PDA

View Full Version : Sept 4th-5th, 2020 - OUR MONTHLY 4-hour Treeleaf ZAZENKAI - Commencing Jukai & Ango!

Jundo
09-03-2020, 12:38 AM
Our Zazenkai is in Special Celebration and Welcome of the
Commencement of our 2020 ANGO & JUKAI Season

Today's Talk will reflect on
our "Dedication of Merit" Recital
(text below in this thread)

Please sit our Monthly 4-Hour Treeleaf Zazenkai netcast LIVE 8am to noon Japan time Saturday morning (that is New York 7pm to 11pm, Los Angeles 4pm to 8pm (Friday night), London midnight to 4am and Paris 1am to 5am (early Saturday morning)), and also sitable any time thereafter:

https://youtu.be/-Z12ike0Gs8

Join live (with or without a camera & microphone) on Zoom at: https://www.treeleaf.org/now/go.php?l=ssr
OR at https://zoom.us/j/4834831244, password (if needed): dogen

Dharma Talk Audio / Podcast Episode:
https://treeleaf.podbean.com/e/september-2020-zazenkai-talk-sept-4th-5th-2020-our-monthly-4-hour-treeleaf-zazenkai-commencing-jukai-ango/

The Sitting Schedule is as follows:

00:00 - 00:50 CEREMONY (HEART SUTRA IN JAPANESE / SANDOKAI IN ENGLISH) & ZAZEN
00:50 - 01:00 KINHIN
01:00 - 01:30 ZAZEN
01:30 - 01:50 KINHIN

01:50 - 02:30 DHARMA TALK & ZAZEN
02:30 - 02:40 KINHIN & HOKEY-POKEY RITUAL

02:40 - 03:15 ZAZEN
03:15 - 03:30 KINHIN
03:30 - 04:00 METTA CHANT & ZAZEN, VERSE OF ATONEMENT, FOUR VOWS, & CLOSING

Gassho, Jundo

STLah

PS - There is no "wrong" or "right" in Zazen ... yet here is a little explanation of the "right" times to Bow (A Koan) ...

https://youtu.be/GR6POpsXh9Q

Chant Book is here for those who wish to join in: CHANT BOOK LINK (https://www.treeleaf.org/forums/showthread.php?7032-Chant-Book-For-Weekly-and-Monthly-Zazenkai)

The other video I mention on Zendo decorum is this one, from our "Always Beginners" video Series:

Sit-a-Long with Jundo: Zazen for Beginners (12) - Basic Zendo Decorum At Home
https://www.treeleaf.org/forums/showthread.php?14884-Sit-a-Long-with-Jundo-Zazen-for-Beginners-%2812%29&p=189093#post189093

Jundo
09-03-2020, 12:38 AM
Todays talk will look closely and reflect on the "Dedication of Merit" (Eko 廻向, with the Kanji meaning "Go Around" and "Face Beyond") which we recite in our weekly Ceremonies ...

Buddha Nature pervades the whole universe, Reality, existing right here now:
In reciting THE HEART OF THE PERFECTION OF GREAT WISDOM SUTRA (and THE IDENTITY OF RELATIVE AND ABSOLUTE) we dedicate our sincere efforts to:

•Shakyamuni Buddha Honored One; the Historical Buddha and Teacher …
and to those ancestral teachers:
Eihei Dogen Honored One
Soji Keizan Honored One,

All successive Honored Ones up until

Zuigaku Rempo Honored One and
Gudo Wafu Honored One

and to all other Honored Ones throughout history, Male and Female Honored Ones, whose names have been forgotten or left unsaid.
We also dedicate these efforts to the Three Treasures,

Buddha, Dharma, Sangha,

To all Awakened Ones and Teachers in all places and times.

We especially seek tranquility & well being for all creatures now suffering or ill in health.
May they be serene through all their ills.
May their lives be at peace and Wisdom pervade the darkness of ignorance.

We dedicate our hopes and aspirations:
To all victims of war and violence and natural events
To the injured and to all families touched by these tragedies
To the healing of hatred in all countries and among all peoples
To the wisdom and compassion of our world leaders
To the peace of the world and harmony of all beings.

Thus, let the harmful effects of words, thoughts and actions be dispelled
and Compassion bloom in perpetual spring.
May we all realize and live the Enlightened Way together:

EVERYONE CHANTS:

ø All Buddhas throughout space and time
ø All Bodhisattvas-Mahasattvas
ø Maha • Prajna • Paramita ••••••• (followed 3x PROSTRATIONS by EVERYONE) • • •

I will also touch briefly on our annual theme, to commence this Ango and Jukai season ...

Ango: NOW & THEN ...

What is Ango in our day and time, for householders in the modern West? Is it Ango as the Buddha, Dogen and all the Ancestors Practiced?

The meaning of the Japanese word Ango [安居] (Skt : varsha or varshika; Pali: vassa ) is “tranquil dwelling”. The origin is the “rainy-season retreat” , the period when Buddhist monks in India stopped their travels and outdoor activities for the duration of the rainy season and gathered at some sheltered location to devote themselves to Practice, study and discipline. One practical reason was because the heavy rainfall made traveling and outdoor activities impractical. But it was also a time when the individual monks in Buddha’s time, spending most of the year scattered here and there in small groups or individually, could gather and unite as a community and Practice together. During the rainy season in India, monks traditionally dwelt in a cave or a monastery for three months—from the sixteenth day of the fourth month to the fifteenth day of the seventh month. During this period the monks learned the Buddha's teachings, engaged in meditation and other practices, and repented their harmful behavior and weaknesses. The tradition is said to have begun during the time of Shakyamuni, was brought to China, and in Japan the three-month retreat was first observed in 683. Now it comes to us.

In the time of Master Dogen, Ango was a period of intense Practice mostly (but not exclusively) for monks living in a monastery. In his early years, Dogen’s Teachings emphasized that Zazen and Enlightenment are open to all, monks or householders, male or female, everyone. Later in life however, Dogen found himself chased out of the cosmopolitan capital city by other religious groups, turning to live in a remote and isolated monastery in the snowy mountains of Japan. Although in other writings to his lay students, Dogen continued to emphasize how this Way is open to all, his writings like Shobogenzo were meant to be talks heard primarily by his monks, meant to encourage monks in their monastic life and “keep up morale”, and thus, quite naturally, centered on the importance of Practice in a monastic setting.

But does that mean that Ango is not for householders as well? How has the Practice of Ango evolved as Zen has come to the West, to modern times, and again become open to all, monks or householders, male or female, the physically able and the physically challenged, everyone without distinction?

Gassho, J

STLah

Junkyo
09-03-2020, 12:53 AM
Unfortunately I may not be able to make the beginning of zazenkai live. It will be 6pm here and I will just be getting home from work.

Would it be ok for me to quietly sneak in mid way through once the kids are to bed?

Gassho,

Junkyo
SAT

Sent from my SM-G981W using Tapatalk

Jundo
09-03-2020, 01:11 AM
Unfortunately I may not be able to make the beginning of zazenkai live. It will be 6pm here and I will just be getting home from work.

Would it be ok for me to quietly sneak in mid way through once the kids are to bed?

Gassho,

Junkyo
SAT

Sent from my SM-G981W using Tapatalk

Hi Junkyo,

You can "sneak in" midway (just remember to close the door behind you gassho1 ), sit in bits over several days, sit backwards (we should do that sometime, in which we play the whole Zazenkai backwards and see what happens! :p ), bring your kids, sit in the nursery ... anything like that is fine at our place.

Gassho, J

STLah

Tosei
09-03-2020, 02:59 AM
I’ll be deep in some 6thC Christian cave monasteries on Friday and Saturday but will sit with you all on Monday. Sorry to miss you live.

Gassho,

Peter

SatT

Eva
09-03-2020, 04:09 AM
I feel joy for this upcoming Ango and looking forward to first Zazenkai, which I won't make it live, since working both Friday and Saturday .
I will join you all sometime in Sunday .

Gassho, eva
sattoday

Doshin
09-03-2020, 06:22 PM
I will be there until I fall asleep. I need somebody to swat my shoulders.

Doshin
St

Victor
09-03-2020, 09:11 PM
I unfortunately won't be able to make the live as I'll be feeding the kids and getting them to bed, but I will view afterwards. I missed last season because my son was born two days before we began. I've never experienced a more profound exhaustion!

That said, I will be taking part this season to the best of my ability. My children are very demanding of my time and energy. As we have discussed, this is a crucial part of my practice as well!

Gassho,
Victor
ST

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Onka
09-04-2020, 08:22 AM
I'll be there live but offline.
Gassho
Onka
ST

Tosei
09-04-2020, 08:55 AM
I’ll be deep in some 6thC Christian cave monasteries on Friday and Saturday but will sit with you all on Monday. Sorry to miss you live.

Gassho,

Peter

SatT

Turns out THOSE monks are expecting me next weekend, so I’ll be here tomorrow morning.

Kyonin
09-04-2020, 10:25 AM
Hi Jundo,

I'll be there live :)

Gassho,

Kyonin

Inshin
09-04-2020, 10:44 AM
I would love to join live, as it is the best time for me to fit 4 hrs without any worldly disturbances. However I have never before sat through the night and I am a bit anxious that after all day at work and then looking after family, my body will give up at some point. Is it allowed to leave the live zazenkai during Kinhin and "finish up" the rest at some other time? Or would it be considered disrespectful?

Gassho
Sat

Jundo
09-04-2020, 12:49 PM
I would love to join live, as it is the best time for me to fit 4 hrs without any worldly disturbances. However I have never before sat through the night and I am a bit anxious that after all day at work and then looking after family, my body will give up at some point. Is it allowed to leave the live zazenkai during Kinhin and "finish up" the rest at some other time? Or would it be considered disrespectful?

Gassho
Sat

You can leave early, late, break it into bits. However, no need to sit into the night! The "real time" recording can be sat at any time in any time zone!

See you there, if you dare! :)

Gassho, J

STLah

Jundo
09-04-2020, 12:56 PM
This month, we visit 'lousiana ... with Buckweat Zydeco and Bayou Boogie Hokey Pokey ...

https://youtu.be/xy1Lhw6b80A

Gassho nuff, you'all.

STLah

PS - I was darn close to going with the only know recording of American singing legend Tom Waits doing the Pokey ... but he changed the words quite a bit, and its pretty, well, you know ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uzJ5l3AqSQk

Seishin
09-04-2020, 01:22 PM
I'll will be there not there On Demand as usual. Thank you Jundo. [monk]

sat/lah

Nanrin
09-04-2020, 01:42 PM
Feeling ill, but I'll be there one way or another, hopefully live.

Nanrin

Sat today

Meitou
09-04-2020, 01:54 PM
Although I'm not officially taking part in Ango this year, I look forward to this lovely opening ceremony. I hope to sit a couple of hours one way this evening to leave space for our Ango participants. Blessings to everyone, especially those of you having this experience for the first time.
Deep bows
Meitou
Sattoday lah

Meitou
09-04-2020, 02:00 PM
This month, we visit 'lousiana ... with Buckweat Zydeco and Bayou Boogie Hokey Pokey ...

https://youtu.be/xy1Lhw6b80A

Gassho nuff, you'all.

STLah

PS - I was darn close to going with the only know recording of American singing legend Tom Waits doing the Pokey ... but he changed the words quite a bit, and its pretty, well, you know ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uzJ5l3AqSQk

Suggestions box : https://youtu.be/-IGOPfDQj6o
So fabulous.
Gassho
Meitou
Sattoday lah

Bokugan
09-04-2020, 03:17 PM
I will have to sit this Zazenkai later, with the recording, since I am moving this weekend. I look forward to still sitting with you all and starting my first Ango.

Gassho,

Ryan
Sat Today

Inshin
09-04-2020, 03:42 PM
Suggestions box : https://youtu.be/-IGOPfDQj6o
So fabulous.
Gassho
Meitou
Sattoday lah

Hokey - Pokey? Does it mean there will be a children party (in the bodies of adults) in the middle of Zazenkai? [claps]
[morehappy]
Gassho
Sat

Jundo
09-04-2020, 03:45 PM
Hokey - Pokey? Does it mean there will be a children party (in the bodies of adults) in the middle of Zazenkai? [claps]
[morehappy]
Gassho
Sat

Exactly. A dance of big children! :encouragement:

Gassho, Jundo

STLah

Seikan
09-04-2020, 05:53 PM
Exactly. A dance of big children! :encouragement:

Gassho, Jundo

STLah

I have to come clean here... I only come to the monthly Zazenkai for the Hokey Pokey, but I end up staying for everything else too, because why not?

:)

Gassho,
Rob

-stlah-

Ryokudo
09-04-2020, 07:11 PM
Hi all,

As it is the 4 hour zazenkai I will have to sit it over therest of the weekend I'm afraid. It's a little late in the UK for 4 hours. However I'm looking forward to Ango and Jukai.

Gassho,

Neilio

SAT/LAH

Hokin
09-04-2020, 07:45 PM
Great!
I have full intention to participate live two-way today!
Hope family business will allow that!

Gassho.
Hokin.
ST&LAH.

Sekishi
09-04-2020, 08:33 PM
See you all soon. Lets go Ango!

Gassho,
Sekishi
#sat

Nengei
09-04-2020, 09:14 PM
So grateful to be settling in to Ango. I will be doing tonight's Zazenkai in chunks over the next few days as I can.

Gassho,
Nengei
Sat today. LAH.

Soka
09-04-2020, 10:46 PM
I shall sit with the YouTube stream so as not to disturb anyone when I inevitably fall asleep.
For those in and around the GMT timezone, is there a specific time anyone tends to do the Zazenkai in the following days? If so, it would be nice to join you and follow the recorded session, but knowing that I am doing so alongside others here.

Gassho,
Phill
sat

Jundo
09-04-2020, 10:50 PM
I shall sit with the YouTube stream so as not to disturb anyone when I inevitably fall asleep.
For those in and around the GMT timezone, is there a specific time anyone tends to do the Zazenkai in the following days? If so, it would be nice to join you and follow the recorded session, but knowing that I am doing so alongside others here.

Gassho,
Phill
sat

You can also come into the live room, just with camera and mike off. And no need to sit in the middle of the night!

Gassho, Jundo

STLah

Geika
09-04-2020, 10:55 PM
You can also come into the live room, just with camera and mike off. And no need to sit in the middle of the night!

That is what I will be doing, as I will have to be moving into a different room to sit, and may be interrupted several times, but I still want to "be there". :)

Gassho
Sat today, lah

Geika
09-04-2020, 10:57 PM
Joining you all. :)

Gassho
Sat today, lah

Benidaka
09-05-2020, 12:44 AM
Thank you.

Gassho,
SAT

Ekai
09-05-2020, 12:44 AM
I will participate in the recorded version. My son is home with me this weekend. Somehow I will try to fit it in but not sure if I can do the full 4 hours.

Gassho,
Ekai

SAT

Doshin
09-05-2020, 03:00 AM
gassho2

Doshin
Satwithyou

Geika
09-05-2020, 03:00 AM
Lovely zazenkai. Thank you Jundo, Sekishi, and everyone. Let's all dance ango.

Gassho
Sat today, lah

Kyoshin
09-05-2020, 03:02 AM
Nine bows to Maha Silverberg, CPA

Gassho
Kyōshin
Satlah

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

Bion
09-05-2020, 03:03 AM
Thank you everyone! Seeing you all just filled me with joy.

[emoji1374] SatToday lah

gaurdianaq
I'm impressed I made it through the whole thing, but I'm glad I came.

gassho1
Evan,
Sat today, lah :)

Yokai
Wonderful:encouragement:! Thank you Jundo, Sekishi and friends everywhere/time for sharing this first zazenkai of Ango. gassho1

Gassho, Chris satlah

Onkai
09-05-2020, 03:04 AM
Thank you, Jundo, Sekishi, and everyone for a lovely zazenkai and talk. My mother and even our cat joined for the Hokey-Pokey!

Gassho,
Onkai
Sat/lah

nknibbs
09-05-2020, 03:04 AM
Wonderful start to ango everyone!

Gassho,
Nick
SatLah

Tosei
09-05-2020, 03:05 AM
Thanks and deep bows to all. So glad to be there with you. 3am is brutal though here, since most folks are singing their way to bed!

Gassho,

P

sattoday

Ippo
09-05-2020, 03:06 AM
Thank you Jundo, Sekishi, Kyononin and everyone.

I am very pleased to see so many new faces this year and I am veyr much looking forward to this year's Ango.

Very fortunate to learn and grow with all of you!

Gassho,

Ippo

SatToday

Nanrin
09-05-2020, 03:06 AM
Pleasure to join with all of you and start ango.

Gassho

Nanrin

Sat today

Hokin
09-05-2020, 03:10 AM
Simply beautiful! Thank you all...and Jundo...special thanks for the good-inspiring talk! As always!
Let's go Ango!!!

Gassho.
Hokin.
ST&LAH.

Bion
09-05-2020, 03:12 AM

gassho1
Evan,

It was great seeing you! Really great!!
[emoji1374] SatToday lah

Bion
09-05-2020, 03:13 AM
Pleasure to join with all of you and start ango.

Gassho

Nanrin

Sat today

Seeing you is always a joy my friend [emoji3526]

[emoji1374] SatToday lah

Sekiyuu
09-05-2020, 03:14 AM
Thanks everyone for sitting.

My cat decided to join in, he was just out of frame, mindfully lying on my "zabuton" (a folded yoga mat) and mindfully grooming himself for most of the zazenkai.

Gassho,
Kenny
Sat Today

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Bion
Thank you, Jundo, Sekishi, and everyone for a lovely zazenkai and talk. My mother and even our cat joined for the Hokey-Pokey!

Gassho,
Onkai
Sat/lah

Thanks to you, your mom and the cat for a fantastic dance!! [emoji3526]

[emoji1374] SatToday lah

gaurdianaq
Thanks and deep bows to all. So glad to be there with you. 3am is brutal though here, since most folks are singing their way to bed!

Gassho,

P

sattoday

That's some impressive dedication

gassho1
Evan,
Sat today, lah

Shōnin Risa Bear
09-05-2020, 03:16 AM
Deep thanks to Jundo, Sekishi, and all.

Gassho

shonin sat and lah

Heitou
09-05-2020, 03:20 AM
Sorry I couldn't make it I had too weak of a signal and kept getting kicked out but will make it up tomorrow.

Gassho
John
SatToday

Koushi
09-05-2020, 03:24 AM
Wonderful to join everyone tonight. And learning the ancient history of the hokey-pokey was illuminating! gassho1

Gassho,

Jesse
ST/LAH

Seikan
09-05-2020, 03:33 AM
What a wonderful and solid start to Ango and Jukai. Thank you all so much for coming together and supporting one another through our practice.

And tonight's Hokey Pokey turned into a serious cardio session at the end! I may be able to skip my run tomorrow. :)

Gassho,
Rob

-stlah-

Kyoshin
09-05-2020, 03:56 AM

gassho1
Evan,
Sat today, lah :)You know, for all the nothing we do, I always find the long zazenkai to be quite a work out!

Gassho
Kyōshin
Satlah

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

Tosei
09-05-2020, 04:31 AM

gassho1
Evan,

Glad you made it. And survived it!

Gassho,

Peter

Sattoday

Inshin
09-05-2020, 06:41 AM
Thank you, I'm very grateful to be able to participate in this beautiful ceremony, great talk reminding me that it's not all about me but my practice is for othersgassho2

"Is this the real life, is this just fantasy?" - I don't know anymore after Hokey Pokey at 3am in the morning lalallala:D

In the morning a Japanese bird sang a song
Soaked in London's night fog.

Gassho
Sat

Meitou
09-05-2020, 06:54 AM
I managed the first sit before getting too tired. My old cat also joined in, he did better than me, he was still on the zabuton this morning.[monk]
Lovely to see so many first time Ango people, enjoy!
Gassho
Meitou
Sattoday lah

Onka
09-05-2020, 07:10 AM
Great start to Ango
Gassho
Onka
st

Bion
09-05-2020, 08:17 AM
Wonderful to join everyone tonight. And learning the ancient history of the hokey-pokey was illuminating! gassho1

Gassho,

Jesse
ST/LAH

Nice sitting with you Jesse!

[emoji1374] SatToday lah

jonathon
09-05-2020, 09:15 AM
Thank you Jundo & Sekishi. A wonderful start to the Ango

Gassho, Jonathon
STLah

Bion
09-05-2020, 09:27 AM
Thank you Jundo & Sekishi. A wonderful start to the Ango

Gassho, Jonathon
STLah

It was great seeing you Jonathon. Zoom was hiding you on the second page for me, but I scrolled over to your side for a bit! [emoji3526]

[emoji1374] SatToday lah

Science Abbot
09-05-2020, 10:12 AM
Grateful for this lineage, for Jundo's teaching, and for the sangha that helps make Treeleaf Zendo so unique and of such good service to this world.

Gassho,
Mui
Sat/LAH

MacK
09-05-2020, 02:10 PM
I was looking forward to sitting the recorded version this afternoon but I didn’t realise the village hall had live rock bands playing today. Currently listening to ‘Spirit in the sky’ [smile]. Will get rid of husband again tomorrow and sit then.

Gassho
Ken (Karen)
Sat today

Margherita
09-05-2020, 04:32 PM
I just finished sitting with the recording, I had to split it in two but I made it.
Thank you Jundo for the teaching and to the Sangha for your efforts.
Gassho,
Mags

Sent from my SM-J600FN using Tapatalk

Juki
09-05-2020, 05:19 PM
Sat the recording this morning. Thank you, Jundo. Ango on everyone. gassho2

Gassho,
Juki
Sat today and lah

Jakugan
09-05-2020, 05:33 PM
Thank you everyone.

gassho2

Sat/lah Jakugan

Eva
09-06-2020, 12:01 PM
Sat with all of you this Sunday morning.

Thank you all for your presence,

Gassho, eva
sattoday and also LAH

MacK
09-06-2020, 02:40 PM
Sat this pm. Thank you.

Gassho
Ken
Sat today

Kotei
09-06-2020, 03:45 PM
Thank you everyone!
Gassho,
Kotei sat/lah today.

Cooperix
09-06-2020, 06:00 PM
Sweet, very sweet!
Gassho, Anne
~st~

Tairin
09-06-2020, 08:27 PM
Thank you everyone.

Jundo. I really enjoyed your talk on the Dedication of Merit and the origins of our version.

gassho2
Tairin
Sat today and lah

Jakuden
09-07-2020, 12:54 AM
Just finished this, and off we go to Ango! Thank you Jundo, Sekishi and everyone, it was wonderful to sit with so many of you!

Gassho,
Jakuden
SatToday

adahee
09-07-2020, 04:40 AM
Thanks, y'all. Just finished sitting with the recording.
In the Dedication of Merit lines, "...and to all other Honored Ones throughout history, male and female honored ones, whose names have been forgotten or left unsaid,"--is this just a longer way of saying, "everyone else"?

Gassho,
steve
ST/LaH

Jundo
09-07-2020, 05:32 AM
Thanks, y'all. Just finished sitting with the recording.
In the Dedication of Merit lines, "...and to all other Honored Ones throughout history, male and female honored ones, whose names have been forgotten or left unsaid,"--is this just a longer way of saying, "everyone else"?

Gassho,
steve
ST/LaH

No, it is specifically to recognize the women as well as men, including the differently abled, who were unable to enter, were excluded from or never given full recognition as deserved within the male and able-body dominated Sangha in traditional Asia and elsewhere, as well as "everyone else" who contributed to the Dharma but just has been forgotten by history.

You can read a bit more about that here:

First Recital of the LINEAGE of DIFFERENTLY-ABLED ANCESTOR
https://www.treeleaf.org/forums/showthread.php?16649-First-Recital-of-the-LINEAGE-of-DIFFERENTLY-ABLED-ANCESTORS&p=234744&viewfull=1#post234744

Also here:

Next Book Club Selection: Zen Women by Grace Schireson
https://www.treeleaf.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?55-BEYOND-WORDS-LETTERS-BOOK-CLUB

It is not an attempt to be "PC," and merely recognizing folks who deserve recognition but were left behind.

Gassho, J

STLah

Heiso
09-07-2020, 11:59 AM
Thank you everyone, I am currently working my way through the zazenkai.

Gassho

Heiso
StLah

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Matt
09-07-2020, 01:23 PM
Sitting this now. Gassho, Matt

Meian
09-08-2020, 03:22 AM
Sitting in sections.

Gassho, meian st lh

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Kokuu
09-08-2020, 02:46 PM
Wonderful to sit with so many of you. What a beautiful beginning to Ango!

Gassho
Kokuu

Seishin
09-08-2020, 09:34 PM
Completed on Demand over last few days. Thank you everyone and Happy Ango.[monk]

Sat/lah

Kyōsen
09-11-2020, 08:12 PM
Got a later start on this than I would've liked (husband and I are on the tail end of moving) but it was very nice to sit with all of you and kick off this year's Ango!

Gassho
Kyōsen
Sat|LAH

Bokugan
09-12-2020, 04:09 PM
Just finished this morning -- thank you Jundo, Sekishi and everyone gassho2

Hope Ango is off to a good start for you all. This is my first ever, and though I am keeping it "simple" I am already getting a lot out of it as I focus on quality.

Gassho,

Ryan
Sat Today

Kaisho
09-12-2020, 10:19 PM
Thanks everyone for doing this Jukai and Ango with us. I just finished up the Zazenkai and wanted to say the Zydeco Hokey Pokey is an ancient tradition that must be maintained for its historic lineage and value. Loved it.

Gassho
Chelsea
Sat/lah

Sent from my SM-A205U using Tapatalk

Washin
09-13-2020, 05:07 AM
Just finished sitting this. Thank you everyone!
Thank you, Jundo, for a great talk!

Happy Ango to all gassho2

Gassho
Washin
stlah

Risho
09-13-2020, 03:01 PM
I love this talk every year - each time it just hits the target.

I don't always think of the ancestors when I chant them but, if it weren't for Nishijima Roshi (indirectly), I would have no practice at all. Much gratitude to him and you Jundo and all the ancestors.

And thank you Kyonin for your Ango reminder :) I really tend to go on the tighter/restrictive side of things which is a double-edged sword.

Thank you to the sangha for your practice - you help keep me going.

Gassho

Risho
-stlah