PDA

View Full Version : Introduction - Jim (Dharmabump)/ Favorite Sites

dharmabump
10-23-2007, 05:10 AM
Well hello, I'm another new Jim here and just want to introduce myself. I've been sitting on my own (on and off) for about 13 years now. I've "flirted" with some sanghas but never really found a home due to schedules and distances. The last week or so I've been sitting along with Jundo and lurking here on the board and felt compelled to join. The daily sits have really been helping me with the discipline needed to practice, and the forum appears to have great spirit and sense of community.

The talk of working toward a cyber-Jukai is very exciting and I definitely plan on participating.

My favorite podcasts are from Buddhist Geeks- http://www.buddhistgeeks.com/ I have no affiliation with the site but am a huge fan and supporter. Jundo, I'd love to see you on there sometime!

Between that site and Treeleaf I get my daily dose of dharma. What are your favorite dharma-related sites?

Gassho,
Jim

Mr Walker
10-23-2007, 05:36 AM
Hi, welcome.

I like to listen to podcasts from Urban Dharma, Zencast and AudioDharma, all available through iTunes.

Walker

oxeye
10-23-2007, 05:47 AM
hi Jim.. I'm new here too. welcome aboard. :)

Bansho
10-23-2007, 12:56 PM
Hi Jim,

Welcome to the Tree. :)

Gassho
Kenneth

Fuken
10-23-2007, 02:21 PM
Welcome Jim,

My favorite site for the Dharma has got to be where my zafu is :D

Gassho,
Jordan

Eika
10-23-2007, 02:25 PM
Hi Jim . . .Welcome!

Bill

Kevin
10-23-2007, 03:37 PM
Welcome, Jim!

I often listen to the podcasts from the San Francisco Zen Center, available free through iTunes.

Dainin
10-23-2007, 06:07 PM
Welcome Jim,

Glad you found us!

Gassho,
Keith

helena
10-23-2007, 06:50 PM
Welcome Jim!

I don't follow any podcasts and blogs come and go, so I couldn't tell you a favorite. For me, the fact that I actually sit down to listen to Jundo every day, is already a lot. I used to find it such a waste of my time to listen to someone talk when I could read it so much faster myself :)

--Helena

Kelly M.
10-24-2007, 12:36 AM
Hello Jim,

Besides Jundo... in some very distant second :wink:, I have taken an affinity for a Podcast called 'Zen is Stupid'. It is a produced by a couple young American Zen practitioners living in Japan. I like it not because it is particularly deep and profound (I'm more apt to read books for that) but because they bring the dharma down to real life, the life of a youngin' such as myself (22). They shake up my outlook on the dharma and provide a counterbalance for the often stuffy and formal stuff I so frequently read... which I like as I try to live as informally as possible :) .

See you around,
Cheers,
Kelly

Jun
10-24-2007, 02:53 AM
Hello and welcome.

Jarkko
10-24-2007, 03:32 AM
Hello Jim!

Gassho
Jarkko

Martin