PDA

View Full Version : Rekindling my practice

Chet
10-26-2020, 03:25 AM
Hey all,

Many of you will have no idea who I am, but I was once an active member of the group, though I never took Jukai.

I quit nursing in early July and for the last week or so, I've been rebuilding my daily practice. It's only five to ten minutes, usually at the end of the day, but it's a start.

I'm working as an author and editor now, though I don't make the kind of money I did as a nurse. There's far less weight on my shoulders, and more importantly, I don't have stressful twelve-hour night shifts that frequently disrupted my attempts to restart my daily practice in the past.

I haven't sat yet today, but I'm just about to. I simply wanted to log in and let people know what's going on. Stephanie and I were together for six years, but we split up in May of 2019. There's a lot more I could say, but for now, I have to sit zazen before I take some sleeping aid and go to bed for the night.

Gassho.

Chet

Jundo
10-26-2020, 04:10 AM
Welcome back, Chet. Good to see you.

Practice and Sitting, and all of life, begins and begins from here and here and here and ... ever new ...

Yes, we try to have "sat" before "chatting" around here. :)

https://www.treeleaf.org/forums/showthread.php?12995-SatToday-Make-sure-you-have-sat-before-joining-in-forum-chat%21

Gassho, Jundo

SatTodayLAH

Geika
10-26-2020, 04:29 AM
Nice to see you again, Chet.

Gassho
Sat, lah

Risho
10-26-2020, 03:04 PM
hey welcome back!!

gassho

Risho
-stlah

Eikyo
10-27-2020, 06:10 PM
Welcome back Chet! [emoji4]

Gassho,
Dee

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Kyotai
10-28-2020, 03:04 AM
I remember you. Welcome back.

Gassho, Kyotai
ST

Kaisho
10-28-2020, 06:52 PM
Hey Chet. I have a similar story of going and coming back. Welcome.

Gassho
Chelsea
St/lah

Sent from my SM-A205U using Tapatalk

Jakuden
10-29-2020, 01:20 AM
Hi Chet! No one can ever really leave Treeleaf, eh? I have read very many of your posts, probably thanks to the way old conversations tend to pop up with new posts around here. It's nice to finally say hi in person. I am looking forward to practicing with you!

Gassho,
Jakuden
SatToday/LAH

gaurdianaq
10-29-2020, 01:29 AM
Pleasure to meet you! I used to work night shifts (not 12 hours mind you) so I could easily see how that would make practice difficult...

gassho1
Evan,
Sat today, lah

Chet
11-01-2020, 05:12 AM
Hi Chet! No one can ever really leave Treeleaf, eh? I have read very many of your posts, probably thanks to the way old conversations tend to pop up with new posts around here. It's nice to finally say hi in person. I am looking forward to practicing with you!

Gassho,
Jakuden
SatToday/LAH

That’s unexpected that my old posts would be seen by new folks.

I’m... uh... somewhat less reactive now, though I still suffer from Borderline Personality Disorder.

Chet
St/lah

Jinyo
11-01-2020, 12:31 PM
That’s unexpected that my old posts would be seen by new folks.

I’m... uh... somewhat less reactive now, though I still suffer from Borderline Personality Disorder.

Chet
St/lah

I used to enjoy your posts Chet - I know what you might mean though - haven't given it much thought but having my early thoughts/responses written down and in the open for perpetuity maybe feels a bit uncomfortable? There are no doubt certain subject areas that I feel very differently about now.

Anyway , welcome back !

Gassho

Jinyo

Sat Today

Chet
11-04-2020, 07:53 PM
I'm not uncomfortable about it, I just wonder if I'd recognize them as mine.

Chet
Sat