PDA

View Full Version : January 15th-16th Treeleaf Weekly Zazenkai

Jundo
01-15-2021, 11:24 AM
Dear All,

Please sit our Treeleaf Zazenkai for 90 minutes with Zazen, Heart Sutra and more:

10am Japan Saturday morning, NY 8pm, LA 5pm Friday night, London 1am and Paris 2am Saturday morning, or any time thereafter here:

https://youtu.be/ZS6Okwy7rqo

However, "one way" live sitters are encouraged to come into the Zoom sitting, and just leave the camera and microphone turned off: Join live (with or without a camera & microphone) on Zoom at: TREELEAF Now (https://www.treeleaf.org/now/go.php?l=ssr) OR at DIRECT ZOOM LINK (https://zoom.us/j/4834831244), password (if needed): dogen

00:00 – 00:15 CEREMONY (HEART SUTRA in English) and Dedication
00:15 – 00:45 ZAZEN
00:45 – 00:55 KINHIN
00:55 – 01:25 ZAZEN
01:25 – 01:30 VERSE OF ATONEMENT & FOUR VOWS
01:30 - 01:45(?) Informal Tea Time (All Welcome)

Gassho, Jundo

SatTodayLah

PS - There is no "wrong" or "right" in Zazen ... yet here is a little explanation of the "right" times to Bow (A Koan) ...

https://youtu.be/GR6POpsXh9Q

Chant Book is here for those who wish to join in: CHANT BOOK LINK (https://www.treeleaf.org/forums/showthread.php?7032-Chant-Book-For-Weekly-and-Monthly-Zazenkai)

The other video I mention on Zendo decorum is this one, from our "Always Beginners" video Series:

Sit-a-Long with Jundo: Zazen for Beginners (12) - Basic Zendo Decorum At Home
https://www.treeleaf.org/forums/showthread.php?14884-Sit-a-Long-with-Jundo-Zazen-for-Beginners-%2812%29&p=189093#post189093

Kyonin
01-15-2021, 05:40 PM
I'll be there with instruments ready! :)

Gassho,

Kyonin
Sat/LAH

Sekishi
01-16-2021, 12:26 AM
See you all soon!

Gassho,
Sekishi
#sat #lah

Onkai
01-16-2021, 02:52 AM
Thank you, Jundo, Kyonin, and everyone for the zazenkai and tea time. It was wonderful as always.

Gassho,
Onkai
Sat/lah

Yokai
01-16-2021, 02:54 AM
Thanks Jundo, Kyonin and all for sharing zazenkai gassho1 and an amusing tea-time chat! [morehappy]

Always great to join you

Gassho, Chris satlah

p.s. Was the tape running or same talk next week? [morehappy]

Sekiyuu
01-16-2021, 03:29 AM
Thanks everyone for sitting!

gassho2
Kenny
Sat Today

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Seikan
01-16-2021, 03:31 AM
Thank you all for another wonderful Zazenkai! gassho1

Jundo, your talk opened my eyes to the greatest truth of them all, "Slippers are Zazen, and Zazen is slippers!" What more needs to be said? ;)

Gassho,
Rob

-stlah-

Shade
01-16-2021, 05:08 AM
Great sit everyone!

Gassho,

Shade

ST

Heiso
01-16-2021, 09:12 AM
Thank you everyone, I've started sitting this one way in instalments.

Gassho

heiso.

StLah

Sent from my RMX2001 using Tapatalk

Jundo
01-16-2021, 09:24 AM
Is anybody else getting this error when they try to open the video embedded (not only here, I have gotten it with youtube embeds on other sites)? Or is it just my computer? Thank you

An error occurred. Please try again later. (Playback ID: 8zsGFr0sVttaImWI)
Learn More

Gassho, Jundo

STLah

Seishin
01-16-2021, 09:40 AM
Thank you everyone, was good hearing this again and picking up on the bits I missed last week. [morehappy]

Sat

Seishin
01-16-2021, 09:41 AM
Is anybody else getting this error when they try to open the video embedded (not only here, I have gotten it with youtube embeds on other sites)? Or is it just my computer? Thank you

An error occurred. Please try again later. (Playback ID: 8zsGFr0sVttaImWI)
Learn More

Gassho, Jundo

STLah

Jundo

Just played on demand via Treeleaf site and no errors. Part one about 3 hours ago and Part 2 just now. Time to reboot at your end ?

Sat

Seishin
01-16-2021, 09:43 AM
Just a thought have you stopped and restarted your browser ? Could be a cache issue. Might be worth doing that before rebooting the PC.

Sat

Heiso
01-16-2021, 10:00 AM
I played it through the treeleaf site too and it was fine for me.

Gassho

heiso.

StLah

Kotei
01-16-2021, 10:38 AM
Thank you everyone.
The embedded playback worked fine for me.

In a different tradition, most likely unrelated to Buddhism, we were also turning and walking only clockwise.
The explanation was that this is the way, the sun appears to move.
A symbol for the enlightenment of the world and a reminder for the passing time and importance of experiencing the moment.

Gassho,
Kotei sat/lah today.

Heiso
01-16-2021, 10:51 AM
Thank you everyone.
The embedded playback worked fine for me.

In a different tradition, most likely unrelated to Buddhism, we were also turning and walking only clockwise.
The explanation was that this is the way, the sun appears to move.
A symbol for the enlightenment of the world and a reminder for the passing time and importance of experiencing the moment.

Gassho,
Kotei sat/lah today.Circumambulating the lodge?

Gassho,

heiso.

StLah

Jundo
01-16-2021, 01:02 PM
Just a thought have you stopped and restarted your browser ? Could be a cache issue. Might be worth doing that before rebooting the PC.

Sat

Yes, that fixed it! :encouragement:

Tairin
01-16-2021, 04:10 PM
Thank you everyone. I sat with you this morning.

Good talk Jundo. Definitely worth repeating.

gassho2
Tairin
Sat today and lah

Franz
01-17-2021, 09:19 AM
Thanks to all, sat in replay yesterday evening.
Gassho 🙏
Sat, Franz

jefftos
01-17-2021, 05:09 PM
Thank you, sat virtually yesterday.
Gassho

Jeffrey

Sat today

Bokugan
01-17-2021, 08:31 PM
Thank you so much Jundo, Kyonin and everyone! gassho2

In reference to doing a small gassho when someone adjacent to you gasshos to their zafu in preparation to sit -- is this something that translates to the Free Sitting Room?

It might be that others are already doing this but I currently just continue sitting and not move when I hear the chime indicate someone has joined. I do appreciate hearing others join -- it's wonderful to get to sit with others "live" (and on top of that it oftentimes pulls me back from a wandering thought).

Anyway, just curious if this might be another detail I missed that I should work on incorporating. :)

Thanks! (sorry for running a bit long here)

Gassho,

Ryan S.
Sat Today

Shoki
01-18-2021, 01:28 AM
Thank you to all. Sat this zazenkai this morning.

Gassho
STlah
Shoki

Jundo
01-18-2021, 04:16 AM
Thank you, sat virtually yesterday.
Gassho

Jeffrey

Sat today

We say that sitting is as real as real can be, Sangha is as real as real can be ... but our day to day perception of what we take to be the "reality" of this life and world is what is virtual. :):buddha:

Gassho, J

STLah

Jundo
01-18-2021, 04:18 AM
Thank you so much Jundo, Kyonin and everyone! gassho2

In reference to doing a small gassho when someone adjacent to you gasshos to their zafu in preparation to sit -- is this something that translates to the Free Sitting Room?

It might be that others are already doing this but I currently just continue sitting and not move when I hear the chime indicate someone has joined. I do appreciate hearing others join -- it's wonderful to get to sit with others "live" (and on top of that it oftentimes pulls me back from a wandering thought).

Anyway, just curious if this might be another detail I missed that I should work on incorporating. :)

Thanks! (sorry for running a bit long here)

Gassho,

Ryan S.
Sat Today

I would just continue sitting as others come in and out. In fact, I would not even seek to notice the comings and goings of the others.

Gassho, J

STLah

Bokugan
01-18-2021, 12:59 PM
I would just continue sitting as others come in and out. In fact, I would not even seek to notice the comings and goings of the others.

Gassho, J

STLahThank you, Jundo. That makes sense -- it could be quite distracting if there was a lot of traffic!

Gassho,

Ryan
Sat Today

jefftos
01-18-2021, 06:24 PM
Thank you Jundo, I'll keep that in mind.

Gassho,

Jeffrey

Sat Today

Jundo
01-19-2021, 12:51 AM
Thank you, Jundo. That makes sense -- it could be quite distracting if there was a lot of traffic!

Gassho,

Ryan
Sat Today

In fact, in a bricks and mortar group or monastery, the bowing to one's neighbor would occur BEFORE the bell rings for the start of Zazen, because nobody comes in to sit (or should not) after the bell rings to start. Thus, you would not bow to your neighbor during Zazen, only before the start of sitting. Of course, our free sitting space is different, with people coming and going freely, but you still should not bow and interrupt Zazen to do so.

Gassho, J

STLah

Kiri
01-19-2021, 01:17 PM
Thank you everyone! Late sit for me this week.
Nikolas gassho1
Sat/Lah

Kokuu
01-21-2021, 05:15 PM
Thank you all for sitting.

Gassho
Kokuu