PDA

View Full Version : A Treeleaf Music Hall Collaboration

Bion
03-23-2021, 11:28 AM
Hello friends.

This one we´re excited about. By WE, I mean fellow Treeleafer Tairin (https://www.treeleaf.org/forums/member.php?15351-Tairin) and myself.
Back in January when we started this little Music Hall experiment, Tairin posted this :

Music is a huge part of my life. I’ve been involved since my mid teens playing in local bands and playing for myself. Always original music (I never had much interest in playing covers). I am primarily a guitarist although I have dabbled with other instruments.

I don’t really like trying to describe my music because inevitably categorizations are limiting but the music is primarily instrumental and ambient. I am mostly self taught. I am a member of SOCAN with somewhere around 120 registered works.

Here is video of a live performance a few years ago with my friend Mark. I am standing just off camera to the left (you’ll catch a few glimpses of me). We are playing to a huge audience of about 25 people. :)

https://youtu.be/ci5WolU3wr4

We haven’t been able to do much since COVID so back in the Spring I decided to do some solo recordings of my own material and post it. It is just my guitar, a looper and a microphone stuck in front of an amp. Here’s a sample of that

https://awarrenpratten.bandcamp.com/track/for-g.

Yes Bandcamp is a commercial site but I make my music freely available for personal use and enjoyment.

Anyways like I said music is a huge part of my life. I don’t specifically try to make “Zen music” but I see my music and spirituality being tightly intertwined. Looking forward to seeing where the Treeleaf Music Hall goes (great name by the way :encouragement: )

gassho2
Tairin
Sat today and lah

(My apologies for all the sentences. It is impossible to limit myself to 3 sentences here)

Checking out Tairin´s Bandcamp I came across a guitar piece called ¨For G (https://awarrenpratten.bandcamp.com/track/for-g)¨, which I fell in love with. I wrote Tairin privately telling him I felt I could write lyrics and melody to that track and asked if he was interested in maybe giving it a go with me. He was kind enough to say yes, which I am now very grateful for, and we started a little adventure of creating something together.

Exactly two months now from that moment, we´d like to share with you the result of that process. We hope you enjoy the song we created and that you feel inspired to reach out to other fellow creators on Treeleaf and maybe come up with a project of your own.

¨For G (I Am Home)¨ comes in two versions, the original format, just guitar and vocals (which by the way Tairin prefers), and a pop version that has a more elaborate and let´s say contemporary production behind. ( yep, my favorite version [emoji1] ). Just click on the titles below and you can listen. We would like to kindly ask you though, not to share the links with anyone outside of Treeleaf for now.

[headphones] For G (I Am Home) Pop Mix (http://www.therecordmaka.com/iamhome/)

[headphones] For G (I Am Home) (http://www.therecordmaka.com/iamhome2/)

I HAD to go over 3 sentences here, so please excuse me for that! [emoji1374]

[emoji1374] SatToday lah

Tairin
03-23-2021, 12:27 PM
Thank you Bion. I’ve really enjoyed collaborating on this song with you. I am very happy with how they’ve turned out.

You’ll be pleased to know that my wife has been singing along to the song on the stereo. :)

gassho2
Tairin
Sat today and lah

Jundo
03-23-2021, 12:43 PM
:D gassho2

Jundo
03-23-2021, 12:50 PM
Is that Jake on vocals? A very warm voice.

Gassho, J

STLah

Tairin
03-23-2021, 12:57 PM

Gassho, J

STLah

Yes it is. He has a great voice.

gassho2
Tairin

Bion
03-23-2021, 01:05 PM

Gassho, J

STLah

Thank you!! [emoji1]

[emoji1374] SatToday

Horin
03-23-2021, 01:05 PM
Wow, I like that! Congratulations to you Song, it's great.

Gassho,
Horin
Stlah

Enviado desde mi BLA-L29 mediante Tapatalk

Bion
03-23-2021, 01:07 PM
Wow, I like that! Congratulations to you Song, it's great.

Gassho,
Horin
Stlah

Enviado desde mi BLA-L29 mediante Tapatalk

My friend!!!! Danke schön [emoji1]

[emoji1374] SatToday

Seishin
03-23-2021, 06:27 PM
Wow guys that was beautiful ! Tairin's original track really moved me but Jake your vox and that melody line really takes it all to another level. I have deliberately not listened to the pop version yet, as I am 30 minutes away from my first Open Mic and first time playing in public albeit via Zoom. That was inspirational.

Deep bows to you both.

Gassho

Sat

Koushi
03-23-2021, 06:52 PM
I loved both versions, this was wonderfully made and I'm so impressed by you both! The lyrics and melody elicit such calming nostalgic vibes that I've been lost in it for an hour now :)

Thank you both for your work and sharing,

Gassho,
Koushi
STLaH

Kokuu
03-23-2021, 07:29 PM
Great work, both of you, and lovely to hear this first Treeleaf Music Hall collaboration. I hope it will be the first of many!

Gassho
Kokuu
-sattoday/lah-

Bion
03-23-2021, 07:38 PM
Wow guys that was beautiful ! Tairin's original track really moved me but Jake your vox and that melody line really takes it all to another level. I have deliberately not listened to the pop version yet, as I am 30 minutes away from my first Open Mic and first time playing in public albeit via Zoom. That was inspirational.

Deep bows to you both.

Gassho

Sat

Thank you so very much!!!
Hope your open mic went great. Let us know!! [emoji3526]

[emoji1374] SatToday

Tairin
03-23-2021, 07:54 PM

Deep bows to you both.

Gassho

Sat

First performance!!! That’s exciting. I hope it goes well Seishin.

Thank you for your comments.

gassho2
Tairin
Sat today and lah

Bion
03-23-2021, 08:06 PM
Great work, both of you, and lovely to hear this first Treeleaf Music Hall collaboration. I hope it will be the first of many!

Gassho
Kokuu
-sattoday/lah-

Thanks Kokuu [emoji3526] I told you weeks ago how excited I was about this. Happy you like it!

[emoji1374] SatToday

Naiko
03-23-2021, 11:12 PM
Beautiful, so beautiful (both versions).
Gassho,
Naiko
stlah

Kotei
03-24-2021, 08:47 AM
:encouragement:
Gassho,
Kotei sat/lah today.

Soka
03-24-2021, 01:01 PM
Really nice :)

Gassho,
Phill /Sōka
sat

Shinshi
03-24-2021, 06:13 PM
Fantastic stuff there. Really nice job!!

Gassho, Shinshi

SaT-LaH

Kevin M
03-25-2021, 02:48 AM
Beautiful song, thank you both

Gassho
Kevin
ST

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Jinyo
04-30-2021, 08:29 PM
How lovely to come back to Tree Leaf after some very difficult months and find this song ( was also working on some lyrics months ago).
I love the vocals/guitar version for its simplicity.
You have a great voice Jake!

Thank you - made my day.

Gassho

Jinyo

Bion
05-01-2021, 02:12 PM
How lovely to come back to Tree Leaf after some very difficult months and find this song ( was also working on some lyrics months ago).
I love the vocals/guitar version for its simplicity.
You have a great voice Jake!

Thank you - made my day.

Gassho

Jinyo

Thank you and I am happy if it brought you a bit of joy. I’ve thought about you a lot because of this song, ever since you posted the lyrics you wrote, because we seemed to tap into the same emotions that guitar melody was putting out.
I hope everything got easier now Jinyo!

[emoji1374] SatToday

Onrin
05-23-2021, 11:55 AM
Thank you for that. Solid songwriting, production and playing. I appreciate the space left in too, tasty!

Tairin
05-23-2021, 01:00 PM
Thank you for that. Solid songwriting, production and playing. I appreciate the space left in too, tasty!

I am glad you liked it Kuisu. My original track did leave a lot of space which is likely why Bion picked up on is to write lyrics and sing on.

Thanks for listening

gassho2
Tairin
Sat today and lah

Gareth
06-02-2021, 01:03 AM
Very nice!

Gassho,
Gareth

Sat today

Bion
06-02-2021, 08:54 AM