PDA

View Full Version : Zazen Sitting with the Euros/Kiwis (Daily)

Kotei
10-05-2020, 03:41 PM
Hello everyone!

For some years now, a group of European and Kiwi sitters have been meeting daily in the FSR.

We're relocating our informal sit to the SSR (Scheduled Sitting Room), starting with coming Wednesday, October 7th 2020.

We start sitting individually without a bell around 7:30 am Central European Time, give or take 15 minutes.
The Calendar (https://www.treeleaf.org/now/) will do the timezone magic for you.

Feel free to come and go as you like, for a duration, that suits you.
Everyone is welcome.

See you there.
Gassho,
Kotei sat/lah today.

Seishin
10-06-2020, 05:23 AM
[monk]

about to sit

Seishin
10-08-2020, 05:18 PM
Well our switch from FSR to SSR has gone seamlessly as all changeless changes should be. We are already seeing new folks join our small group which is great to see, Mark from the West Island of New Zealand (ok its Oz but he came up with this label, so we can keep the Euro Kiwi tagless tag) and Aprapti joined us this morning from Belgium.

Feel free to join our unscheduled scheduled sit. All are welcome.

Sat lah

Inshin
10-08-2020, 07:56 PM
Thank you. Nice one.
Gassho
Sat

Yokai
10-09-2020, 12:31 AM
Wonderful to have new folks :encouragement:...and the "usual suspects" are wonderful too! [morehappy]

Gassho, Chris satlah

Kenku
10-09-2020, 06:03 PM
Why did Bodhidharma come from the West Island? [morehappy]

Thank you everyone.

Gassho,
Mark.

just sat.

Seishin
10-09-2020, 06:05 PM
To find his beard ? [monk]

sat

Ryudo
10-15-2020, 03:03 AM
gassho2
Thank you all

Gassho/SatToday

Washin
10-15-2020, 04:26 AM
Why did Bodhidharma come from the West Island?

May be to find his mask? :)

gassho2
StLah

Tosei
10-18-2020, 01:24 PM
Joined for the first time today. It was very nice. Thanks to all!

_/\_

Peter
sat+lah

Seishin
10-18-2020, 03:23 PM
Joined for the first time today. It was very nice. Thanks to all!

_/\_

Peter
sat+lah

Glad of your company Peter, thank you for joining us.[monk]

Sat

Shokai
10-18-2020, 05:44 PM
May be to find his mask? :)

gassho2
StLah

:encouragement:[claps]

Tai Shi
10-18-2020, 08:14 PM
I am moved when someone joins Treeleaf. I was not aware I would grow when I came here and grow I have though I’ve lost 15 or 20 lbs. I wish you
well. May you find happiness here, for I have. I see faces persuading me of the word, and I hear your voices of writing. Welcome, may we sit together?
Gassho
sat/ lah
Tai Shi

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tomás ESP
10-22-2020, 09:37 AM
Thank you Kotei! I will try to keep joining after this small break I've taken.gassho2

Gassho, Tomás

Sat

Seishin
10-22-2020, 02:58 PM
Thank you Kotei! I will try to keep joining after this small break I've taken.gassho2

Gassho, Tomás

Sat

Look forward to sitting together again Tomas.

Sat

Kotei
10-22-2020, 03:29 PM
Good to see you, Tomás!

---

I don't know about the daylight saving time-switch outside Europe,
but most of Europe is switching in the night of coming Saturday to Sunday.

Hopefully, the Calendar will do something with that information ;-)

Gassho,
Kotei sat/lah today.

Ugrok
11-09-2020, 11:01 AM
Hello guys !

I'd like to sit with you from time to time, but zoom asks me for a password when i try to join the SSR. What is this password ? Thanks !

Gassho,

Uggy

Tosei
11-09-2020, 11:51 AM
Hi Uggy,

Lowercase: dogen

Look forward to sitting with you.

Gassho,

Peter
stlah

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seishin
11-09-2020, 01:15 PM
Hi Uggy it will be good to sit together again (even though we sit most days via Insight). If you use the Treeleaf NOW link via the forum it should take you straight to the "meeting" in Zoom. Its between Calendar and Community on the menu bar. ^^^^^

https://www.treeleaf.org/now/ and use the Rooms (Quick links) drop down

or direct

SSR https://www.treeleaf.org/now/go.php?l=ssr
FSR https://www.treeleaf.org/now/go.php?l=fsr

The quick links should not need the password and you can save to your devices browser.

Hope that helps as well as the password from Peter.

Gassho

Seishin

sat

Ugrok
11-09-2020, 09:44 PM
Great, thanks !

Sharan
11-30-2020, 11:05 AM
These are wonderful news. I haven't been at the forum for quite some time, but seeing that there's a scheduled sitting at 7.30 AM... nice! I'm planning to join you all tomorrow.

Sharan
SjeoDanas-SatToday

Seishin
11-30-2020, 12:26 PM
Sharan

Feel free to join us. It is loosely based around 0730 CET but we drop in and out as we please, like we did when we sat in the FSR. As such you may catch an early bird around 0715 and depending how long folk choose to site, someone may still be there at 0815. Kinda scheduled but unscheduled.

Sat

Tosei
12-29-2020, 10:05 AM
Dear Euro/Kiwi Sitters,

I've made it back to Tbilisi, and away from our usual sittings. Thanks so much for being there morning after morning. I look forward to joining you when I shift westward once again.

Gassho,

Peter

st (but in the early morning light of the Caucasus)

Kotei
12-29-2020, 11:12 AM
Thank you for your company, morning after morning, Peter.
Although we're all always sitting together, I am looking forward to doing so in the SSR again, too.

Gassho,
Kotei sat/lah today.

aprapti
12-29-2020, 11:47 AM
dear euro/kiwi's,

though i never sit at the same time as you guys, i feel an euro/kiwi too.. i usually sit at 9.30 CET and 23.00 CET, most of the time alone in the FSR. But somehow i feel connected with you and with the whole treeleafsangha (that's the reason i every time go to the FSR in stead of just sitting on my one..).

hope to continue this next year..

gassho2

aprapti

std

Bion
12-29-2020, 12:13 PM
dear euro/kiwi's,

though i never sit at the same time as you guys, i feel an euro/kiwi too.. i usually sit at 9.30 CET and 23.00 CET, most of the time alone in the FSR. But somehow i feel connected with you and with the whole treeleafsangha (that's the reason i every time go to the FSR in stead of just sitting on my one..).

hope to continue this next year..

gassho2

aprapti

std

I think we might’ve sat together at some point. Hopefully we’ll coincide again! [emoji3526]

[emoji1374] SatToday

Tai Shi
12-31-2020, 03:11 PM
Once in a great while I am up at 12:30 a.m. Central USA/ North America, so once in a great while I shall sit with you, and I hope to do so this time about !3 hr, 20 min hence to welcome in the new year; that is 12:30 a.m. Jan 1st, 2021. And, to begin to recognize 7 yrs on Oct 3, 2021 7 yrs with Treeleaf Zendo, and recognize Oct. 2, 2011, 10 years since my near death experience which began my change such that I could practice with Treeleaf, my home group.
Gassho
sat/ lah
Tai Shi

aprapti
12-31-2020, 09:43 PM
I think we might’ve sat together at some point. Hopefully we’ll coincide again! [emoji3526]

[emoji1374] SatToday

gassho2

aprapti

std/lah

Kokuu
01-01-2021, 03:33 PM
Hi all

I already let Kotei know but I met a British guy in the Zen in UK Facebook group who was looking for a morning sit to join.

His name is Andrew Hubert and he hopes to join you from Monday so don't be surprised if you see him!

Gassho
Kokuu
-sattoday-

Seishin
01-01-2021, 10:32 PM
Thank you Kokuu, all are welcome to join our little band of global sitters (we are expansionists and beyond all borders ;) ), please let him know he will be most welcome.

Kotei - the Keeper Of The Names might start to struggle in 2021, especially once the new Dharma names are allocated !!

Sat

Kotei
01-02-2021, 07:44 AM
Kotei - the Keeper Of The Names might start to struggle in 2021, especially once the new Dharma names are allocated !!

It seems that you're already the only one, being able to keep up with our thankfully ever-growing circle.
I gave up months ago ;-)
Gassho,
Kotei sat/lah today.

AndrewH
01-04-2021, 04:52 PM
Hi kokuu

Thanks for introducing me. I sat this morning so thank you. I think my zoom is name is under my wife Stiana but I was there and will be tomorrow as well

Kokuu
01-04-2021, 06:44 PM
Lovely that you made it, Andrew, and good to see you here too!

Gassho
Kokuu
-sattoday-

Yokai
01-04-2021, 11:21 PM
Hi Andrew and welcome to the Euro+Everyone(!) SSR group gassho1. It's great to have you along.

All are very welcome, it's wonderful every time someone new joins in :encouragement:

The combo of timetabled drop-in seems to work great!

Gassho, Chris satlah

Franz
01-06-2021, 01:17 PM
Hi all!
I joined you yesterday and today, it was very nice to start my day with you.
Looking forward to sit with many of you again! gassho1

Yokai
01-06-2021, 10:04 PM
Hi Franz, great to meet you. I noticed you were sitting with us. Welcome brother!

Gassho, Chris satlah

Kotei
01-07-2021, 06:21 AM
Good to see you, Andrew and Franz!
Gassho,
Kotei sat/lah today.

AndrewH
01-08-2021, 10:56 AM
5 mornings sitting and really enjoying it - so thanks everyone

Is the free sitting room - a drop in for sitting anytime similar the Euro room?

Kotei
01-08-2021, 11:17 AM
Hi Andrew,

thank you for sitting together.

Yes, the Free in 'Free Sitting Room' means no scheduled time, anytime, any duration, come and go as you like.
In the 'Scheduled Sitting Room', there is usually a certain begin and end time (which is a bit flexible with the Euros/Kiwis). You can find the schedule here: https://www.treeleaf.org/now/

On a sidenote... here: https://www.treeleaf.org/forums/showthread.php?12995-SatToday-Make-sure-you-have-sat-before-joining-in-forum-chat%21 is a posting about signing your postings with 'sat today' to indicate that you sat in the last 24h and to encourage others.

Gassho,
Kotei sat/lah today.

5 mornings sitting and really enjoying it - so thanks everyone

Is the free sitting room - a drop in for sitting anytime similar the Euro room?

AndrewH
01-08-2021, 11:53 AM
Thanks Kotei on the info re FSR - i will take advantage during the day.

can I ask what is lah today?

Gassho
Andrew sat today

Kotei
01-08-2021, 12:35 PM
Hi Andrew,

there is quite a lot to read and digest, regarding all the written and unwritten rules and customs, I can imagine.
In addition to the sat today (thank you!), there is a request for a little extra kindness (Lend A Hand) to those around us: https://www.treeleaf.org/forums/showthread.php?15314-A-TREELEAF-PROJECT-with-EVERYONE%C2%92S-PARTICIPATION-REQUESTED-%C2%93LAH%C2%94-%28Lend-A-Hand%29

Gassho,
Kotei sat/lah today.

Thanks Kotei on the info re FSR - i will take advantage during the day.

can I ask what is lah today?

Gassho
Andrew sat today

AndrewH
01-08-2021, 05:21 PM
Thanks Kotei

I really like LAH

Gassho
Andrew Sat today

Yokai
01-11-2021, 03:10 AM
Hi to all newly sitting with us. Great to be with you gassho1.

For some extra daily connection, a number of us are on the free Insight Timer app. Just go to groups and find Treeleaf. It's a great way to say "hi" and 'gassho", plus share something if you wish :encouragement:

Gassho, Chris satlah

Franz
01-12-2021, 02:54 PM
Thanks for the hint Chris, just joined on IT.
This morning I sat just before a working meeting, needless to say I was super serene and focused, beautiful 😊

SatToday Franz

Seishin
01-12-2021, 06:34 PM
Hi Franz and Andrew

Thanks for joining us in our scheduled not so scheduled SSR session. Sorry for the delayed welcomes in Insight Timer but with aging eyes and small screens I have struggled to see the names but try to keep a record of those who join us daily. At least I now know I was not cracking up as I was sure that I saw Stiana crop up for a few days only to change !

So while we are at it - thank you Shonin (you know which one you are) who sat with us this morning.

Deep bows to you all.

Sat natch

AndrewH
01-13-2021, 09:40 AM
Thanks Seishin - it is a wonderful experience to sit with everyone.

Hopefully my name is correct on zoom now- we share the Ipad and my daughter also uses it for school and changes the name.

My video may show strange red glow. This is because I sit downstairs and don't put the lights on. My wife then comes down and usually has an infrared sauna which is the other end of the room (this is a small tent like construction with bright red lights) hence the odd glow.

Gassho
Andrew Sat today

Max
01-22-2021, 03:51 AM
Honorary Kiwi from the south end of the West Island.
Enjoying seeing not only what shows up on my internal screen, but in who shows up on my external screen during zazen.
Beginning to feel part of this family.
Max
sat

Yokai
01-22-2021, 05:14 AM
Hi Max, great to have on the team! [morehappy] Good to have an Aussie on board too :encouragement:

Glad you're feeling at home. If you'd like some daily connection you'll find many of us on the free Insight Timer app (Treeleaf Group).

Let us know if we can help with anything.

See you later on the zafu.

Gassho, Yokai (Chris) sat/lah

Max
02-19-2021, 07:07 AM
Sat with the Kiwis and Euros this afternoon - Friday19/02/2021.
Kept focus despite outside temp at 36C and inside at 27C.
Gassho
Max

Seishin
02-19-2021, 08:13 AM
Stay cool Max. We are just about hitting double figures coming out of a cold snap and now its getting light in the morning ! Good to sit with you each morning/afternoon.

Sat

Kotei
02-19-2021, 09:21 AM
Hey Max,
it never fails to amaze me, hearing about the other side of our planet.
Winter<->Summer - Day<->Night, but always the same moon above.
Thanks for sitting together, everyone.

Gassho,
Kotei sat/lah today.

Tosei
02-19-2021, 10:24 AM
And always the same earth below our feet.

Gassho all, and thanks for sitting with me when I find myself somewhere on that earth and under that moon where it is possible.

Satlah

Max
02-20-2021, 07:08 AM
Thank you Seishin. I look forward and really enjoy the company of these sessions.
Hang in there. Spring's gotta come.
Gassho, Max. Sat

Sharan
06-02-2021, 01:25 PM
I've joined you all this morning. Hopefully I'll be joining you from now on more often since I've decided to arrange my day a little bit different and I'm up from 7 AM from now on :)

Gassho,

Sharan
SjeoDanas/SatToday

Seishin
06-02-2021, 02:23 PM
Good to sit with you Sharan.

sat

Kotei
06-03-2021, 05:25 AM
Thanks for joining, Sharan and for sitting together, everyone.

Btw., coming Saturday, June 5th (CEST) the Scheduled sitting room, where we normally meet, is occupied by our Treeleaf anniversary Spring Retreat: https://www.treeleaf.org/forums/showthread.php?18863-2021-Spring-Retreat-Main-Page-June-4-6
The 7:30 (CEST) mark, when most of us normally join, is in the middle of the retreat's Samu Unit.
At 8:00 (CEST) there would be the next Zazen/Kinhin etc. Unit, that could be left at the first Kinhin part, if you want to sit together, but are not sitting through the Retreat.
Of course, there is also the always open 'Free sitting room'.

Gassho,
Kotei sat/lah today.

Kotei
10-30-2021, 08:10 AM
Hello everyone,

please be aware that the beginning time for this sitting is defined in Central European Time (CET) and we'll have daylight saving adjustments in Europe, the coming night.
So the beginning time might shift an hour for our non-European sitters!
Please check with the calendar (https://www.treeleaf.org/now/#calendar).

Thanks for sitting together!
Gassho,
Kotei sat/lah today.

Huichan
01-22-2022, 06:53 AM
As most of my sits will probably be with you guys, thought I'd just leave a message here of thanks to all of you for allowing me to sit with you. I'm in China, so it's around 2.30pm for me, which seems a good time for my schedule. Hopefully I can also to get to you know guys a bit better outside of sitting too.

Gassho
Ross

Tosei
01-22-2022, 06:56 AM
Hi Ross. I saw you with us today. Welcome.

Gassho

-((sat))

Heiso
01-22-2022, 07:11 AM
Good to see you this morning, Ross.

Gassho

Heiso

StLah

Sent from my RMX2001 using Tapatalk

Kotei
01-22-2022, 07:26 AM
Good to see everyone.
Sipping tea from Fujian - welcome Ross!

Gassho,
Kotei sat/lah today.

Heiso
01-22-2022, 07:50 AM
Good to see everyone.

Gassho,
Kotei sat/lah today.You've just reminded me to order some more Lapsang Souchong!

Gassho

Heiso

StLah

Sent from my RMX2001 using Tapatalk

Huichan
01-22-2022, 09:05 AM
Good to see everyone.

Gassho,
Kotei sat/lah today.

I'm in Fujian but drinking tea from Yunnan (Pu'er) :D

Do you know what type of tea it is? My favourite Fujianese tea is Wuyishan (which is also an amazingly beautiful place). I don't tend to drink the more local Fuzhou tea, which is blended with Jasmine.

Kotei
01-22-2022, 09:54 AM
I'm in Fujian but drinking tea from Yunnan (Pu'er) :D

Do you know what type of tea it is? My favourite Fujianese tea is Wuyishan (which is also an amazingly beautiful place). I don't tend to drink the more local Fuzhou tea, which is blended with Jasmine.
Loving Chinese tea, so it's more than one from Fujian ;-)
Oh yes, Wuyishan...the one I was referring to in the post is "Shui Xian" from Wuyishan, a bit darker roasted with a nice fruity tase from master Ning Zhen Wen.
There is also a very nice "Da Hong Pao" from Wuyishan and a much treasured little bit of an old "Lao Cong Shui Xian" left.
I have a soft spot for a half oxidized "Tie Guan Yin" from Anxi (north of Xiamen?).

Gassho,
Kotei sat/lah today.

houst0n
01-28-2022, 04:15 PM
Loving Chinese tea, so it's more than one from Fujian ;-)
Oh yes, Wuyishan...the one I was referring to in the post is "Shui Xian" from Wuyishan, a bit darker roasted with a nice fruity tase from master Ning Zhen Wen.
There is also a very nice "Da Hong Pao" from Wuyishan and a much treasured little bit of an old "Lao Cong Shui Xian" left.
I have a soft spot for a half oxidized "Tie Guan Yin" from Anxi (north of Xiamen?).

Gassho,
Kotei sat/lah today.

Ohh. Proper Anxi Tie Guan Yin is superb; I actually quite like the more modern unroasted ones, as I can't seem to find a good roasted one so far.

Do you know a good online teashop that ships inside .de? I used to get all my tea from the UK (meileaf, do recommend, they're expensive but never had a bad tea from them) -- but Brexit has made that into a roulette game with Import Duties (even though tea is apparently meant to be duty free under the trade agreement)..

Gassho,
Neil ./sat

Kotei
01-28-2022, 06:55 PM
Do you know a good online teashop that ships inside .de? I used to get all my tea from the UK (meileaf, do recommend, they're expensive but never had a bad tea from them) -- but Brexit has made that into a roulette game with Import Duties (even though tea is apparently meant to be duty free under the trade agreement)..

A friend, often traveling from Zürich to my home town is thankfully bringing tea from a little shop there.
Gerhardt Thamm from http://shop.chadao.de is a very nice contact, importing from China himself and running a Teahouse.

Gassho,
Kotei sat/lah today.

Kotei
03-25-2022, 07:49 AM
Hello everyone,

please be aware that the beginning time for this sitting is anchored in Central European (Summer) Time (CE(S)T) and we'll have daylight saving adjustments in Europe, in the night from coming Saturday to Sunday.
So the beginning time might shift an hour beginning Sunday March 27th for our non-European sitters!
Please check with the calendar.

Gassho,
Kotei sat/lah today.

Yokai
03-28-2022, 06:11 AM
Thanks Kotei
Good to be back with you all :encouragement:
Gassho, Yokai sat/lah

Seishin
03-28-2022, 07:05 AM
And Yokai puts the Kiwi back in EuroKiwi ! Yowser. Good to see you back brother.

And don't forget folks, the crew is for all regardless of borders no borders.

EuroKiwi Global Inc where the doors are always open.

Sat for peace.

Kotei
03-28-2022, 07:07 AM
Good to see you Yokai!
Gassho,
Kotei sat/lah today.

Kotei
10-27-2022, 08:02 AM
Hello everyone,

please be aware that the beginning time for this sitting is anchored in Central European (Summer) Time (CE(S)T) and we'll have daylight saving adjustments in Europe, in the night from coming Saturday to Sunday.
So the beginning time might shift an hour beginning Sunday October 30th for our non-European sitters!

Gassho,
Kotei sat/lah today.

Huichan
11-01-2022, 07:04 AM
The clock change makes it much easier for me to sit with you guys again, so will be seeing more of me until the clocks change again!

Gassho gassho1
Ross
stlah

Kotei
11-01-2022, 08:02 AM
:encouragement::)

Gassho,
Kotei sat/lah today.

Kotei
10-28-2023, 07:50 AM
Hello everyone,

please be aware that the beginning time for this sitting is anchored in Central European Time and we'll have daylight saving adjustments in Europe tonight.
So the beginning time might shift an hour beginning with the next sit if your country does DST adjustments later or not at all.

Gassho,
Kotei sat/lah today.

Do Mi
10-30-2023, 12:57 AM
Aha, so that's why it was an hour later than I thought yesterday! That puts it usually too late for me...I've enjoyed sitting with you all sometimes!

Gassho,

Do Mi
sat and lah

Kotei
10-30-2023, 06:19 AM
Hi Do Mi,

thank you for sitting together!
I hope the US time change next weekend will repair this for you and we'll see you again.

Gassho,
Kotei sat/lah today.

Tosei
10-31-2023, 02:40 PM
It was lovely seeing so many sitting this morning.

Gassho to all,

satlah

Gooey
11-25-2023, 07:32 AM
Hi friends, thank you for this space! I have been nervous about joining a sitting but gave it a go today. I am hoping to settle into some regular times to join in the SSR so today was a good way to test it out. Maybe I will see some of you in there soon - but also one of the many things Treeleaf is great at is really fostering that feeling of sitting alongside others even when it's not in real time.

Gassho,

Gooey
sat/LAH

Kotei
11-25-2023, 07:52 AM
Hi Gooey,

thank you for joining us.
Among all the scheduled sittings you can find in the calendar (https://www.treeleaf.org/now/#calendar), this one is probably closest to what is happening in the FSR, the unscheduled "just come and sit" one.
We decided to keep a somewhat flexible beginning time and sit for an individual time - some of us sit together nearly every day in this slot and this way enabled us doing so.
I was nervous in the beginning, too - I agree that its a nice way of testing it out and even getting comfortable with the idea of joining fixed time sittings, where everyone starts and end together with bells and bows.

Looking forward to sitting together,
Gassho,
Kotei sat/lah today.

Gooey
12-06-2023, 07:32 AM
After dealing with a particularly hard (and ongoing) situation at work today, I was especially grateful to share this space with some of you today. Even though I know when we sit we are always together, it's nice to get the reminder of that through the computer screen. Thank you.

Gassho,
Gooey

sat/LAH

Kotei
12-06-2023, 07:56 AM
Thank you for being this for me, too.
Gassho,
Kotei sat/lah today.

After dealing with a particularly hard (and ongoing) situation at work today, I was especially grateful to share this space with some of you today. Even though I know when we sit we are always together, it's nice to get the reminder of that through the computer screen. Thank you.

Bion
12-06-2023, 08:19 AM

Gassho,
Gooey

sat/LAH

Absolutely! It is why we get together and not just sit on our own. Thank you for choosing to be there and sitting together. I believe you were finishing right as I got up for Kinhin, right?[emoji1]

Gassho
Sat and lah

Gooey
12-06-2023, 10:11 AM
Thank you Kotei gassho2

Bion - yes, I think I noticed you doing Kinhin as I was leaving. I keep forgetting to note people's names in the Zoom session but did notice someone standing. Nice to share this space.

Gassho,
Gooey
sat/LAH