PDA

View Full Version : January 8th-9th Treeleaf Weekly Zazenkai

Jundo
01-08-2021, 04:27 AM
Dear All,

Please sit our Treeleaf Zazenkai for 90 minutes with Zazen, Heart Sutra and more:

10am Japan Saturday morning, NY 8pm, LA 5pm Friday night, London 1am and Paris 2am Saturday morning, or any time thereafter here:

https://youtu.be/P0_MhCJCnE4

However, "one way" live sitters are encouraged to come into the Zoom sitting, and just leave the camera and microphone turned off: Join live (with or without a camera & microphone) on Zoom at: TREELEAF Now (https://www.treeleaf.org/now/go.php?l=ssr) OR at DIRECT ZOOM LINK (https://zoom.us/j/4834831244), password (if needed): dogen

Gassho, Jundo

SatTodayLah

PS - There is no "wrong" or "right" in Zazen ... yet here is a little explanation of the "right" times to Bow (A Koan) ...

https://youtu.be/GR6POpsXh9Q

Chant Book is here for those who wish to join in: CHANT BOOK LINK (https://www.treeleaf.org/forums/showthread.php?7032-Chant-Book-For-Weekly-and-Monthly-Zazenkai)

The other video I mention on Zendo decorum is this one, from our "Always Beginners" video Series:

Sit-a-Long with Jundo: Zazen for Beginners (12) - Basic Zendo Decorum At Home
https://www.treeleaf.org/forums/showthread.php?14884-Sit-a-Long-with-Jundo-Zazen-for-Beginners-%2812%29&p=189093#post189093

Jakuden
01-08-2021, 11:20 PM
Will be there with bells [emoji120]

Gassho
Jakuden
SatToday

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Sekishi
01-09-2021, 12:48 AM
See y'all soon.

Gassho,S #sat

Onkai
01-09-2021, 03:11 AM
Thank you, Jundo, Jakuden, and everyone. The talk was a good reminder for me and tea time was a blast.

Gassho,
Onkai
Sat/lah

Koushi
01-09-2021, 03:11 AM
It was wonderful seeing and practicing with you all tonight. Another timely talk by Jundo as well, thank you gassho1

Gassho,
Jesse
ST

Seikan
01-09-2021, 03:19 AM
Thank you Jundo, Jakuden and all for practicing together tonight. And thank you for the lovely tea time. That was a blast! ;)

Gassho,
Rob

-stlah-

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk

Yokai
01-09-2021, 03:20 AM
Thank you Jundo, Jakuden and all. Always a pleasure to share with you.

Thank you Jundo for reminding us of the importance of attention to detail gassho1

Gassho, Chris satlah

Bion
01-09-2021, 03:22 AM
Thanks everyone! Lovely zazenkai, as always!!! Waving at all of you like a crazy person brightens my whole night (or day in Chris’ case [emoji1]).

[emoji1374] SatToday

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jundo
01-09-2021, 04:28 AM
By the way, I did not mean that we should go to the other extreme and not move at all during Zazen. Small adjustments now and then during the sitting are natural and fine. It is just excessive moving that is a concern.

And, of course, if there is medical need, move and adjust as needed. I have a bad back sometimes, so have to adjust during sitting more some days than others.

Gassho, J

STLah

Koushi
01-09-2021, 05:07 AM
By the way, I did not mean that we should go to the other extreme and not move at all during Zazen. Small adjustments now and then during the sitting are natural and fine. It is just excessive moving that is a concern.

And, of course, if there is medical need, move and adjust as needed. I have a bad back sometimes, so have to adjust during sitting more some days than others.

Gassho, J

STLah

I’m happy that you always reiterate the distinction between medical need and slight unpleasantness. It’s something I have to be conscious of myself: I have a bad back due to an MMA/Muay Thai mishap (that ended my fighting/martial arts days). While sitting, there’s the constant always-there slight pain that I can allow and let be — and then there’s the “If you don’t adjust your right leg and back you’ll be cursing yourself tomorrow” pain. I learned long ago (and subsequently didn’t listen during Rohatsu) that there’s pushing it and allowing, and *pushing* it and being a detriment.

Apologies for going long,

Gassho,
Jesse
ST

Jundo
01-09-2021, 06:13 AM
I apologize for the sound quality the past 3 weeks. Seems I had the microphone plugged in the wrong slot! :eek:

Oh my.

You may all have to sit through the same talk next week! :p

Gassho, J

STLah

Seikan
01-09-2021, 06:22 AM
You may all have to sit through the same talk next week! [emoji14]

Well, repetition is an important aspect of practice, right? ;)

Gassho,
Rob

-stlah-

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk

Franz
01-09-2021, 08:27 AM
Sat today (offline) for the first time, delightful 🙏 my gratitude Jundo, Jakuden and all live participants.

SatToday

Kiri
01-09-2021, 08:42 AM
Thank you everyone!
Nikolas gassho1
Sat/Lah

Bion
01-09-2021, 09:13 AM
Sat today (offline) for the first time, delightful [emoji120] my gratitude Jundo, Jakuden and all live participants.

SatToday

Thanks for the company Franz!!!!! [emoji847]

[emoji1374] SatToday

Tairin
01-09-2021, 03:42 PM
Thank you everyone. I sat with you this morning.

Thank you Jundo for the instructions. I have a few small tweaks to make to my routine gassho2

gassho2
Tairin
Sat today and lah

Bokucho
01-09-2021, 09:14 PM
Thank you all for your practice that makes this Sangha what it is. I think the talk was well needed, I find myself taking shortcuts sometimes due to being at home. Attention to detail is an important aspect to practice, and it's a good reminder to embody this, because all of life is our zendo.

Gassho,

Josh
SatToday/LaH

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Kaishin
01-09-2021, 11:17 PM
Sat recorded. Thank you
- Matt / Kaishin
sT

Naiko
01-10-2021, 01:44 AM
Thank you all, and thank you, Jundo, for the etiquette reminders! I confess and atone for being a chronic widdershins offender.
Gassho,
Krista
st

Bokugan
01-10-2021, 03:02 PM
I apologize for the sound quality the past 3 weeks. Seems I had the microphone plugged in the wrong slot! :eek:

Oh my.

Gassho, J

STLah

Personally, this would not bother me one bit! I appreciate going over our practice repeatedly; it's easy for me to slip out of minding the little things that pull the whole dance together when not practicing "in-person". :eek:

Thank you for another great opportunity to practice with you all gassho2

Gassho,

Ryan
Sat Today

Seishin
01-12-2021, 08:09 AM

Oh my.

Gassho, J

STLah

Ah the challenges of the recording artist :D audible from this end despite the quality and the instructions are clear and precise. Would seem I have picked up the odd bad habit and will need to be mindful of these. Thank you Jundo and Jakuden.

Sat

Kokuu
01-12-2021, 05:22 PM
Thank you all for sitting, and for the reminders of Zendo etiquette, Jundo.

Gassho
Kokuu

Heiso
01-15-2021, 11:24 AM
Sat in instalments and finished this morning. Thank you everyone and for the reminders Jundo. They were timely as I was getting up to pick up a capsized baby and let a very persistent cat into the zendo (living room).

Gassho,

heiso.

StLah