PDA

View Full Version : NO MISTAKE POSSIBLE (make no mistake about it)

Jundo
08-26-2021, 03:24 PM
There is NO MISTAKE POSSIBLE in the universe, no place to fall, leaping through center vs. outside, no self to do the falling.

AND YET, AND YET, as Dogen said (sometimes misquoted by mistake) "the principle of the way [is that we must] make one mistake after another." He also said (if I am not mistaken), "Stepping forward is a mistake; stepping backward is also a mistake, taking one step is a mistake, taking two steps is also a mistake; therefore one mistake after another mistake."

Mistakes beyond mistakes, falling yet no place to fall, self and no, forward-and-back yet no forward or back. All reality and all sentient beings are ALREADY ENLIGHTENED being, already Buddha with no unenlightened action possible, no place to stumble, no greed or anger or division possible in such whole ...

... AND YET few of us are enlightened to such fact, and often, in our greed, anger and divided thinking, we forget to act in very enlightened ways as a Buddha might act.

Please make no mistake about this TRUTH! :buddha:

Gassho, J
STLAH
Sorry to run long by mistake.

bakera3312
08-26-2021, 03:27 PM
gassho2

Thank you!

Tony,

Shinshi
08-26-2021, 03:27 PM
gassho2

Thank you Jundo.

Gassho, Shinshi

SaT-LaH

Kendrick
08-26-2021, 03:33 PM
Thank you, Jundo. gassho2

Gassho
Kendrick
SAT/LAH

Kotei
08-26-2021, 03:41 PM
gassho2

Kotei sat/lah today.

Koushi
08-26-2021, 03:54 PM
Thank you gassho1

Gassho,
Koushi
STLaH

Bion
08-26-2021, 04:01 PM
[emoji2309] [emoji2309]

I forget every day and every day I remember to keep trying!

[emoji1374] SatToday

Anchi
08-26-2021, 04:15 PM
gassho2

Suuko
08-26-2021, 04:21 PM
Hi Jundo,

Is Dogen also trying to say that escaping Dukhha isn't possible? This is why we keep practising. Everytime, I think everything is fine, something just blows in my face. With practice, I think we welcome the hardships with grace more.

Gassho,
Sat today,
Guish.

Sent from my PAR-LX1M using Tapatalk

Kiri
08-26-2021, 04:41 PM
Gassho [emoji120]
Nikolas
Sat/Lah

aprapti
08-26-2021, 05:01 PM
gassho1 gassho1 gassho1 gassho1 gassho1 gassho1

(and three more..)

aprapti

sat

Tairin
08-26-2021, 10:37 PM
gassho2

Tairin
Sat today and lah

Jundo
08-27-2021, 01:21 AM
Hi Jundo,

Is Dogen also trying to say that escaping Dukhha isn't possible? This is why we keep practising. Everytime, I think everything is fine, something just blows in my face. With practice, I think we welcome the hardships with grace more.

Gassho,
Sat today,
Guish.

Sent from my PAR-LX1M using Tapatalk

Dogen was not an either/or fellow, so one might say that TOTAL ESCAPE from Suffering is possible right here and now in this life, and yet we never escape the ups and downs of this life. It might be called "escape without escape" ... realizing something beyond ups and downs, sickness and health, birth and death, gain and loss EVEN AS one continues to live in a world of ups and downs, sickness and health, birth and death, gain and loss. For example, there is gain and loss, and we smile and cry in this life AND ALSO know a certain freedom, beauty and balance to the universe that is beyond gain and loss, birth and death etc., yet right at the heart of gain and loss, birth and death. For folks like Dogen, Emptiness pours in and out of all the beauty and ugliness of this world.

I spoke about this a bit in what I wrote last week ...

Hi-shiryo 非思量
https://www.treeleaf.org/forums/showthread.php?18988-Hi-shiryo-%E9%9D%9E%E6%80%9D%E9%87%8F

Dogen also spoke of manifesting the poise and grace of a Buddha in our acts, words and thoughts ... yet the very next moment during this life, we can foolishly fall again into greed, anger and ignorance in our acts, words and thoughts.

Gassho, J
StLah
Sorry to run long

Tai Shi
08-27-2021, 02:39 AM
I tho[emoji120]ught my ducks were in a row lol now my brain and heart are haywire lol Dogen is right. Somehow something always happens
Gassho
sat lah

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Tai Shi
08-27-2021, 04:16 AM
Dogen I know where the fish and the birds go. They go to find one another and compassion. They finally finally find compassion and each other.
sat/ lah

Tosei
08-27-2021, 04:42 AM
Gassho gassho gassho

((st))

Risho
08-30-2021, 04:15 PM
I tho[emoji120]ught my ducks were in a row lol now my brain and heart are haywire lol Dogen is right. Somehow something always happens
Gassho
sat lah

You are not alone. [morehappy]

Gassho

Risho
-stlah

Tai Shi
08-30-2021, 04:17 PM
Risho, my actual friend, we are more alive and alike lol thank goodness [emoji120]Gassho
sat/ lah

Risho
08-30-2021, 09:30 PM
I think we are are. hahaha

Rousei
08-30-2021, 11:42 PM
Much of what I read in Zen seems focused on addressing our entire experience. Both in a manner of helping us see through our gained beliefs (what is good or bad, what is this or that etc.) and also at the same time helping us live our daily lives as beings surrounded by beings in a way that is conducive to the first way (The precepts, the 8 fold path etc.).

This is very confusing to read as unenlightened beings (maybe it's also confusing for enlightened beings but they're able to see through it?). Do A but also do B! A is A but also it's not really A!.

All we can do is sit, sit and trust.

Gassho
Mark
ST

Bion
08-30-2021, 11:53 PM
Much of what I read in Zen seems focused on addressing our entire experience. Both in a manner of helping us see through our gained beliefs (what is good or bad, what is this or that etc.) and also at the same time helping us live our daily lives as beings surrounded by beings in a way that is conducive to the first way (The precepts, the 8 fold path etc.).

This is very confusing to read as unenlightened beings (maybe it's also confusing for enlightened beings but they're able to see through it?). Do A but also do B! A is A but also it's not really A!.

All we can do is sit, sit and trust.

Gassho
Mark
ST

Just consider the fact that Enlightenment is never not ours. We are mostly blind to our enlightened nature, but that does not change the underlying truth. Beyond added emotional or moral values, every action, every decision and occurrence is completely and perfectly what it is, unchangeable, with nothing lacking and nothing to be added, stemming directly from buddha.

[emoji1374] SatToday

Hoseki
08-31-2021, 04:03 PM
There is NO MISTAKE POSSIBLE in the universe, no place to fall, leaping through center vs. outside, no self to do the falling.

AND YET, AND YET, as Dogen said (sometimes misquoted by mistake) "the principle of the way [is that we must] make one mistake after another." He also said (if I am not mistaken), "Stepping forward is a mistake; stepping backward is also a mistake, taking one step is a mistake, taking two steps is also a mistake; therefore one mistake after another mistake."

Mistakes beyond mistakes, falling yet no place to fall, self and no, forward-and-back yet no forward or back. All reality and all sentient beings are ALREADY ENLIGHTENED being, already Buddha with no unenlightened action possible, no place to stumble, no greed or anger or division possible in such whole ...

... AND YET few of us are enlightened to such fact, and often, in our greed, anger and divided thinking, we forget to act in very enlightened ways as a Buddha might act.

Please make no mistake about this TRUTH! :buddha:

Gassho, J
STLAH
Sorry to run long by mistake.

Hi Jundo,

This morning in the car I was thinking about a question my brother asked me a number of years ago. Do you want to be the sugar or taste the sugar? I think Dogen would say it's both. We are the sugar, enlightened beings, but with right effort we can taste the sugar as well.

Does get at the idea?

Gassho,

Hoseki

my apologies for the length.

Jundo
09-01-2021, 02:06 AM
Hi Jundo,

This morning in the car I was thinking about a question my brother asked me a number of years ago. Do you want to be the sugar or taste the sugar? I think Dogen would say it's both. We are the sugar, enlightened beings, but with right effort we can taste the sugar as well.

Does get at the idea?

Gassho,

Hoseki

my apologies for the length.

While thinking about that, just don't crash into the car in front of you by mistake! :p

Yes, there is a certain Sweetness to the universe, even as the human tongue knows its very human sweet and oh so bitter!

Gassho, J

STLah

Hoseki
09-02-2021, 12:28 PM
Gassho

Hoseki
sattoday