PDA

View Full Version : Webcam recommendations?

Dosho
09-10-2008, 04:29 AM
Hi All,

About a week ago my computer died and I've spent the time since getting my new one up and running. My old webcam is apparently obsolete and I need to get a new one, but there sure are a lot of them out there to choose from. So, I thought I'd see if anyone had a suggestion since my primary use at the moment is for the Zen hall. I'm looking for something no more than the $25-$30 range ideally, but could go higher if someone thought a particular model and its features was "the bee's knees" (see my other post for why that's worth a chuckle). ;)

Gassho,
Scott

roky
09-10-2008, 03:09 PM
scott - don't know which operating system you have now, probably vista? -- i use an aiptek pencam which also functions as a webcam -- they have one on clearance now, $9 plus shipping, but i'm not sure if it works with vista -- also, these have no sound, so you need a mike, but got my mike, which i never use, for $3 on ebay, new

anyway, i have no complaints about mine

gassho, bob

Dosho
09-10-2008, 06:11 PM
Hey Bob,

Yeah, it's Vista. I actually like the OS, but the big complaint for many has been the need for new hardware. However, I hadn't updated most of mine in an age anyway.

Hopefully I'll get one soon so I can get back to sitting in the Zen hall. Thanks for the reply!

Gassho,
Scott