View Full Version : 1/28 TRANSMISSION of the LIGHT: to Daoxin

Jundo
01-29-2011, 11:59 AM
"Who or what is imprisoning you?"

Cook at 161
Hixon at 145

Heisoku
01-30-2011, 10:40 AM
Jundo I have ordered the Cook book (not intended!). Is it Ok to join in so late?

Jundo
01-31-2011, 03:37 AM
Jundo I have ordered the Cook book (not intended!). Is it Ok to join in so late?

Hi Nigel,

You sure can, although we are in the whole homestretch of weeks/generations ... finishing in the spring sometime. One can still go back through the past weeks (one beauty of our timeless Sangha) and play "catch up" (although, of course, nothing to "catch" and no falling behind. 8) )

These stories are an acquired taste, fantastical images and tales meant to convey some deeper truths. Religious stories ... the ancient version of calling up Spielberg and Industrial Light and Magic animators to work up the 3-D Special Effects to get the point across. Just be prepared that one needs sometimes to see beyond/through/right in the heart of the masters with their magic powers and miracles ... to the True Magic Miracle being expressed.

Gassho, Jundo

Myoku
01-31-2011, 07:51 AM
Yes, its always so simple. Enlighten me ... who put you in the dark ? Free my mind ... show me the ropes which bound it. Tell me the ultimate truth ... Its just in front of you. Nothing else, just this :)
_()_
Peter

Hoyu
02-02-2011, 12:09 AM
Happy to have you joining us Heisoku! Always room for one more :)

Gassho,
John

BrianW
02-04-2011, 12:57 AM
"Who or what is imprisoning you?"

Wow what a question! I read this before doing the reading and it really struck me....sort of kept mulling it over in my mind. One answer from Hixon I thought was succinct. Referring to Tao-hsin's "serene uncorrupted" body in his tomb...

[T]imeless liberation, still teaching us, in Keizan's words, that we are "never imprisoned or bound up by life or death."

Gassho,
Jisen/BrianW

Heisoku
02-04-2011, 05:29 PM
Thanks John.

"Who or what is imprisoning you?" This question reread in Hixon just stopped me dead.
Am I not free? What is or is not free?
Brian's quote goes far beyond..beyond the the skandas, life and death..to what?
"Then why are you seeking enlightenment?"
I'm not sure! Am I?

Shogen
02-13-2011, 10:14 PM
Amazing how intricately and stealth-like the mind can bind itself to the myriad things. Empty mind is but a drop of the ocean emptiness. With empty mind we look to the sky and the sky becomes thus. We look at mountains and the mountains become thus. We look at the sea and the sea becomes thus. With empty mind nothing else required such as: blue, majestic, or calm. Empty mind sees only thus.
When the mind grasps at emptiness or liberation it is bound with the conceptuality of each. Empty mind is!
Nine bows to Master Keizan whose teaching of truth transcends centuries.
Deep appreciation to Jundo and Taigu for presenting this study.
Gassho, Zak

Shohei
03-05-2011, 02:05 PM
Brilliantly illustrated.
Rather like the bit on Koku, this lesson.
tied tight with ropes or chains, held back by pain and suffering, struggling to grasp it,! When we realize all these are just barriers in the mind, empty thought, we know there is nothing to be grasped tied up with or held back by, besides where are we going?
A very great and seemingly simple lesson, said as cover my nose!

Gassho
Shohei

AlanLa
03-14-2011, 04:53 PM
Dauxin is free beyond freedom. The concept of liberation requires the concept of freedom just as the concept of death requires the concept of life. But Daoxin goes beyond all that in his own WAY.

"Intrinsic freedom is neither body nor mind, neither delusion nor enlightenment. Subject, object, sleeping, waking--even sleeping mountains and waking rivers--are simply names and forms of our most intimate selfless awareness, playfully called the selfless self" (Hixon).

Hixon writes that "when seeking dissolves, finding dissolves," which is an awesome and beautiful teaching.
Now if I could just find my darn checkbook somewhere!