PDA

View Full Version : Treeleaf’s 15 Year Anniversary and Celebration!

Shoka
04-13-2021, 11:24 PM
On April 4th, 2006 Jundo officially started Treeleaf’s forum becoming the first registered user. It took a few months for the place to get rolling, but those first steps are what made Treeleaf what it is today. The ideal was bouncing around for a couple years beforehand, Treeleaf.org was first registered on December 14th, 2003. But a few years ago we decided to celebrate based on Jundo’s join date (or thereabouts). Which means 2021 marks 15 years!

For the next 45(ish) days we will be celebrating Treeleaf’s 15 years. Each day there will be a celebration post which either showcases a “Greatest Hit”, a spotlight on those who keep this place running or encourages our practice beyond ourselves.

To cap off the celebration we will be holding an Anniversary Retreat the weekend of May 29th. Details regarding the exact schedule will be announced in a couple weeks.

But mark you calendars and join us to celebrate the best way we know through practice.

Gassho,
Shoka

Doshin
04-13-2021, 11:38 PM
gassho2

Jundo “online’ was a pioneer of what has become abundant this past year.

Thank you Jundo for demonstrating how the Dharma could be brought to so many.

Doshin
St

Naiko
04-14-2021, 01:24 AM
gassho2

Doshin
St
This says it all. Thank you.
Gassho,
Naiko
st

ajhayes
04-14-2021, 01:55 AM
Thank you for sharing this space everyone.

And thank you Jundo for being a great teacher.

Gassho,
Adam

Sat today

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Ryan-S
04-14-2021, 01:55 AM
gassho2

Doshin
StWell said! Thank you, Jundo. So happy to have found such a wonderful place [emoji120]

Gassho,

Ryan
SatToday

Tosei
04-14-2021, 02:18 AM
A place of respite and work then, a place of respite and work now. Maybe even more important now. Let’s celebrate our first member, and our most recent.

Gassho.

Tōsei (although now heading south and just a little west)

Sat

Risho
04-14-2021, 02:55 AM
This is awesome! Jundo was ahead of his time

gassho

risho

mateus.baldin
04-14-2021, 03:26 AM
Thank you very much, Jundo.
You changed our lives forever.
Gassho,
Mateus
Sat/LAH

Nikos
04-14-2021, 05:50 AM
Treeleaf is my spiritual home for two years now, so this place and ALL of you guys are really spcecial to me. Thank you Jundo, and thank you everyone!
Gassho, Nikolas
Sat/Lah

Inshin
04-14-2021, 06:00 AM
Without this space, all of you and Jundo's encouragement my practice wouldn't happen.

Deep bows.
Gassho.
Sat

Tomás Sard
04-14-2021, 06:16 AM
15 years. That is more than half of my age. I bow to Jundo's innovative spirit, determination and kindness. I bow to the Sangha that makes all of this possible.

Gassho, Tomás
Sat&LaH

Seishin
04-14-2021, 06:21 AM
Thank you, if it was not for Treeleaf and its global accessibility, I would not be practising. [monk]

Sat

Tairin
04-14-2021, 12:51 PM
Without question the TreeLeaf Sangha is an important part of my practice. Thank you and congratulations to Jundo for the vision to create TreeLeaf and to all the members who make this place special.

gassho2
Tairin
Sat today and lah

aprapti
04-14-2021, 12:56 PM
Thank you all, members and of course Jundo, for being this very important part of the sangha i twice a day go to for refuge..
nine bows all of you!

gassho2

aprapti

sat with Bion

Ryumon
04-14-2021, 01:09 PM
As the oldest active Treeleaf member - other than Don Jundo - I'm quite amazed at how much time has passed.

Though, to be fair, the forum really started in 2007; if you look at the member list, there were only two members in 2006, and then membership started in late March and early April 2007. And growth was really slow back then.

This post from April 11, 2007 seems to be the introduction from Jundo to the forum.

https://www.treeleaf.org/forums/showthread.php?4879-Hi-from-Jundo-%28and-Apologies%29

Jundo said at the time:

Also, remember that life does not always go the way we may wish, but we always go the way life goes.

It's worth pointing out that when I look at my posts from my profile, I don't see anything prior to September 2014. Have older posts been lost, or are they not visible from member's profiles?

UPDATE: It looks like they're just not visible from members profiles; I found this looking in the archive of older threads:

https://www.treeleaf.org/forums/showthread.php?4891-Toddler-runs-on-monk-sand-design

Gassho,

Ryūmon

sat

Doshin
04-14-2021, 01:25 PM
Ryumon...I looked at your profile photo from 2007 and the one from today and you have not aged a day. I want your secret :encouragement:

Doshin
St

Kevin M
04-14-2021, 01:47 PM
I'm very glad I found Treeleaf. Thank you Jundo, the priests, everyone behind the scenes, and the many engaged members of the sangha who keep the fire going.

Gassho,
Kevin
ST

Ryumon
04-14-2021, 02:38 PM
Ryumon...I looked at your profile photo from 2007 and the one from today and you have not aged a day. I want your secret :encouragement:

Doshin
St

It's actually a photo I took in 2013; once you change the photo, it shows on all posts, no matter how old. Same with the name: old posts don't show my original forum name, kirkmc.

Gassho,

Ryūmon

sat

Risho
04-14-2021, 03:30 PM
Ryumon, I feel as the long-timiest member I feel it is your duty to post bread recipes hahaha

gassho

rish
-stlah

Doshin
04-14-2021, 04:08 PM
Ryumon, I know. My attempt at humor:)

Doshin
St

Dick
04-14-2021, 09:35 PM
Thank you. Jundo!

Margherita
04-14-2021, 09:39 PM
That's great! Thank you Jundo, thank you to all people that keep this place running smoothly!
Let's celebrate!

Gassho,
Mags ST