PDA

View Full Version : A Thank You from Victoria Austin to Treeleafers for your Help

Jundo
03-09-2023, 06:44 AM
Thank you to all who attended Victoria Austin's talk last week, and who donated a little something to help the LGBTQ+ refugee from India whom she is assisting. Victoria wrote me the following, enclosing a message from the refugee (whose name we do not use for their safety):

Dear Jundo,

Thanks so much! I felt honored to be invited to speak.

I sent the sangha's gifts to the young man we were helping. They generously gave over $400, which will cover his visa re-application process to study at Sa Francisco Zen Center.

His message to Treeleaf Sangha is below.

With a deep bow of appreciation,

Shosan

"Deep Bow.

Respected Victoria, I received your email, and the news of warm-hearted people who have donated money and wishes for my visa process. It gives me strength, and keeps my hope alive. These are people who keep alive the light of hope. My Deep Bow to all of them. My Request to them: Please pray for me, that my husband and me could be together, with love, trust, and calmness. May Buddha give you all happiness, peace and love in life. Om mani padme hum.

Warmly,

X."

ZenKen
03-09-2023, 04:08 PM
How wonderful to hear we might have helped in some small way for our friend and his husband to find safety.

Deepest bows

ZenKen
sattoday

Onkai
03-09-2023, 09:25 PM
gassho2

Gassho,
Onkai
Sat lah

Kokuu
03-10-2023, 05:34 PM
gassho2