PDA

View Full Version : Posting Draft Auto-save Question

Seiko
08-22-2021, 10:19 AM
Does this forum save unfinished/unsent posts in a clipboard that an individual can retrieve if their internet connection is lost before saving/posting?

Bows

Seiko
stlah

Jundo
08-22-2021, 11:13 AM
Sometimes, in the regular posting box or if one goes to "Go Advanced" when composing (lower right of posting), you will see a "restore auto-saved content" tab on the lower left of the box. It does not always work if the auto-save did not happen.

PS - Hope it is okay, but I will move this thread to the Tech FAQ in a bit.

Gassho, J

STLah

Kaishin
08-22-2021, 04:01 PM
If I'm writing a longer post, I will do so in a separate text editor (word, notepad, whatever), saving it frequently. Then when ready, copy/pasting it to the forum editor for publishing. Has saved me more than once!

Seiko
08-22-2021, 08:57 PM
Sometimes, in the regular posting box or if one goes to "Go Advanced" when composing (lower right of posting), you will see a "restore auto-saved content" tab on the lower left of the box. It does not always work if the auto-save did not happen.

PS - Hope it is okay, but I will move this thread to the Tech FAQ in a bit.

Gassho, J

STLah

Thank you

Seiko
08-22-2021, 08:58 PM
If I'm writing a longer post, I will do so in a separate text editor (word, notepad, whatever), saving it frequently. Then when ready, copy/pasting it to the forum editor for publishing. Has saved me more than once!

Thank you

Sekishi
08-24-2021, 12:55 AM

I'm with Kaishin on this one. I maintain a text file called "Clippings" that I compose nearly everything in (not that I necessarily suggest quite that level of "belt and suspenders" approach, but being a technologist, I have a deep distrust of technology!).

Anyhow, as Jundo says, the "restore auto-saved content" often seems to work (particularly for longer posts), and I think might be something similar in Tapatalk too.

Gassho,
Sekishi
#sat #lah

Meian
08-28-2021, 01:37 PM
In agreement with all advice here, and I "select all/copy" as I go when I don't feel like saving posts or messages (i get logged out when I write messages too).

I generally don't lose internet connection, but my thought processing usually takes me longer to write posts and messages, so the system logs me out and I have to start over again. So I "select all/copy" or "what everyone else said" and my tedious efforts to communicate here is not lost. :)

gassho, meian st lh