and leaving, no discussions and nothing one possibly could do wrong. I had trouble to find you as there are many Lisa Alexander, I think Dokan will add you to the Treeleaf circle when he finds time (and btw, Dokan, we can share this job of adding if you want some assistant like me :))

_()_
Myoku

Dokan
04-29-2012, 01:24 PM
I had trouble to find you as there are many Lisa Alexander, I think Dokan will add you to the Treeleaf circle when he finds time (and btw, Dokan, we can share this job of adding if you want some assistant like me :))

I've added Lisa to the Treeleaf Sangha page and have reshared the circle so everyone can add her to their circles. (Sorry for delay, been on business travel.)

@Myoku, sounds good! I'll send you an email to discuss the details of what to do and how to do it. It's pretty simple to manage but the help is still appreciated!

Gassho,

Dokan

ZenHarmony
04-29-2012, 07:20 PM
... I had trouble to find you as there are many Lisa Alexander...

Haha! I'm sorry, I just recently went from having an unusual last name to having one that is common and didn't think... my preferred contact pic is:

http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii195/ZenHarmony/Zen/zendo.jpg

which may make it easier to find me. : )

Lisa

Myoku
04-30-2012, 05:05 AM
Thank you Lisa :)
_()_
Myoku

Shugen
05-02-2012, 01:55 AM
I'm not going to be in the zen-hall for a little while. Keep a spot warm for me.

Ron

Shugen

Marek
05-02-2012, 10:42 AM
We will Ron ! Take care :D

Yugen
05-02-2012, 01:29 PM
There is always a zafu for you.... see you soon.... safe travels..... we practice together in the same stream no matter our physical location.

Gassho,
Yugen

Hoyu
05-03-2012, 10:14 AM
Keep a spot warm for me.

A spot, and the kettle, will be kept nice and warm for your return Shugen!

Gassho,
Hoyu

Shokai
05-03-2012, 10:26 AM
Warm, cold, shit happens, enjoy Sanshinji :D

Gary
05-14-2012, 11:19 PM
I'm having problems with g+ hang out, I've been losing connection during hang outs, a post doesn't appear in my stream where I can comment "Zazen".
These are only recent issues everything was fine until they changed the invite page, as far as I'm aware my PC and laptop both meet minimum requirements and both work well with Skype etc.
It seems that g+ is draining all the CPU, I sent my PC off to get a new video card and wireless card hoping that that may help, but I think not.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated, I kinda miss sitting with you guys.

g+ hang out sucks, but it is OK! 8)

Gassho
Gary

Dokan
05-15-2012, 12:31 AM
Odd. Haven't seen the issue of no entry in your stream when starting a sit...

I've been booted a couple of times but nothing recently. Those were typically related to a Google Chrome crash...but it has been a while. Have you tried other browsers? Which are you using?

Gassho

Dokan

Mp
05-15-2012, 05:07 AM
Thanks Dokan ... I have added you to my Google+ circle.

Gassho,
Michael

Myoku
05-15-2012, 05:30 AM
I'm having problems with g+ hang out, I've been losing connection during hang outs, ...

I lost connection only twice, but both in recent two weeks. Overall g+ became very flaky recently, I know of Richard Shokai having trouble too. We both sometimes cant start hangout or get kicked out quickly. Often I completely loose video, all that since about two weeks, I guess its a bit like bad weather, so we cant get to the zendo this day ;) No tips from here, as I have not the slightest clue why on some days all is perfect and on others not.
_()_
Peter Myoku

Gary
05-15-2012, 07:14 AM
Odd. Haven't seen the issue of no entry in your stream when starting a sit...

I've been booted a couple of times but nothing recently. Those were typically related to a Google Chrome crash...but it has been a while. Have you tried other browsers? Which are you using?

Gassho

Dokan

Thank you Dokan, I'm using Chrome on both the PC and laptop, I'll give it a go today on Internet Explorer and I'll change the setting to slow connection and we see what happens. :-)

Thank you Myoku, bad weather is a good description, it's cool how if we change the way perceive something it can change the way we feel about it. All good practice. _/|_

Gassho
Gary

Mp
05-20-2012, 05:00 AM
Hello Dokan,

Thanks very much for this ... I am all setup and look forward to the next sitting.

Gassho,
Michael

Thane
06-15-2012, 09:33 PM
Hi Dokan

I am new to treeleaf and to Google +. Google+ seems really complicated to me? I am keen to sit with people on there but i will read your advice and wil hopefully figure it out _/l\_

Dokan
06-15-2012, 10:06 PM
Hi Dokan

I am new to treeleaf and to Google +. Google+ seems really complicated to me? I am keen to sit with people on there but i will read your advice and wil hopefully figure it out _/l\_

Hi Thane,

Maybe this might help clarify some of the points. Myoku created it but if you have any questions please feel free to ask!

https://docs.google.com/open?id=0BzeOg3N_zlUBeFpDazNXekxBcEU

Gassho,

Dokan

Shujin
06-18-2012, 07:20 PM
I see we have the ability to create groups on the current incarnation of Treeleaf -- what do y'all think of a Google+ group? It might make some of the info easier to find for folks who are interested. I dunno.

Gassho,
Shujin

Myozan Kodo
06-18-2012, 08:55 PM
Hi,
How has this worked out for you guys? Are you sitting with Plumline people?
Gassho
Myozan

Shugen
06-18-2012, 11:05 PM
Hi,
How has this worked out for you guys? Are you sitting with Plumline people?
Gassho
Myozan

I haven't sat with them.

Ron

Shugen
06-19-2012, 08:52 PM
I see we have the ability to create groups on the current incarnation of Treeleaf -- what do y'all think of a Google+ group? It might make some of the info easier to find for folks who are interested. I dunno.

Gassho,
Shujin

I think that's a good idea. I would join it ;-)

Ron

Shugen

Hoyu
06-19-2012, 10:33 PM

Gassho,
Shujin
This is a great idea! I'd join too :)

Seimyo
06-19-2012, 11:01 PM
I will make it so guys. Thanks for the suggestion.

Gassho,
Chris

Seimyo
06-20-2012, 08:24 PM
The Google+ User Group is now open.
http://www.treeleaf.org/forums/group.php?groupid=5

Gassho,
Chris

Koshin
06-20-2012, 09:14 PM
Thank you christhatischris .... but I am beginning to wonder, with so much work doing here, are you getting enough sleep?? Every time I log on I can see so much hard work and new things and tweaks....truly truly thank you :)

Gary
06-20-2012, 09:31 PM
Awesome job Chris and the team, I really appreciate all that you do.

Gassho
Gary

Seimyo
06-20-2012, 10:09 PM
Hi Lipor,
Yes, I sleep. Is it enough? Probably not. But I really must say, I enjoy what I do here. It's part of my practice, and it benefits many. We are also still working out all of the small details that come with new sites like this. Soon the dust will settle and I will be on to another project of some kind. Thank you though for noticing all of the effort WE (not me) have put into making this a great new home for our Sangha, it's been greatly appreciated. :)

Gassho,
Chris

Hoyu
06-21-2012, 12:05 AM
Thank you christhatischris .... but I am beginning to wonder, with so much work doing here, are you getting enough sleep?? Every time I log on I can see so much hard work and new things and tweaks....truly truly thank you :)
And he still finds time for sitting! Deep gassho to Chris for his dedication 🙏

Shugen
06-21-2012, 12:30 AM
And he still finds time for sitting! Deep gassho to Chris for his dedication 🙏

What he said! :-)

Ron

Shugen

Dokan
06-23-2012, 11:49 AM
Small update. G+ checks to see if you are still there if there is no 'activity' (read: zazen). Therefore you can grab an extension for Google Chrome browser that will keep you active and not disconnect you!

I've successfully tested it by letting a hangout run the whole evening without being disconnected.

http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/131680

Thanks to Kojip for the tip!

Gassho,

Dokan

Mp
06-23-2012, 02:29 PM
Small update. G+ checks to see if you are still there if there is no 'activity' (read: zazen). Therefore you can grab an extension for Google Chrome browser that will keep you active and not disconnect you!

I've successfully tested it by letting a hangout run the whole evening without being disconnected.

Gassho,

Dokan

Thanks for this, I have added the extension to my browser and we will see how it works out. :)

Koshin
06-23-2012, 02:59 PM
Thanks for the tip :)

Gary
06-24-2012, 09:34 PM
I've been having problems with G+ and my Logitech C310 webcam, I just discovered the following on G+ Known Issues, hopefully it will be resolved soon, in the mean time back to the laptop...

We're aware of an issue some users are experiencing with their microphones and/or webcams not working in Hangouts and Google Chat. We are investigating this issue and working on getting it resolved. Please make sure that you are not using one of the microphones or webcams listed in the Known Issue below, because those are not supported by Hangouts.

Hangouts does not support certain mics and webcams Google Hangouts does not support the following devices:
Webcams

Logitech webcams (C310, C910, etc.) don't work on Mac OS X 10.6.7 or earlier

Microphones

Tascam US-144

Audio Chipsets

Realtek ALC883 Audio Codec, Version 6.0.1.5413
Conexant 20585 SmartAudio HD

RichardH
06-28-2012, 11:04 AM
Hi Dokan. I'm not sure how to join a hangout... Do hangouts form and disappear? or is there a specific page for each hangout I can go to at the allotted time? I tried to join the 6:30 am (EST?) sitting this morning, but was unable see it by either going to the Treeleaf google plus page , or going to your link in the schedule... any suggestions ?

Last weeks Zazenkai popped up on the treeleaf google+ page. but this is somehow different? Thank you.

Gassho, kojip

Dokan
06-28-2012, 04:48 PM
Hangouts are dynamic. If someone is sitting, and you have them in one of your circles, then you'll see that sit in your stream. If nobody is on, you can start a sit by clicking "Hangout" in the top right corner of the Google Plus page. Myoku has wrote a wonderful guide that is available on the Treeleaf Sangha G+ page.

On my phone right now but try this link:

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0BzeOg3N_zlUBeFpDazNXekxBcEU/edit?pli=1#

Gassho

Dokan

Sent from my SGH-I897 using Tapatalk 2

Gary
06-30-2012, 03:33 PM
Is anyone using the hang out successfully on iPad 2?

Gassho
Gary

Heisoku
07-01-2012, 08:02 AM
Hi Gary..I have used hangouts on Ipad2 using the G+ app and it has worked well. The only thing is it doesn't show up after logging in on G+ on my laptop!?

Gary
07-01-2012, 08:27 AM
Thanks Heisoku that's reassuring, I have an ipad 2 arriving this week. :)

Gassho
Gary

Dokan
07-01-2012, 12:03 PM
The only thing is it doesn't show up after logging in on G+ on my laptop!?

G+ won't save the hangout post if nobody else joined. One way to get it to save however is to post a comment to it...although I'm not sure how it works with iPads.

Gassho

Dokan

Sent from my SGH-I897 using Tapatalk 2

Myoku
07-02-2012, 05:16 AM
Well, as far as I got it (no iPad myself, Android here), on iOS devices you cannot yet start a regular hangout; you can start if from "Messenger" there, but this unfortunately means its not showing up on other peoples streams (on other devices, like PC, Mac, Android tablets). Thats the last I heard from iOS users. No workaround until a new g+ apps appear for iOS.

Dokan
07-02-2012, 11:47 AM
Well, as far as I got it (no iPad myself, Android here), on iOS devices you cannot yet start a regular hangout; you can start if from "Messenger" there, but this unfortunately means its not showing up on other peoples streams (on other devices, like PC, Mac, Android tablets). Thats the last I heard from iOS users. No workaround until a new g+ apps appear for iOS.

Furthermore, depending on the Android device, you may not be able to start a Hangout but only join one. On my Samsung Galaxy Tab I can start a hangout no problem. However, on my Samsung Galaxy phone I can only join. I had read it has something to do with front facing camera drivers or other tripe. Anyway, I find my laptop (while cumbersome) more reliable for me anyway.

Gassho,

Dokan

Kyotai
07-09-2012, 06:33 AM
Just to clarify, so if I am starting a hangout for zazen, I must invite all from my aquaintance (which is where everyone from trealeaf is placed)? Will inviting not send an actual invite out to all members? I just want people to be able to join the hangout if they wish.

Shawn

Myoku
07-09-2012, 07:12 AM
If you start a hangout from a "normal computer" (that is _not_ a mobile phone, at least in most cases), you have to invite us, so the hangout is visible in our stream (thats the info shown to us when we log into g+). It not means we get an email or message, so just invite us :encouragement:
_()_
Myoku

ps.: From most mobile devices (phones, tablets) a hangout can only be run from "Messenger", which would indeed create a message being sent to the people you invited.

Kyotai
07-09-2012, 07:24 AM
Good enough, thanks

Shawn

Kyonin
07-09-2012, 10:04 AM
Thanks for the tip!

Last 4 hour zazenkai I got prompted twice. I will install this ASAP!

Gassho,

Dokan

Kyotai
07-10-2012, 01:19 PM
Just a quick question regarding privacy and google +. A few friends of mine have added me to their google + circles. Because I use this primarily as a way to stay in touch with the treeleaf community, I prefer them not to be able to view my profile. I assume they cannot see my details unless unless I add them to a circle..even though they have added me?

Thanks

Shawn

Myoku
07-10-2012, 01:48 PM
It depends, Shawn,
on the (almost) top right of the google+ page is a gear icon; which lets you - once clicked - go to the Settings.
On this Settings page on the left are various menu items, one reads "Profile and Privacy", click this to get to
the privacy settings; Now on this page you will find a "Edit Visibility on Profile" button (it should be the first
grey button from top), NOW you are on the relevant page.
Yes its a bit complicate and yes, there are MANY options, for each item of your profile you can set if its visible
to the world, your circles, only you, and so on (just click on the icon left of each profile line).

Its pretty clever, but not obvious, feel free to ask again.
_()_
Myoku

Gary
07-10-2012, 08:05 PM
Just got an update for iOS Google plus app which unable you to start a hangout. :encouragement:

Gassho
Gary

Myoku
07-11-2012, 05:59 AM
I guess its should read "enable" ? Hopefully
_()_
Peter

Gary
07-11-2012, 07:48 AM
I guess its should read "enable" ? Hopefully
_()_
Peter

Ha ha, the g+ app for iPad is crashing on start up for me, so unable isn't far off the truth just now. [mad]
Although the iPhone version is fine so far and the hangout worked, it also seemed to stay in the stream without a comment but I added one anyway just in case.

Gassho
Gary

Kyotai
07-11-2012, 04:18 PM
One more question, in general, when someone is hosting a hangout for zazen on google (You see several every day) Is it usually open to any and all to join....? I don't want to jump in on a zazen hangout if it was meant to be more private.

Shawn

Myoku
07-11-2012, 05:05 PM
Shawn,
when you see it, you are free to join it. If someone starts something private, he should invite only those people he want to see, and if this doesnt include you, you wont see it. So in short: Please join :)
Gassho
Myoku

Kyotai
07-11-2012, 06:53 PM
Are Mic's always on mute?

Kaishin
07-11-2012, 06:58 PM
Are Mic's always on mute?

In general, yes. I will usually put that in my status, e.g. "Zazen 30 minutes, mic muted" --just so people don't expect a conversation ;)

RichardH
07-11-2012, 07:26 PM
Hi Rook.. and fellow Ontarian. There is a morning sitting from 630-700 am EST. I'm going to try and keep it consistent 7 days a week... hangout starting at 6:25 and ending 7:05.. No talk. Just the bell...and a little time for chanting the vows after the sit if that is what you do.. drop in at any point if you feel like it. gassho.

ZenHarmony
07-12-2012, 04:54 AM
I always leave my mic on, but I warn people in my comment that I have nature sounds playing, and there is a bell every 5 minutes on my phone that may also be heard. And yes, Jundo, the nature sounds are part of my practice - no binaural beats, no music, just birdsong. The bells used to startle me, now I'm simply amazed at how quickly time flies when I'm sitting. [happy]

Gassho,

Lisa

Jundo
07-12-2012, 05:11 AM
I always leave my mic on, but I warn people in my comment that I have nature sounds playing, and there is a bell every 5 minutes on my phone that may also be heard. And yes, Jundo, the nature sounds are part of my practice - no binaural beats, no music, just birdsong. The bells used to startle me, now I'm simply amazed at how quickly time flies when I'm sitting. [happy]

Gassho,

Lisa

Hi Lisa,

We should really sit with whatever noise there is ... noise and silence as one. So, for example, we have some helicopters (from one of the military bases around here) and many cars that pass by Treeleaf Tsukuba, and also birds singing in the trees. We do not push away any of it ... birds just birds, helicopters just helicopters. To think that birds are lovely, yet helicopters are a racket ... misses the true Silence of Zazen.

Gassho, J

ZenHarmony
07-12-2012, 07:01 AM
Hi, Jundo!

I knew you were going to say that, but I feel that the birdsong that I play is mainly just an extension of the birdsong that is outside my window, it blends in so well. But it is also a signal to my mind/no-mind that I am in zazen mode, and allows me to let go of any anger I may have at my husband's interruption with his whooping and hollering downstairs. Since I am such a beginner, can you allow me this crutch until such time as I no longer "need" it and can let it go, as I will be able to let the outside distractions go? Or do I really need to get rid of both the birdsong and the bells right now and simply deal with the frustration? I defer to your better judgement... ;)

Gassho,

Lisa

Kyotai
07-13-2012, 12:32 AM
Hi Rook.. and fellow Ontarian. There is a morning sitting from 630-700 am EST. I'm going to try and keep it consistent 7 days a week... hangout starting at 6:25 and ending 7:05.. No talk. Just the bell...and a little time for chanting the vows after the sit if that is what you do.. drop in at any point if you feel like it. gassho.

Thanks Kojip, I have seen some of your hangouts open on google. I will drop by at some point for sure.

Shawn

Jundo
07-13-2012, 12:54 AM
Hi, Jundo!

I knew you were going to say that, but I feel that the birdsong that I play is mainly just an extension of the birdsong that is outside my window, it blends in so well. But it is also a signal to my mind/no-mind that I am in zazen mode, and allows me to let go of any anger I may have at my husband's interruption with his whooping and hollering downstairs. Since I am such a beginner, can you allow me this crutch until such time as I no longer "need" it and can let it go, as I will be able to let the outside distractions go? Or do I really need to get rid of both the birdsong and the bells right now and simply deal with the frustration? I defer to your better judgement... ;)

Gassho,

Lisa

Hi Lisa,

Well, that is fine much like counting one's breath for a beginner. However, I will suggest that the Real Fruits of this practice are where one can sit with birds and helicopters, whooping cranes and hollering husbands.

Here is a filmed talk by Suzuki Roshi (one of the few) in which he speaks of the birdies being not only outside us. You may notice that, in the talk, he finds the birds the annoying sound! Where are the birds singing?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pHNyCAJXUXE

Gassho, J

ZenHarmony
07-13-2012, 03:35 AM
Thank you, Jundo!

That was what I was trying to get across, in my own stumbling way: I don't actually listen to the birdsong; it's simply part of the environment, but a constant that is grounding, like my heartbeat, or my breath, and at the same time, soothing.

While I was sitting the other night, someone was nailing boards across the lane, which wasn't distracting at all. Even though it was in fits and starts, it had a rhythm that seemed to fit in with the rhythm of my heartbeat and seemed natural and right. I was sorry to have the time end, and came back much more slowly than usual, enjoying the sound a bit longer. There were kids whooping and hollering from the same yard, but they really didn't penetrate my session in any way, shape or form... they just were. It was definitely a wonderful experience and gave me hope.

Gassho,

Lisa