PDA

View Full Version : SIT-A-LONG with JUNDO: A JOYOUS VESAK

Jundo
04-09-2011, 02:46 AM
http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1143/1140141655_1d7b2b40d2.jpg April 8th marks VESAK, HANAMATSURI, BUDDHA'S BIRTHDAY, in Japan (other days in various places in Asia) ...

... Please join us in celebration of this simple time of birth and rebirth.

Truly, each moment of each moment is the moment of Buddha's Birth.

Today’s Sit-A-Long video follows at this link. Remember: recording ends soon after the beginning bells; a sitting time of 15 to 35 minutes is recommended.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lHj7zeEG9Mo

Onshin
04-09-2011, 11:30 AM
Thank you Jundo,
You remind me of the lovely Baby Buddha washing ceremony at Reading Priory.

Gassho

Shokai
04-09-2011, 11:59 AM
Thank you,

Hoyu
04-09-2011, 01:23 PM
Thank you Jundo Sensei. I look forward to seeing the baby Buddha washing ceremony next year :D

Gassho,
John

Nenka
04-09-2011, 04:02 PM
Hm, how do I say this. I confess I'm having a bit of trouble with Vesak, or at least mixed feelings. I mean I've spent my life not believing in or really wanting to celebrate the "virgin birth" of Christ, and now here I am celebrating the baby Buddha popping out of his mother's side and declaring his godhood? Perhaps I am speaking too bluntly, or focusing too heavily on a literal interpretation of a creation myth (or however a scholar might put it) but . . . well . . . is it just me?

Gassho

Jennifer

Myozan Kodo
04-09-2011, 06:08 PM
Thank you Jundo. Remember seeing the ceremony in a Tokyo temple in 2007. Very beautiful. Must do it with my kids next year.
Gassho
Soen

Jundo
04-10-2011, 01:01 AM
Hm, how do I say this. I confess I'm having a bit of trouble with Vesak, or at least mixed feelings. I mean I've spent my life not believing in or really wanting to celebrate the "virgin birth" of Christ, and now here I am celebrating the baby Buddha popping out of his mother's side and declaring his godhood? Perhaps I am speaking too bluntly, or focusing too heavily on a literal interpretation of a creation myth (or however a scholar might put it) but . . . well . . . is it just me?

Gassho

Jennifer

I take it all as symbol and parable. I just like babies and new life ... whether they are baby Buddhas or just babies. THAT IS THE TRUE MIRACLE!

The white elephant in a dream and all the rest, his jumping out of his mother's side already 'walkin' & talkin' ... just lovely decorations added by ancient story tellers to add a bit of flash and magic.

BUT THE REAL MAGIC IS HERE ALL ALONG! 8)

Gassho, J

Nenka
04-10-2011, 06:37 PM
I take it all as symbol and parable. I just like babies and new life ... whether they are baby Buddhas or just babies. THAT IS THE TRUE MIRACLE!

The white elephant in a dream and all the rest, his jumping out of his mother's side already 'walkin' & talkin' ... just lovely decorations added by ancient story tellers to add a bit of flash and magic.

BUT THE REAL MAGIC IS HERE ALL ALONG! 8)

Gassho, J

Well, okay. I can get with that. :D

Gassho,

jen

Saijun
04-10-2011, 08:26 PM
Hello friends,

Buddha is born every day.

Thank you for the talk.

Metta,

Saijun

Dosho
04-11-2011, 02:59 PM
Happy Vesak to you Jundo and to all in the sangha.

Thank you.

Gassho,
Dosho

Byokan
04-10-2016, 06:19 AM
Beautiful. Thank you Jundo gassho2

Gassho
Byōkan
sat today

Anshu Bryson
04-22-2016, 08:22 AM
Hari Waisak (Vesak Day) in Indonesia is May 22 this year, so I get to commemorate it twice...!

Gassho,
Anshu

-sat today-

Onkai
04-22-2016, 06:26 PM
Happy belated Vesak. Thank you, Jundo.gassho2

Gassho,
Onkai
SatToday

Theophan
04-22-2016, 06:42 PM
Jundo,
Thank you

Gassho
Theophan
(Sekishi)

Sat Today

Tai Shi
04-24-2016, 08:43 AM
My limitations not exceeding my acceptance--thank you teacher Jundo--Life in Vesak--Life in Life we circle into Life, into blue sky with clouds passing. Thank you Sangha,

Tai Shi
Calm Poetry
sat this morning
Gassho