PDA

View Full Version : Often Asked - Access Treeleaf via Tapatalk After Name Change

Sekishi
01-19-2021, 01:24 AM
After a name change (such as Jukai), some members have reported permission errors when using Tapatalk. If you follow these steps, it should fix the issue:

Open Tapatalk
Tap: Me (icon - bottom right) => My Groups => Treeleaf Zendo
Tap: Menu (three lines icon - top right) => Switch Account
Enter NEW forum username and old password

Gassho,
Sekishi
#sat #lah

Meian
01-19-2021, 03:52 AM
Tapatalk is reporting network issues at the moment. I can't log on either, and nothing has changed for me.

I'm a beta tester for the app, so I will report the issue to the developer, as I've done before.

My issue may be different, however.

Gassho, meian
Has needed to rest

Ryumon
01-19-2021, 09:16 AM
I notice the forum isn't asking me to re-log in since the name change. Does the forum software allow you to store multiple names for a user, or will a cookie eventually expire requiring a new login? (I haven't tried logging out to see what happens yet...)

Gassho,

Kirk

sat

Kaisho
01-20-2021, 06:39 AM
Thank you for this. I was struggling.

Gassho

Kaisho
Sat

Kotei
01-20-2021, 08:04 AM
Out of curiosity, I looked at what is stored in the cookie.
There is the numeric userid, not the username.
So next time, your cookie expires or you re-login, you'd have to use the new name.
Gassho,
Kotei sat/lah today.

I notice the forum isn't asking me to re-log in since the name change. Does the forum software allow you to store multiple names for a user, or will a cookie eventually expire requiring a new login? (I haven't tried logging out to see what happens yet...)

Gassho,

Kirk

sat

Sekishi
01-20-2021, 07:49 PM
Out of curiosity, I looked at what is stored in the cookie.
There is the numeric userid, not the username.
So next time, your cookie expires or you re-login, you'd have to use the new name.

What Kotei said. [happy]

Gassho,
Sekishi

Kenku
01-20-2021, 09:36 PM
How do you change your name on Treeleaf?

gassho2

Kenkū.

Sat today & lah.