PDA

View Full Version : Floating Tea House

Seikan
08-28-2020, 03:52 PM
Hello friends!

We're currently making final preparations for another tea house opportunity, which we have named the "Floating Tea House" (credit to Meian for the wonderful name!). This tea house will be co-hosted by Meian, Hoseki, and myself, and we are tentatively planning to schedule it on the first and third Sunday of each month (so as not to conflict with the Grass Roof Tea House) at noon Eastern Standard/Daylight Time (i.e., New York time). The intent is to have a time that is generally more suitable for Sangha members across North and South America, but we certainly hope that friends from around the globe will join us as often as you can. :)

The goal is to host the first Floating Tea House on September 6. We'll see how this schedule works for others and may adjust if another day/time works better for a majority of folks.

We'll continue working with the admins to place this on the official calendar in the coming days, so please be patient while we iron out the final technical details.

We look forward to getting to know you all better in the coming weeks.

Gassho,
Rob

-stlah-

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Jundo
12-19-2021, 03:51 AM
Might I suggest that the hosts delete all old postings (except the OP post and the most recent post) each time? That will keep announcements from getting buried on page 4. If you wish, I will go ahead and do so, but any moderator here can do so as well.

Gassho, Jundo

Bokugan
12-19-2021, 09:20 PM
So wonderful to hang out with you all today [emoji120]

Have a nice week everyone!

Gassho,

Ryan

SatToday LaH

Jundo
12-20-2021, 06:28 AM
Okay, hoping that I made things better, not worse, I cleaned up the thread until the latest teahouse.

Might I suggest to Seisan that you update the information in your OP post to bring it current regarding the tea house time etc.?

Gassho, J

STLah

Jundo
12-21-2021, 01:24 AM
Thank you, Jundo -- this was a huge help! (For me, at least. [emoji4])

Gassho, meian stlh

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Let me ask Sekishi if we can make the Tea Hosts moderators of the Tea Houses, and then you guys can do the house cleaning each month. It is easy.

Gassho, Jundo

STLah

Meian
12-21-2021, 01:40 AM
Let me ask Sekishi if we can make the Tea Hosts moderators of the Tea Houses, and then you guys can do the house cleaning each month. It is easy.

Gassho, Jundo

STLah

Thank you.
Gassho2, meian stlh

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Sekishi
02-17-2022, 04:44 PM
The next Floating Tea House will meet this Sunday, FEBRUARY 20, 2022 at 12pm EST.

Please check the Calendar to find your local "time for tea" -- the Calendar link (https://www.treeleaf.org/now/#calendar) will automatically adjust to your correct time.

Thank you Meian!

Looking forward to the usual lively chat covering all aspects of life, the universe, and everything. [happy]

Gassho,
Sekishi
#sat #lah

Sekishi
02-17-2022, 04:47 PM
Incidentally, as the regulars know, Seikan has had to step away from hosting duties due to increased work and family time commitments. If anyone has any interest in stepping into the hosting role for this Tea House, please sit with it and maybe talk it over with the group this weekend. Or PM Meian or myself. gassho2

Thank you all for coming together to manifest Sangha.

Deep bows,
Sekishi
#sat #lah

Koushi
02-17-2022, 06:27 PM
Hey everyone! I have a Sunday shift at work this week so I won’t be able to attend; however, if no one volunteers during the tea house I’ll be happy to host moving forward (weekend shifts are rare for me, twice a quarter.)

Gassho,
Koushi
STLaH

Meian
04-28-2022, 08:49 PM
Hello Everyone

The next Floating Tea House will meet this Sunday, MAY 1, 2022 at 12pm EDT.

Please check the Calendar to find your local schedule -- the Calendar link (https://www.treeleaf.org/now/#calendar) will automatically adjust to your correct time.

Find our meeting room here: TREELEAF MEETING ROOM (https://www.treeleaf.org/now/go.php?l=meet)

Feel free to bring your favorite beverage and a snack if you like. :)

We look forward to seeing everyone this Sunday, May 1 -- All are welcome!

gassho,

Floating Tea House