PDA

View Full Version : Forum Restoration

Sekishi
04-12-2021, 07:49 PM
Hi everyone,

There was a database issue this morning that lead to a loss of some member accounts. We noticed it initially for older accounts, but it may have impacted other accounts as well.

Out of an abundance of caution, I made the decision to simply restore the entire forum from our last automated daily backup. This means that all threads, replies, and PMs sent between approximately 8:30am EDT and 3:30pm EDT today have been lost.

Before restoring from backup, I did snag a copy of all the threads under "New Posts" updated after midnight last night (just doing a simple "File > Save" of the thread in my browser). So if you posted a long or difficult reply and you do not want to re-type it, please send me a PM and I'll send you a copy! gassho1

My apologies for the disruption.

Deep bows,
Sekishi
#sat #lah

Ryumon
04-12-2021, 08:08 PM
That must be why I couldn't log in for a while. I have one of the oldest accounts on the forum.

Thank you for saving me.

Gassho,

Ryūmon

sat

Sekishi
04-12-2021, 08:15 PM
That must be why I couldn't log in for a while. I have one of the oldest accounts on the forum.

Thank you for saving me.

You were our "canary in the coalmine" Kirk! The loss of your account is what tipped us off that something was wrong. gassho1

Gassho,
Sekishi
#sat #lah

Ryumon
04-12-2021, 08:20 PM
!!!

Gassho,

Ryūmon

sat

Jundo
04-12-2021, 08:39 PM
I describe Sekishi this way: Always taking care of care of wounded animals, stray kids, aged family and our forum. ��

That pretty much sums him up!

There is also another fellow to thank, behind the scenes, down in the engine room: Seimyo. He does not stick his head up on deck very often, but he is down in the boilers, and is the fellow that Sekishi turns too when HE has got a question! [gassholook]

Gassho, Jundo

STLah

Byokan
04-12-2021, 08:41 PM
Wow, great work Sekishi, Grand Wizard Guru of All Things Technical. And Shoka too! Thanks for saving us (again)! gassho1

Zen koan:
The nun Byokan went to Master Sekishi and asked, "Where did my words go when the morning wind carried them away?"
Sekishi replied, "I have restored your words as they were, and Ryumons face as well!"
Byokan answered, "ah, but are they still my words? Is it really Ryumons face?"
Sekishi said, "look, donuts!" and rang the big bell.
gassho2

Gassho
Byokan
sat + lah

Sekishi
04-12-2021, 08:42 PM
There is also another fellow to thank, behind the scenes, down in the engine room: Seimyo. He does not stick his head up on deck very often, but he is down in the boilers, and is the fellow that Sekishi turns too when HE has got a question! [gassholook]

Yes. He is the true GOAT when it comes to vBulletin. When I'm in over my head he throws me a lifejacket!

Deep bows,
Sekishi
#sat #lah

Sekishi
04-12-2021, 08:43 PM

And they were true painted rice cakes. I mean donuts. [drool]

Gassho,
Sekishi
#sat #lah

Jakuden
04-12-2021, 08:44 PM
Wow, great work Sekishi, Grand Wizard Guru of All Things Technical. And Shoka too! Thanks for saving us (again)! gassho1

Zen koan:
The nun Byokan went to Master Sekishi and asked, "Where did my words go when the morning wind carried them away?"
Sekishi replied, "I have restored your words as they were, and Ryumons face as well!"
gassho2

Gassho
Byokan
sat + lah

[emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

aprapti
04-12-2021, 09:27 PM

Zen koan:
gassho2

[claps]

aprapti

Koushi
04-12-2021, 09:31 PM

Zen koan:
gassho2

Gassho
Byokan
sat + lah

[claps]gassho2

Sekishi
04-12-2021, 10:02 PM
And Shoka too! Thanks for saving us (again)! gassho1

Yes.

Deep bows to all.

Sekishi
#sat #lah

Risho
04-12-2021, 10:03 PM
Thank you all!

gassho

rish

JimInBC
04-13-2021, 12:02 AM
Thank you all!

Gassho, Jim
ST/LaH

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk

Jundo
04-13-2021, 01:29 AM
Thanks to Shoka too, who was running around behind the scenes chasing the escaped chickens of missing posts. gassho1

Gassho, J

STLah

Shokai
04-13-2021, 01:48 AM
Thank you techies, well done [claps]

gassho, Shokai

Seishin
04-13-2021, 08:08 AM
Metta to all those who work in the realm of IT and its associated practices and especially Sekishi. After 38 years on the front line dealing with this kind of thing day in day out (mainly organising others to sort the mess out I should add, for around the last 25 of those years) my admiration goes out to those who analyse, diagnose and fix.

IT - The Ultimate Impermanence.[monk]

sat

Ryumon
04-13-2021, 08:29 AM
I admire anyone who can wrangle vBulletin. I had some experience with it for a few years, and it was full of samsara.

Gassho,

Ryūmon

sat

Tai Shi
04-13-2021, 11:18 AM
Dear Sekishi, old friend. I made my spell checker understand a few names in Japanese as my first correction of my dictionary. Yours was one of those names, and for me those posts are better gone. You are still my friend, and I learned so much about Buddhism, Zen, and our Sangha at our meetings when I first came into this Sangha. I also learned about Star Trek. lol.
Gassho
sat/ lah
Tai Shi

Kyonin
04-18-2021, 11:33 AM
I admire anyone who can wrangle vBulletin. I had some experience with it for a few years, and it was full of samsara.

Gassho,

Ryūmon

sat

Indeed! Any forum platform is a hellish labyrinth, but Sekishi is really a tech bodhisattva!

Thanks, Sekishi!

Gassho,

Kyonin
Sat/LAH