PDA

View Full Version : Back to Zazen

Gregor
05-15-2011, 05:08 PM
I've not been practicing at all or very rarely for awhile. For Whatever reason, today I was overcome by the desire to sit again.

Interesting, how much my mind wandered during Zazen today, feels like I'm starting out from stratch again -- I suppose being a begininer all over again is really quite a good thing.

Dosho
05-15-2011, 05:24 PM
I've not been practicing at all or very rarely for awhile. For Whatever reason, today I was overcome by the desire to sit again.

Interesting, how much my mind wandered during Zazen today, feels like I'm starting out from stratch again -- I suppose being a begininer all over again is really quite a good thing.

We're all beginners...think I heard that somewhere around here. ;)

Good to see you back.

Gassho,
Dosho

JohnsonCM
05-15-2011, 11:55 PM
Yeah.....sounds familiar. Almost like the title of a book I saw once. :wink:

Jundo
05-16-2011, 01:57 AM
Hey Greg,

Keep sitting, we are all always beginners!

With you and Will around these days, it is like 'old times' around here! :)

Gassho, J

Eika
05-16-2011, 02:06 AM
Hi, Gregor.

Glad you're sitting again.

I think Uchiyama said something about zazen being about the simple act of returning to sitting . . . I suppose that could be extended to include returning to the cushion after a break. It's all part of the ride.

Here's to your practice, gassho,
Eika

Kyonin
05-21-2011, 11:47 AM
I know the feeling.

I had some really weird and crazy days on the last two weeks and I rarely had the time or will to sit and go out for my morning run. Not sure how that works, but after just a few days of not sitting you start craving it badly.

It's great to have zazenkai on weekends :)

Myozan Kodo
05-23-2011, 10:04 PM
Hi,
Sounds like zazen will always be with you.
Gassho,
Soen