PDA

View Full Version : February 26th, 2011 Weekly Zazenkai

Jundo
02-25-2011, 11:56 AM
Hi,

Please 'sit-a-long' with our weekly FRIDAY/SATURDAY 'LIVE FROM TREELEAF' 90 minute ZAZENKAI, netcast LIVE TODAY from 9am Japan time Saturday morning (that is New York 7pm, Los Angeles 4pm (Friday night), London midnight and Paris 1am (early Saturday morning))

... and to be visible at the following link during those times ...

LIVE ZAZENKAI NETCAST at USTREAM:

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/sit-a-long-with-jundo (http://http://www.ustream.tv/channel/sit-a-long-with-jundo)

But FEAR NOT if not possible for you to join 'live' in your location at those times, as the entire sitting is recorded in 'REAL TIME' and available for full participation 'on demand' at any time after that, no different from the 'live' sitting :

'REAL TIME' recorded 'ANY TIME' version link is here:

http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/12939020

OUR 90 MINUTE SITTING SCHEDULE IS AS FOLLOWS:

00:00 – 00:15 CEREMONY (HEART SUTRA in English ONLY) and Dedication
00:15 – 00:45 ZAZEN
00:45 – 00:55 KINHIN
00:55 – 01:25 ZAZEN
01:25 – 01:30 FOUR VOWS, & VERSE OF ATONEMENT

As you can see, our Zazenkai consists of chanting the 'Heart Sutra' in English (the words are at the link below), some full floor prostrations in sets of three (please follow along with me ... or a simple Gassho can be substituted if you wish), followed by our Dedication, Zazen twice for 30 minutes each, with 10 minutes of Kinhin in between, and we end the sitting with 'The Verse of Atonement' and 'The Four Vows'.

Please download and print out the words of the Chants we will recite at the following link:

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=2231 (http://http://www.treeleaf.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=2231)

So, please join us as soon as you can, and we will keep a Zafu open for you.

Remember, when we drop all thought of 'here' 'there' 'now' 'then' ... we are sitting all together!

Kaishin
02-25-2011, 02:14 PM
For the first time, I will be able to attend the live sitting! :D

Cheers,
Matt

Dosho
02-25-2011, 04:22 PM
I will be attempting to watch the stream and sit in the zen hall at the same time for anyone else who might wish to join in. It hasn't worked for me in the past but I've upped my RAM significantly so I'm hoping my computer will be able to keep up. Either way, I'll be there live tonight...seen or unseen. ;)

Gassho,
Dosho

Kaishin
02-25-2011, 04:43 PM
I will be attempting to watch the stream and sit in the zen hall at the same time for anyone else who might wish to join in. It hasn't worked for me in the past but I've upped my RAM significantly so I'm hoping my computer will be able to keep up. Either way, I'll be there live tonight...seen or unseen. ;)

Gassho,
Dosho

I will try too!

roky
02-25-2011, 05:25 PM
no camping this weekend, so i'll be there live, in the hall, if the wifi gods cooperate -- if someone has a good connection, perhaps they could leave their mike on? -- that way, they will broadcast the audio of jundo -- for those of us whose connection doesn't allow us to do both

gassho, roky

Hogo
02-25-2011, 05:53 PM
no camping this weekend, so i'll be there live, in the hall, if the wifi gods cooperate -- if someone has a good connection, perhaps they could leave their mike on? -- that way, they will broadcast the audio of jundo -- for those of us whose connection doesn't allow us to do both

gassho, roky

I should be there tonight as well, (I saw your post to Engyo) one of us will be able to get some sound to you I am sure.
Till then ~ Gassho.

Hoyu
02-25-2011, 10:42 PM
Class tonight but i will be joining on demand tomorrow morning :D
To all who will be live, have a great time!

Gassho,
John

Kaishin
02-26-2011, 01:30 AM
Thanks, Jundo! Very glad to be able to attend my first live Zazenkai as a Treeleafer!

And thanks to Hogo, Roky, and Dosho for the live Zen Hall session too. That was my first time trying it out and it seems like my finicky laptop worked pretty well.

Gassho, all!
-Matt

Ronchan
02-26-2011, 01:32 AM
Thank you for the company and the sit, everybody.

Gassho,
Ronald.

Hogo
02-26-2011, 01:35 AM
Thank you Jundo, and everyone who sat, and will sit, and to those who sat in the zen hall. Great to see so many live this week, and new friends in Japan? if I saw right.
Gassho~ Hogo/Dave.

Dosho
02-26-2011, 05:39 AM
Thanks to all who sat, are sitting, or will sit...deep bows.

Gassho,
Dosho

Myoku
02-26-2011, 05:57 AM
Thanks & Gassho
(sleepy) Peter

Kyonin
02-26-2011, 11:55 AM
Joining on demand in a few minutes!

Risho
02-26-2011, 01:04 PM
Thank you for the sit!

Gassho,

Risho

Hoyu
02-26-2011, 02:01 PM
Aah spring is in the air(below zero in Minnesota)! Proven by the occasional chatter of ravens outside Jundo's Zendo. A welcome sound which makes me long for a return to Japan!!
Thank you Jundo Sensei for the sitting. Hope you made it out for that bike ride! Thank you to all fellow sitters past, present and future as well.

Gassho,
John

Heisoku
02-26-2011, 02:05 PM
It's a great spring day here too!
Thanks for the sitting.

roky
02-26-2011, 03:36 PM
well, jundo came in great, but oovoo was not stable, i'm sure a local wifi issue here, so gave up on the hall

oovoo is fine in the morning when i'm alone in it -- hope this doesn't mean its ok until someone else joins in :roll:

thanks jundo

gassho, roky

Nenka
02-26-2011, 03:41 PM
Spring for some, winter slush for . . . me. Ah well. :? :wink:

A nice Saturday morning sit!

Gassho

Jen

BTW--got a kick out of the "brain training exercises" popup ad. :D

Seishin the Elder
02-26-2011, 04:39 PM
Spring is yet under some new fallen snow around these parts..but you enjoy your bike ride Jundo :roll:

Very nice sit this AM.

Gassho,

Seishin Kyrill

Kyonin
02-26-2011, 04:54 PM
Well it was my first Zazenkai sit at Treeleaf and it was fantastic.

Yep, srping is in the air and weather here is great. Blue sky, shiny sun and I am wearing my cargo shorts.

Thank you Jundo Sensei. It was a great experience. Looking forward for next week.

Jinyu
02-26-2011, 08:18 PM
Thanks to everyone for this zazenkai! :D

gassho,
Jinyu
ps: In Belgium the weather is gray and rainy... as usual! :lol:

Onshin
02-27-2011, 12:51 PM
Beautiful spring morning when I started, by the end of a very good zazenkai, back to wet and windy. At least you can never get bored with the weather here in England :lol:

Gassho to all who sat.

Nindo
02-27-2011, 09:46 PM
Nice to hear the birds call. We just got a fresh dump of snow here, -16C, spring will be a long time to come.