PDA

View Full Version : Floating Tea House

Seikan
08-28-2020, 03:52 PM
Hello friends!

We're currently making final preparations for another tea house opportunity, which we have named the "Floating Tea House" (credit to Meian for the wonderful name!). This tea house will be co-hosted by Meian, Hoseki, and myself, and we are tentatively planning to schedule it on the first and third Sunday of each month (so as not to conflict with the Grass Roof Tea House) at noon Eastern Standard/Daylight Time (i.e., New York time). The intent is to have a time that is generally more suitable for Sangha members across North and South America, but we certainly hope that friends from around the globe will join us as often as you can. :)

The goal is to host the first Floating Tea House on September 6. We'll see how this schedule works for others and may adjust if another day/time works better for a majority of folks.

We'll continue working with the admins to place this on the official calendar in the coming days, so please be patient while we iron out the final technical details.

We look forward to getting to know you all better in the coming weeks.

Gassho,
Rob

-stlah-

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Kokuu
08-28-2020, 04:15 PM
we are tentatively planning to schedule it on the first and second Sunday of each month

Wonderful,Rob!

Do you mean the first and third Sunday as the Grass Roof Tea House is on the second and fourth?

We were going to move to weekly events during Ango but if you are running too that may well not be necessary.

Gassho
Kokuu
-sattoday/lah-

Jundo
08-28-2020, 04:20 PM
:encouragement:

Seikan
08-28-2020, 04:24 PM
Wonderful,Rob!

Do you mean the first and third Sunday as the Grass Roof Tea House is on the second and fourth?

We were going to move to weekly events during Ango but if you are running too that may well not be necessary.

Gassho
Kokuu
-sattoday/lah-Yes... sorry for the typo. I'll correct it in my post above. Thanks for the catch! :)

Gassho,
Rob

-stlah-

Kokuu
08-28-2020, 04:31 PM
Great name btw!

Gassho
Kokuu
-sattoday/lah-

Kaisho
08-29-2020, 12:02 AM
Thanks for pulling this together for us N and S Americans. I can get my Zs and hang with the sangha too.

Gassho
Lah/sat
Chelsea

Sent from my SM-A205U using Tapatalk

Nengei
08-29-2020, 12:19 AM
Outstanding. I will look forward to participating on Sundays when I am not working (I will be working on 6/9).

Gassho,
Nengei
Sat today. LAH.

Sekishi
08-29-2020, 12:23 AM
Very cool! Thank you for helping to manifest Sangha. gassho2

These are in the calendar now too. https://www.treeleaf.org/now/#calendar

Gassho,
Sekishi
#sat #lah

Geika
08-29-2020, 12:38 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wj70YoMNIg4

Gassho
Sat today, lah

Ryan-S
08-29-2020, 12:56 AM
Thank you Rob, Meian and Hoseki -- this is great news and a really good time of day for me on Sundays. I look forward to dropping in. Great name!

Gassho,

Ryan
SatToday

Tomás Sard
08-30-2020, 04:35 PM
Awesome! Will try to come :)

Gassho, Tomás
Sat

gaurdianaq
08-30-2020, 10:52 PM
I'll definitely be checking this out!

gassho1
Evan,
Sat today, lah

Meian
08-31-2020, 01:50 AM
gassho2, meian st lh

Seikan
08-31-2020, 02:35 AM
It's so wonderful to see so many folks interested in joining us! We look forward to getting to know all of you better. :)

Gassho,
Rob

-stlah-

Seikan
08-31-2020, 02:39 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wj70YoMNIg4

Gassho
Sat today, lah

Geika,

Those tea houses are amazing! Thank you for sharing. I now take that as a personal challenge to build something similar so that I can use it for hosting our floating tea house... :D

Gassho,
Rob

-stlah-

Jundo
08-31-2020, 03:19 AM
I first thought that you were gonna have a floating poker game in here. :p

Gassho, J

STLah

Eva
09-04-2020, 09:32 AM
Thank you for creating this Tea House!
I will note the date and time and will do my best to be there/here .

Gassho, eva
sattoday and also LAH

Meian
09-05-2020, 09:52 PM
Hi all,

[director]

Just a friendly reminder -- Floating Tea House will meet tomorrow --- Sunday, September 6, at 12:00 PM EST

12:00 PM EST
11:00 AM CST
10:00 AM MST
9:00 AM PST

[welcome]

And outlying regions from there: https://www.time.gov/

Soft beverages and some snacks if you choose -- starting with a few minutes of zazen, and light conversation to follow.

Hope to see you all (our North and South American friends, and all other countries who wish to visit as well!!) tomorrow!

Any questions, feel free to drop us a PM -- RobD, Hoseki, Meian. :encouragement:

gassho, meian st

Onka
09-06-2020, 05:16 AM
Wishing the Floating Tea House every success.
Gassho
Onka
Sat

filippo.dibari
09-06-2020, 01:08 PM
I will join - regards. Shogyo

Eva
09-06-2020, 05:58 PM
Thank you lovely Tea House Hosts and participants,
it was really lovely to see and hear you .
Looking forward to next time!

Gassho, eva
sattoday and also LAH

Sekishi
09-06-2020, 06:00 PM
Thank you lovely Tea House Hosts and participants,
it was really lovely to see and hear you .
Looking forward to next time!

Yes, this was really nice. Thank you everyone!

Gassho,
Sekishi
#sat #lah

Seikan
09-06-2020, 06:10 PM
Thank you so much everyone for joining us today. And special thank you to Sekishi for technical (bell) assistance as well as moral support. gassho1

The turnout was fantastic, and it was so wonderful to get to know everyone a little bit better beyond our avatars and forum posts. :)

As a reminder, the next Floating Tea House is scheduled for two weeks from today, Sunday the 20th, also at noon New York time. We hope to see most of the same faces as well as some new ones!

Gassho,
Rob

-stlah-

Tomás Sard
09-06-2020, 07:03 PM
It was great to get to know you all a bit better, wonderful initiative. See you next time.

Gassho, Tomás
Sat&LaH

Bion
09-06-2020, 07:07 PM
I can NOT believe I missed this! [emoji2361]
I’m so bad at this forum format... so many threads and post happening at the same time that I just can’t stay on top of it all. Hope to see you all in 2 weeks!

[emoji1374] SatToday lah

Meian
09-06-2020, 11:23 PM
Thank you, everyone, for coming today! And for those who couldn't attend -- it's okay! We're keeping this time and general format. [emoji4]

Special thanks to Sekishi for having the backup plan and keeping the tech real and rolling smoothly [emoji120][emoji106]

I enjoyed meeting everyone and learning what brought you all to Treeleaf. Impromptu subjects are amazing.

Sunday, September 20th, 12pm EDT is the next Floating Tea House meet-up. Hoping to see everyone back and more!

[emoji253][emoji323]

Gassho, meian st lh

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Shoka
09-07-2020, 12:29 AM
I can NOT believe I missed this! [emoji2361]
I’m so bad at this forum format... so many threads and post happening at the same time that I just can’t stay on top of it all. Hope to see you all in 2 weeks!

[emoji1374] SatToday lah

Jake,

You can download the calendar which will switch everything into your time zone.

Gassho,

Shoka
sat

Bion
09-07-2020, 09:22 AM
Jake,

You can download the calendar which will switch everything into your time zone.

Gassho,

Shoka
sat

Thank you! I know, I just forgot to check it because for some reason I ASSUMED there’s nothing on my time zone [emoji2361]

[emoji1374] SatToday

filippo.dibari
09-08-2020, 04:22 AM
Thanks for the opportunity to meet other Sangha members. Have a good rest of the week. Shogyo

Meian
09-16-2020, 02:44 PM
Hello everyone,

Floating Tea House reminder

Just a friendly reminder that this coming Sunday, September 20, at 12:00pm, Floating Tea House will meet again. [welcome]

All are welcome to bring a favorite soft beverage and snack if they wish. [rice]

We will begin with a brief period of zazen, followed by light discussion on the general season of Ango and/or related topics. [grouphug]

All are welcome, we hope to see everyone (and more!) on Sunday! If you go to the Calendar, it will show you the time in your time zone. =)

See you all at Floating Tea House on Sunday [wave]

Gassho2

RobD, Hoseki, meian, Sekishi (Grand Tech Wizard)
Floating Tea House

Seikan
09-18-2020, 08:54 PM
Hi Everyone,

I just wanted to give this thread a bump as another reminder about the Floating Tea House this Sunday (September 20) at Noon/12:00pm Eastern Time (New York time). As stated above in Meian's recent post, the tea house is listed in the Treeleaf calendar, and the time should auto-adjust for your time zone. :)

The tea house will be "open" until 12:50pm, so please consider joining us for the full 50 minutes or even just a portion of the time if you simply want to stop by to say, "Hello!"

We look forward to seeing you all on Sunday!

Gassho,
Rob

-stlah-

Seikan
09-20-2020, 05:12 PM
Thank you to everyone that joined us for "tea" today! It was another wonderful (and timely) discussion about practice and life. I'm so grateful to have this opportunity to converse and share in real time with you all, and hope that you all had a good time as well.

And I always feel that I talk too much myself, so I promise to yield the moderation duties to Hoseki or Meian next time. :)

Gassho,
Rob

-stlah-

Kaisho
09-20-2020, 05:33 PM
Thank you for holding the space. I am glad to have tuned in and saw some of our Sangha over the interwebs.

Gassho
Chelsea
Sat

Bion
09-20-2020, 05:41 PM
Thank you for holding the space. I am glad to have tuned in and saw some of our Sangha over the interwebs.

Gassho
Chelsea
Sat

Next time, please shut us all up and chime in [emoji3526] Lovely seeing you!

[emoji1374] SatToday lah

Tomás Sard
09-20-2020, 05:47 PM
Thank you to everyone that joined us for "tea" today! It was another wonderful (and timely) discussion about practice and life. I'm so grateful to have this opportunity to converse and share in real time with you all, and hope that you all had a good time as well.

And I always feel that I talk too much myself, so I promise to yield the moderation duties to Hoseki or Meian next time. :)

Gassho,
Rob

-stlah-

Thanks Rob, and thanks everyone. It was an especially helpful Teahouse for me, since you all spent time helping out this newbie with zazen posture. Much wisdom and much friendliness, wonderful:D

Gassho, Tomás
Sat&LaH

Eva
09-20-2020, 06:21 PM
I think Sunday at the Teahouse will become easily my favorite activity :)

Thank you everyone, it was wonderful discussion with all of you .

Gassho,
eva
sattoday and LAH

Naiko
09-20-2020, 09:50 PM
I am sorry to have missed today's tea. I hope to join you all next time,
Gashho,
Krista
st/lah

Seikan
10-01-2020, 03:51 AM
Hello Everyone!

Just another friendly reminder that the next Floating Tea House is scheduled for this Sunday, October 4, at Noon/12:00pm Eastern Time (New York time).

Please join us for a quick five minutes of Zazen followed by an open period of discussion. These Tea Houses are a wonderful way to get to know each other better and further build our Sangha. :)

If you have any questions, please post here or feel free to PM Meian, Hoseki, or myself.

Gassho,
Rob

-stlah-

Ryan-S
10-03-2020, 01:53 PM
I hope to be there again. Thank you all for coordinating these! I'm with Eva, definitely becoming a favorite activity of mine.
[emoji120]

Gassho

Ryan
Sat Today

Bion
10-03-2020, 02:17 PM
Hello Everyone!

Just another friendly reminder that the next Floating Tea House is scheduled for this Sunday, October 4, at Noon/12:00pm Eastern Time (New York time).

Please join us for a quick five minutes of Zazen followed by an open period of discussion. These Tea Houses are a wonderful way to get to know each other better and further build our Sangha. :)

If you have any questions, please post here or feel free to PM Meian, Hoseki, or myself.

Gassho,
Rob

-stlah-

Hey Siri (aka Rob) Remind me of this tomorrow [emoji1787]

Eva
10-03-2020, 04:42 PM
Hello Everyone!

Gassho,
Rob

-stlah-

I hope to be there with you all :)
Gassho, eva
sattoday and LAH

Seikan
10-04-2020, 05:17 PM
Thank you all that joined us today for another engaging (and timely!) discussion. Sometimes I wish we could talk for hours, but I know that we all have other lives we have to get back to. ;)

Looking forward to the next Floating Tea House in two weeks. Until then, wishing you all the very best. gassho2

Gassho,
Rob

-stlah-

Kokuu
10-04-2020, 05:18 PM
Lovely meeting! Thank you all.

Gassho
Kokuu
-sattoday-

Bion
10-04-2020, 05:54 PM
Lovely meeting! Thank you all.

Gassho
Kokuu
-sattoday-

Lovely finally meeting you! Thanks for the nice chat!

[emoji1374] SatToday [emoji3526]

Meian
10-04-2020, 10:27 PM
Thanks everyone -- great discussion today!

And guess what -- I got my camera working [emoji38] (Right before Tonglen, thanks to Sekishi's excellent instructions.)

So next time I can talk less and listen more. See all of you and more in two weeks! [emoji854][emoji120]

Gassho2, meian st

Bion
10-05-2020, 09:08 AM
Thanks everyone -- great discussion today!

And guess what -- I got my camera working [emoji38] (Right before Tonglen, thanks to Sekishi's excellent instructions.)

So next time I can talk less and listen more. See all of you and more in two weeks! [emoji854][emoji120]

Gassho2, meian st

Yay for you fixing the camera! [emoji1]

[emoji1374] SatToday

Meian
10-15-2020, 03:01 PM
Hello all,

A small reminder that Floating Tea House will meet this Sunday, October 18, from 12pm to 1pm EST. [wave]

You can find your local time zone for Floating Tea House at the Calendar link (https://www.treeleaf.org/now/#calendar) as follows: https://www.treeleaf.org/now/#calendar

Feel free to bring a soft beverage of your choice, and/or any light snacks. :D

We will have light moderated discussion and general light conversation. All are welcome, please feel free to join us! [encouragement]

gassho2,

Hoseki, RobD, meian -- and Sekishi the Tech Wizard =)

Seikan
10-18-2020, 06:36 PM
A heartfelt "Thank You!" to all that joined us for tea today. gassho2

As always, the conversation was engaging and very enjoyable.

Please let us know if there are other topics/themes that you would like to consider for future tea house dates. Of course, like always, the conversation evolves in whatever direction it needs to. It's very organic... ;)

The main goal here is to cultivate greater connections and friendships within the Sangha. Simply getting together in real time like we do makes me so happy. :)

Gassho,
Rob

-stlah-

Shokai
10-18-2020, 06:48 PM
Thank you, I was glad to be able to pop in for a short time.

Gassho, Shokai
stlah

Ryan-S
10-18-2020, 07:12 PM
Thank you for making this possible everyone! I really look forward to these.

Shokai, thank you for sharing your thoughts on Ango [emoji120]

Gassho,

Ryan
Sat Today

Sekishi
10-18-2020, 07:20 PM
Thank you all for sharing. gassho2

Gassho,
Sekishi
#sat

Bion
10-18-2020, 10:27 PM
THANKS for having me there with you all!

[emoji1374] SatToday

Yokai
10-19-2020, 01:53 AM
Hi all,

Due to the wonder of gobal time shifts, I see the tearoom is floating to 6am Mondays in New Zealand!

I hope to join you...:encouragement:

Gassho, Chris satlah

Seikan
10-19-2020, 03:03 AM
Hi all,

Due to the wonder of gobal time shifts, I see the tearoom is floating to 6am Mondays in New Zealand!

I hope to join you...:encouragement:

Gassho, Chris satlah

Chris, that would be awesome if you can join us next time. Are you really 18 hours ahead? Wow. I thought it was more like 14. I love how the global nature of our Sangha makes time seem almost non-existent (or at least extremely elastic). ;)

Gassho,
Rob

-stlah-

Bion
10-19-2020, 09:25 AM
Chris, that would be awesome if you can join us next time. Are you really 18 hours ahead? Wow. I thought it was more like 14. I love how the global nature of our Sangha makes time seem almost non-existent (or at least extremely elastic). ;)

Gassho,
Rob

-stlah-

I’ll be shifting times soon as well [emoji1]

[emoji1374] SatToday

Meian
10-29-2020, 04:16 PM
Hello all,

A small reminder that Floating Tea House will meet this Sunday, November 1st, from 12pm to 1pm EST.

You can find your local time zone for Floating Tea House at the Calendar link as follows: https://www.treeleaf.org/now/#calendar (especially with Daylight Savings Time ending in much of the USA!)

Feel free to bring a soft beverage of your choice, and/or any light snacks.

We will have light moderated discussion and general light conversation. All are welcome, please feel free to join us! [encouragement]

This Sunday will be hosted by RobD and Hoseki, along with Sekishi the Tech Wizard :) (I will be away on Sunday.)

gassho1,

Floating Tea House

Hoseki
10-31-2020, 11:04 AM
Hi everyone,

This is just a reminder about the Tea House tomorrow. Feel free to stop by.

Date: Sunday, November 1st, from 12pm to 1pm EST.

You can find your local time zone for Floating Tea House at the Calendar link as follows: https://www.treeleaf.org/now/#calendar (I think I did this right)

Gassho,

Hoseki
Sattoday

Seikan
11-01-2020, 09:42 PM
Thank you to all that joined us today for Tea. It was another great discussion, and I enjoyed every moment.

Our next Floating Tea House is scheduled for Sunday, November 15 at 12:00pm (noon) Eastern Standard Time (New York time). We hope that you can join us!

Gassho,
Rob

-stlah-

Meian
11-12-2020, 10:53 PM
Hiya Leafers! :TL: [wave]

A small reminder that Floating Tea House will meet this Sunday, November 15th, from 12pm to 1pm EST.

You can find your local time zone for Floating Tea House at the Calendar link as follows: https://www.treeleaf.org/now/#calendar (https://www.treeleaf.org/now/#calendar).

We will have light moderated discussion and general light conversation. All are welcome, please feel free to join us! [hi5]

This Sunday will be hosted by RobD, Hoseki, (and me) and Sekishi the Tech Wizard.

gassho1,

Floating Tea House

Ryan-S
11-13-2020, 12:25 AM
Looking forward to it! I'm pretty sure I can make this one.

Gassho

Ryan
Sat Today

Tomás Sard
11-15-2020, 06:35 PM
Great to talk to all of you today, thank you for sharing this time and space togethergassho2

Gassho, Tomás
Sat&LaH

Seikan
11-15-2020, 06:40 PM
Thank you all that joined us today. It was a particularly engaging discussion this week. I really appreciate all of the different perspectives that everyone brings to the discussion as I continue to learn so much from all of you. gassho2

As a reminder, our next Floating Tea House is scheduled for THREE weeks from today on Sunday, December 6 (there's a 5th Sunday in November that affects our schedule for this month). Hope to see many of you then!

Gassho,
Rob

-stlah-

Ryan-S
11-15-2020, 08:52 PM
Great to talk to all of you today, thank you for sharing this time and space togethergassho2

Gassho, Tomás
Sat&LaH

Yes, thank you all gassho2

I know I often do not say much, but I deeply enjoy the conversations. Hope to see you all again next time around.

Gassho,

Ryan
Sat Today

Tomás Sard
11-15-2020, 09:11 PM
Yes, thank you all gassho2

I know I often do not say much, but I deeply enjoy the conversations. Hope to see you all again next time around.

Gassho,

Ryan
Sat Today

Much to learn from you, I have a hard time keeping my mouth shut! gassho2

Gassho, Tomás
Sat&LaH

Ryan-S
11-15-2020, 10:07 PM
Much to learn from you, I have a hard time keeping my mouth shut! gassho2

Gassho, Tomás
Sat&LaHI really enjoyed your contributions to the conversation! [emoji120] It was good to see you there [emoji846]

Gassho
Ryan
Sat Today

Sekishi
11-18-2020, 06:32 PM
As a reminder, our next Floating Tea House is scheduled for THREE weeks from today on Sunday, December 6 (there's a 5th Sunday in November that affects our schedule for this month). Hope to see many of you then!

Sunday, December 6 is the second day of our Rohatsu retreat... Do you want to skip this one, or postpone until the next weekend?

Gassho,
Sekishi
#sat #lah

Seikan
11-18-2020, 06:48 PM
Sunday, December 6 is the second day of our Rohatsu retreat... Do you want to skip this one, or postpone until the next weekend?

Gassho,
Sekishi
#sat #lah

Ah! Good point. Either option works for me.

Assuming that the following weekend may conflict (for some) with the Grass Roof Tea House, I wonder if it would be better to just skip the first instance of the Floating Tea House for December and keep our second date on Dec 20.

What do others think?

Gassho,
Rob

-stlah-

Meian
11-18-2020, 08:09 PM
If it's okay with others, I would prefer to keep it on Dec 20 -- I have it down in my calendar already, and December is already quite packed.

Kind of a selfish reason, I suppose .....

gassho, meian st

Ryan-S
11-18-2020, 10:19 PM
Coming from a guest - - I'm in the same boat as Meian and just sticking with the December 20th is good for me [emoji846]

Gassho
Ryan
Sat Today

Meian
12-16-2020, 10:52 PM
Hello everyone,

It's been a few weeks!

Floating Tea House will meet this Sunday, December 20, from 12pm to 1pm EST.

You can find your local time zone for Floating Tea House at the Calendar link as follows: https://www.treeleaf.org/now/#calendar (https://www.treeleaf.org/now/#calendar).

We will have light moderated discussion, and probably a strange question or two from meian. All are welcome, please feel free to join us! [hi5]

gassho1,

Floating Tea House

Seikan
12-19-2020, 10:46 PM
Hi Everyone!

Just another quick reminder that the Floating Tea House is happening tomorrow/Sunday, December 20, at 12:00pm/noon Eastern (New York) time. You can find the link to the meeting room in the Treeleaf Now online calendar page.

Please join us for an hour of conversation and friendship. And don't forget to bring your own tea, etc. The beverage service is still very slow due to geographic distances. ;)

Gassho,
Rob

-stlah-

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk

Koushi
12-19-2020, 11:43 PM
Hi Everyone!

Just another quick reminder that the Floating Tea House is happening tomorrow/Sunday, December 20, at 12:00pm/noon Eastern (New York) time. You can find the link to the meeting room in the Treeleaf Now online calendar page.

Please join us for an hour of conversation and friendship. And don't forget to bring your own tea, etc. The beverage service is still very slow due to geographic distances. ;)

Gassho,
Rob

-stlah-

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk

Barring anything unforeseen I’ll see you all there gassho1

Gassho,
Jesse
ST

Yokai
12-20-2020, 06:28 PM
Awesome to spend time with you all. Wow, such an interesting (and fun) discussion - I was mesmerized - so much to take away!gassho1

Thanks Rob and Sekishi for running it. So valuable.

See you on the zafu...

Gassho, Chris sat(not lah yet!)

Bion
12-20-2020, 06:33 PM
Awesome to spend time with you all. Wow, such an interesting (and fun) discussion - I was mesmerized - so much to take away!gassho1

See you on the zafu...

Gassho, Chris sat(not lah yet!)

Having you there was a TREAT [emoji1] Thanks, friend!

[emoji1374] SatToday lah

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sekishi
12-20-2020, 06:40 PM

Oh Rob, Meian, and Hoseki keep this train on the tracks. I just show up and talk too much. :D

Thank you all for coming together to share. It is a lovely opportunity to manifest Sangha.

Deep bows,
Sekishi
#sat

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Koushi
12-20-2020, 06:56 PM
Thank you all for coming together to share. It is a lovely opportunity to manifest Sangha.

Deep bows,
Sekishi

What he said ^ gassho1

Gassho,
Jesse
ST

Tomás Sard
12-20-2020, 07:00 PM
Thank you all, nice to hear different perspectives on thinggassho2

Gassho, Tomás
Sat&LaH

Seikan
12-20-2020, 08:00 PM
Thank you all so much for joining us today! It was great to have a mix of new folks and "regulars" with everyone participating in the lively discussion.

Treeleaf offers so many great benefits, but it is these sort of "live" opportunities that represent such a special opportunity (for me anyway) to come together in real time as a Sangha and practice, share, learn, and simply be together. I'm truly grateful to be able to share this time and practice with each and every one of you.

gassho1

Deepest bows,
Rob

-stlah-

PeaceMan
12-20-2020, 09:08 PM
Thanks to those who organized and for the warm welcome by all. I have only been here a short time and already appreciate the wisdom and companionship of the community.

Koushi
12-20-2020, 09:25 PM
Thanks to those who organized and for the warm welcome by all. I have only been here a short time and already appreciate the wisdom and companionship of the community.

It was wonderful to meet and have you here Jon! gassho1

Jesse
ST

Bion
12-20-2020, 09:38 PM

Great having you John!! Hope to see you again [emoji3526]

[emoji1374] SatToday lah

Yokai
12-20-2020, 09:59 PM
Great to meet you Jon! gassho1. It was really interesting to listen to your insights.

Gassho, Chris satlah

Meian
12-31-2020, 06:41 PM
Hi all,

Floating Tea House will meet this Sunday, JANUARY 3, 2021, from 12pm to 1pm EST. [claps]

We look forward to seeing "old regulars" and "new newcomers" join us in the Tea House. :encouragement:

We will have light moderated discussion, for the beginning of 2021. All are welcome, please feel free to join us! [wave]

gassho1,

Floating Tea House :TL:

Koushi
12-31-2020, 07:27 PM
Hi all,

Floating Tea House will meet this Sunday, JANUARY 3, 2021, from 12pm to 1pm EST. [claps]

We look forward to seeing "old regulars" and "new newcomers" join us in the Tea House. :encouragement:

We will have light moderated discussion, for the beginning of 2021. All are welcome, please feel free to join us! [wave]

gassho1,

Looking forward to it!

Gassho,
Jesse
ST

Ryan-S
12-31-2020, 10:25 PM
Hope to be there again this time around! Always enjoy the conversations [emoji120]

Gassho,

Ryan
Sat Today

Yokai
01-01-2021, 06:26 AM
:encouragement:

Gassho, Chris satlah

Seikan
01-02-2021, 04:57 PM
Hi Everyone!

Just wanted to post another friendly reminder that the Floating Tea House is happening tomorrow/Sunday, January 3, at 12:00 pm/noon Eastern (New York) time. You can find the link to the meeting room in the Treeleaf Now online calendar page.

It is always quite interesting to see where the conversation takes us throughout the hour. ;)

See you all there!

Gassho,
Rob

Yokai
01-03-2021, 06:38 PM
Awesome to spend time with you all. It's a real pleasure day or night. You guys are SO worth it!

If any of you ever want to connect up informally just PM me the best way.

'Til next time...

Gassho, Chris

Bion
01-03-2021, 06:42 PM
Awesome to spend time with you all. It's a pleasure and an honor, day or night. You guys are SO worth it!

See you next time

Gassho, Chris

Our favorite hawk! [emoji1]

[emoji1374] SatToday

Shokon
01-03-2021, 06:50 PM
It was nice joining you all today - will look forward to next time. My wife can attest that I'm not normally that quiet - she'd tell you to enjoy it while you can...

Meian
01-15-2021, 03:01 AM
Hi all,

Floating Tea House will meet this Sunday, JANUARY 17, 2021, at 12pm -- or right after the Jukai celebration. [claps]

You can find your local time zone for Floating Tea House at the Calendar link as follows: https://www.treeleaf.org/now/#calendar (https://www.treeleaf.org/now/#calendar)

New Jukai-ee's --- "Jukai-curious" --- newcomers to Treeleaf --- longtime members --- All are welcome, please feel free to join us! [wave]

gassho1,

Koushi
01-15-2021, 04:09 AM
Hi all,

Floating Tea House will meet this Sunday, JANUARY 17, 2021, at 12pm -- or right after the Jukai celebration. [claps]

You can find your local time zone for Floating Tea House at the Calendar link as follows: https://www.treeleaf.org/now/#calendar (https://www.treeleaf.org/now/#calendar)

New Jukai-ee's --- "Jukai-curious" --- newcomers to Treeleaf --- longtime members --- All are welcome, please feel free to join us! [wave]

gassho1,

Looking forward to it :)

Gassho,
Jesse
ST

Shade
01-15-2021, 08:00 PM
I'll be there!

Gassho,

Shade

ST

Bion
01-16-2021, 12:13 AM
I'll be there!

Gassho,

Shade

ST

Awesome! [emoji1]

[emoji1374] SatToday lah

Jundo
01-16-2021, 12:14 AM
Jukai "after-party," huh? :encouragement:

Gassho, Jundo

STLah

Bion
01-16-2021, 03:31 AM

Gassho, Jundo

STLah

You know it!!! [emoji1] We never even considered not having it..

[emoji1374] SatToday

Seikan
01-16-2021, 03:43 AM

Gassho, Jundo

STLah

Yes sir! There may even be cake... Well, maybe. Depends on how fast the mail is. :D

Gassho,
Rob

-stlah-

Yokai
01-17-2021, 06:16 PM
As always, really great to share with you all!

I need to go check out Jake's Jukai outfit [morehappy]

Gassho, Yokai (Chris) sat/off to lend a hand...

Bion
01-17-2021, 07:35 PM
As always, really great to share with you all!

I need to go check out Jake's Jukai outfit [morehappy]

Gassho, Yokai (Chris) sat/off to lend a hand...

Treason!!!! [emoji1]

[emoji1374] SatToday lah

Ryan-S
01-17-2021, 08:18 PM
Great to hang with some of you today!

Gassho,

Ryan
Sat Today

Meian
02-04-2021, 01:39 PM
Hello!

Floating Tea House will meet this Sunday, FEBRUARY 7, 2021, at 12pm EST. [wave]

Feel free to bring a soft beverage of your choice, and/or any light snacks. [coffee]

gassho2,

Floating Tea House Leafers

Shokai
02-05-2021, 01:00 AM
Just a suggestion, you may want to bring a stronger drink, say wine for instance. If you do, put it in a coffee cup and blow on it once in a while so others will think you are cooling your hot drink. [scared]:D

gassho, Shokai
stlah

Seikan
02-05-2021, 01:35 AM
Just a suggestion, you may want to bring a stronger drink, say wine for instance. If you do, put it in a coffee cup and blow on it once in a while so others will think you are cooling your hot drink. [scared]:D

gassho, Shokai
stlah

[scared]

Note to self: Next time Shokai joins us for Tea House, keep a close eye on his beverage... ;)

Gassho,
Seikan

-stlah-

Soka
02-07-2021, 07:14 PM
Not sure where the best place for this is, but as discussed during the Tea House today, the BBC documentary which covered a bit about whether Jesus could have been a Buddhist Monk (the relevant part starts around 40 minutes in):

https://youtu.be/xY0Ib3aPG6Y?t=2363

And also for those interested in comparative religion, with respect to Christianity:
https://youtu.be/dcrygSAqfj4?t=932

Edit: These are posted as part of a conversation which touched on comparative religion, rather than being presented here as authoritative or factually accurate. Please see Jundo's post below, which points out a couple of the issues.

Gassho
Phill /Sōka
sat

Shokai
02-07-2021, 08:53 PM
Note to self: Next time Shokai joins us for Tea House, keep a close eye on his beverage... [scared]:D:D

gassho, Shokai

stlah

Meian
02-07-2021, 11:00 PM
Thank you for posting, Soka -- and thank you to everyone for attending today. What a fascinating and varied discussion!

Some new faces also (at least for me 8) )

Hope to see everyone (and more!) again next time! Animals (and birds!) always welcome with their human companions :D

gassho, meian st lh

GrasshopperMan17
02-08-2021, 12:28 AM
It was nice to meet y'all :) had a good time chatting with you guys about things related to Buddhism. Very stimulating conversation gassho1

Gassho, John
ST/LAH

Koushi
02-08-2021, 01:01 AM
It was wonderful seeing everyone again, always love our free flowing discussions at the tea/tree house :)

Until next time,
Gassho,
Koushi
ST

Bion
02-08-2021, 01:21 AM
It was nice to meet y'all :) had a good time chatting with you guys about things related to Buddhism. Very stimulating conversation gassho1

Gassho, John
ST/LAH

Great getting to chat with you John! [emoji3526] Hope work on the deck is going well!

[emoji1374] SatToday lah

Jundo
02-08-2021, 01:41 AM
I need to step in for a second. That BBC "documentary" seems to cite incredibly suspect sources without any mention that they are suspect.

For example:

The Unknown Life of Jesus Christ by Nicolas Notovitch

Widely believed to be a fake. Whether it is or not is open for debate, perhaps, but the "documentary" simply fails to mention that the vast majority of scholars do not take it seriously. At best, certain Manichaean Christians did travel up and down the Silk Road, and it is possible that some Christian stories ended up translated into Tibetan, but this would still have happened centuries AFTER the death of Jesus.

The Kuki People of India as the "Lost Tribe"

The story about the Kuki is kooky! At best, they seem to have become "Jewish" in very recent decades when they realized that there was a good market for it and tourism. Likewise for the "Lost Tribe" in Kashmir, who needed something more to sell than sweaters.

There is actually something like this in Japan, and one Japanese family friend is so far down the rabbit hole that he bombards me whenever I see him with the question about whether the Japanese are the "Lost tribe." Evidence is ridiculously suspect, such as his claim that the Arc of the Covenant (aka Raiders of the Lost Arc) ...

https://i.swncdn.com/media/800w/cms/BST/71847-ark-of-the-covenant.1200w.tn.jpg

... is the source of the Japanese Shinto "Mikoshi" ...

https://japantoday-asset.scdn3.secure.raxcdn.com/img/store/61/83/8fb40f8665ef7e6760b063d42ff5a0b56d2f/mikoshis.jpg

The answer: No, no it is not.

Gassho, J

STLah

GrasshopperMan17
02-08-2021, 02:17 AM
Thank you Jundo. I dont remember the subject of jesus being a buddhist monk come up in todays discussion, and i dont really buy in to the idea, although i did posit that Jesus may have had contact with, if not studied under, the Essene commune in his youth, which supposedly partially consisted of jewish scholars who studied Buddhism as well as Buddhist Jews, which may have contributed to the extremely similar teachings and parables of Jesus and the Buddha.

Gassho, John
ST/LAH

GrasshopperMan17
02-08-2021, 02:20 AM
By the way, i remembered the word i was looking for during this mornings talk, although the meaning was slightly different to what i understood it to be. The word was samadhi.

Gassho, John
ST/LAH

Yokai
02-08-2021, 03:11 AM
Thank you Tea House buddies. Great to be with you all for another free-ranging discussion from Buddhism to vegetarian hair loss [morehappy]

Until next time...gassho1

Gassho, Yokai (Chris) sat/lah

Koushi
02-08-2021, 03:15 AM
Thank you Tea House buddies. Great to be with you all for another free-ranging discussion from Buddhism to vegetarian hair loss [morehappy]

Until next time...gassho1

It's a thing! :D https://veganhealth.org/hair-loss/

It's OK though, I don't mind the bald look, I have a decently shaped head for it. HHDL has the same hairline :)

Gassho,
Koushi
ST

Meian
02-19-2021, 02:49 AM
Howdy!

Floating Tea House will meet this Sunday, FEBRUARY 21, 2021, at 12pm EST. [wave]

Feel free to bring a ...... beverage of your choice, and/or any light snacks. [morehappy]

gassho2,

Yokai
02-19-2021, 03:46 AM
Thanks Meian

Yay! Count me in. Mmm...is 6am too early for an in vogue London Fog? [morehappy]

Shade
02-20-2021, 03:01 AM
I'll be there!

Gassho,

Shade

ST

Ryan-S
02-20-2021, 03:03 AM
Looking forward to hanging with you all again. I should be there [emoji120]

Gassho,

Ryan
SatToday

Koushi
02-21-2021, 07:08 PM
"We can prove to ourselves that perception is artificial and personal by remembering how often people disagree about the beauty or ugliness, deliciousness or distastefulness, pleasantness or unpleasantness, of a particular work of art, architectural style, item of clothing, type of food, or musical composition."

"Moreover, opinions often vary over time and space, from decade to decade, from country to country, and from earlier points in our life to later ones. For instance, we might have disliked classical music when we were younger, but now it is our favorite. Our perceptions also change according to circumstances. Yellow roses might look very beautiful when we see them in a summer garden, but seem unpleasant or even cause us pain when we see them at the funeral of a friend. In the same way, when we are ill, foods that we enjoyed on many occasions might seem disgusting or repulsive."

~ Bhante Gunaratana, "Meditation on Perception: Ten Healing Practices to Cultivate Mindfulness"

Gassho,
Koushi
ST

Yokai
02-21-2021, 07:35 PM
Thanks everyone for a very interesting tea house. It's a pleasure to be with you all.

Nice quote Koushi [morehappy]

Gassho, Yokai sat/lah

Meian
02-21-2021, 09:55 PM
Today's Teahouse was awesome -- total nerd playground [emoji16] Great to see you all there. I have more exploring to do after today's discussions. [emoji57][emoji851]

Gassho, meian st lh

Shade
02-21-2021, 10:16 PM
It was great to see everyone again. Now I want to watch the film Dark Water again :D. See you all around Treeleaf!

Gassho,

Shade

ST

Bion
02-21-2021, 10:55 PM
It was great to see everyone again. Now I want to watch the film Dark Water again :D. See you all around Treeleaf!

Gassho,

Shade

ST

But the Japanese version, right?! [emoji1]

[emoji1374] SatToday lah

Shade
02-22-2021, 02:24 AM
But the Japanese version, right?! [emoji1]

[emoji1374] SatToday lah

Absolutely! I won't go near the American version...:nightmare:

Gassho,

Shade

ST

GrasshopperMan17
02-22-2021, 03:56 AM
i missed you all today! i am currently dealing with a bad ear infection and needed some extra sleep this morning. hope to catch y'all next time!

Gassho, John
ST/LAH

Yokai
02-22-2021, 05:45 AM
Metta to you John. Hope you mend quickly.

See you next time [morehappy]

Meian
03-05-2021, 02:01 AM
Ahoy All! =)

Floating Tea House will meet this Sunday, MARCH 7, 2021, at 12pm EST. [wave]

Feel free to bring ..... beverage / snack / animal / small child(ren) / friendly humans of your choice. [morehappy]

We look forward to seeing "old Leafers" and "new Leafers" join us in the Tea House. :encouragement:

Topics? Your guess is as good as ours! [claps]

gassho2,

Seikan
03-07-2021, 10:14 PM
Thank you all for another wonderful and engaging discussion today. I think it was Heraclitus who said, "One can never have the same tea house discussion twice." :D

Each time we meet is a truly unique experience. I'm very grateful for this community that we have. gassho1

Gassho,
Seikan

-stlah-

Yokai
03-07-2021, 11:11 PM
Apologies folks...I was soooooooo tired! Had to get some zzzzzzzs

Sure you had fun anywho. Next time...

Gassho, Yokai sat/lah

Koushi
03-08-2021, 12:02 AM
It was great to see everyone again today! Apologies for not saying much, but, as Kodo Sawaki Roshi said; "Dogen Zenji’s is a religion of practice. Dogen goes so far as to say there is no benefit in recitation with the mouth. In the Bendowa, Dogen wrote: “Continuously uttering sounds is like a frog crying in the night in a spring rice paddy and is ultimately worthless.”"

So this was a day I didn't make many sounds (but I would go so far as to say crying frogs make beautiful sounds and isn't worthless at all :) )

Gassho,
Koushi,
ST/LaH

GrasshopperMan17
03-08-2021, 02:50 AM
Had a good time talking with y'all! The deck is really close to being done, and when it is I'll be able to stay longer

Gassho, John
ST/LAH

Ryan-S
03-08-2021, 12:59 PM
I always look forward to these. We missed you, Yokai!

I was super low on sleep, so apologies if I was out of it (and for leaving abruptly, hope that wasn't rude!).

Thank you all for sharing [emoji120]

Gassho,
Ryan
Sat Today

GrasshopperMan17
03-08-2021, 06:42 PM
Yeah, we missed you Yokai! Hope you got some good rest. See you next time hopefully!

Gassho, John
Sat/Lent

Meian
03-19-2021, 09:35 AM
Hello Everyone --

I apologize for the short notice --

Floating Tea House will meet this Sunday, MARCH 21, 2021, at 12pm EST. [wave]

We look forward to seeing "old Leafers" and "new Leafers" join us in the Tea House. :encouragement:

Topics? Bring a few! [claps]

gassho2,

Ryan-S
03-20-2021, 12:38 PM
Hello Everyone --

I apologize for the short notice --

Floating Tea House will meet this Sunday, MARCH 21, 2021, at 12pm EST. [wave]

Topics? Bring a few! [claps]

gassho2,

Floating Tea House LeafersThank you for the reminder, Meian! I plan to pop by for a bit.

Gassho,

Ryan
Sat+LAH

Koushi
03-21-2021, 08:08 PM
Was wonderful seeing and chatting with everyone again! Always leave with a lot to think about :)

See you all around,
Gassho,
Koushi
STLaH

Seikan
03-22-2021, 12:30 AM
Great tea house today everyone! As usual, we touched on so many varied topics that there was never a dull moment. :)

Gassho,
Seikan

-stlah-

GrasshopperMan17
03-22-2021, 03:47 AM
had a good time chatting with you guys! i made tea today using the advice i was given (i forgot by whom), and it was much less bitter! thank you!

Gassho, John
ST/LAH

Bion
03-22-2021, 12:06 PM
had a good time chatting with you guys! i made tea today using the advice i was given (i forgot by whom), and it was much less bitter! thank you!

Gassho, John
ST/LAH

Happy you made better tea [emoji1]Next one will be even better .. [emoji1]

[emoji1374] SatToday

Shade
03-22-2021, 04:39 PM
It was great to see everyone again! Good conversations and we went on a nature hike. I hope you all are doing well.

Gassho,

Shade

ST

Meian
04-02-2021, 01:04 PM
Hello Leafers "old" and "new" --

Floating Tea House will meet this Sunday, APRIL 4, 2021, at 12pm EST.

(Anyone who has not had or does not have Daylight Savings Time -- please check the calendar!)

We look forward to seeing "old Leafers" and "new Leafers" join us in the Tea House. [welcome][jedi]

Side note -- BYOB = "Bring Your Own Beverage!!" =)

Shade
04-03-2021, 03:41 AM
See you guys there! [claps]

Gassho,

Shade

ST

Ryan-S
04-03-2021, 12:43 PM
Hoping to make it! Not sure what my day is going to be like tomorrow just yet. As always, thank you for the reminder Meian!

Gassho,

Ryan
SatToday

Seikan
04-04-2021, 09:44 PM
Thank you all who joined us earlier today. It was a particularly "energetic" discussion at times, which was quite enjoyable!

For anyone wondering what goes on at these crazy gatherings, today we spent quite a bit of time discussing music (loosely centered on the form/formlessness of Grateful Dead improvisational jams), COVID/vaccine-related topics (how can we not these days?), and the benefits and joys of dwelling in the mountains. I'm forgetting some topics for sure, but these represent what I remember from when my zoom connection wasn't freezing up. :D

Special thanks to Kirk (Ryumon) for postponing his dinner a bit in order to join us today. ;)

Hope to see you all (and others) at the next Floating Tea House in two weeks!

Gassho,
Seikan

-stlah-

Koushi
04-05-2021, 02:33 AM
It was great seeing everyone today — and especially Ryumon for going hungry a bit to chat! Apologies for the post-vaccine breathlessness and angry faces (it wasn't the Grateful Dead talk, I swear!) :).

See everyone around again soon!

Gassho,
Koushi
STLaH

Ryumon
04-05-2021, 12:10 PM
It was great to meet a bunch of Treeleafers on the other side of the pond. And we had a group where 28% of those attending were wearing Grateful Dead t-shirts.

Gassho,

Ryūmon

sat

Bion
04-05-2021, 09:35 PM
It was great to meet a bunch of Treeleafers on the other side of the pond. And we had a group where 28% of those attending were wearing Grateful Dead t-shirts.

Gassho,

Ryūmon

sat

The exact percentage just kills me! [emoji23] [emoji23]

[emoji1374]SatToday lah

Shade
04-06-2021, 02:43 AM
I love that our Buddhist Sangha social time temporarily turned into proselytizing for the Grateful Dead, and not Buddhism...:D

I'm already looking forward to the next one!

Gassho,

Shade

ST

Hoseki
04-06-2021, 02:30 PM
The exact percentage just kills me! [emoji23] [emoji23]

[emoji1374]SatToday lah

If I could have made it I would have worn mine as well :)

Gassho,

Hoseki
Sattoday

Ryumon
04-06-2021, 03:29 PM
If I could have made it I would have worn mine as well :)

That would have made 37.5%. We should try next time...

Gassho,

Ryūmon

sat

Koushi
04-06-2021, 07:53 PM
I love that our Buddhist Sangha social time temporarily turned into proselytizing for the Grateful Dead, and not Buddhism...:D

I'm already looking forward to the next one!

Gassho,

Shade

ST

I'm waiting for the 5-person Grateful Dead Treeleaf Podcast episode. :)

Gassho,
Koushi
STLaH

Shade
04-06-2021, 10:43 PM
Some of our previous conversations involved technology, data, and AI/machine learning, so I thought I would suggest a documentary on Netflix which is definitely worth watching. It's called Coded Bias and it discusses, as the name implies, how bias within these systems affect society. Here's the link for the trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jZl55PsfZJQ

Gassho,

Shade

ST

Meian
04-15-2021, 11:09 PM
Calling All Leafers! [director]

Floating Tea House will meet this Sunday, APRIL 18, 2021, at 12pm EST.

We look forward to seeing ALL Leafers join us in the Tea House THIS SUNDAY. [grouphug]

Side note -- Floating Tea House is a total nerd hangout! =) [hi5]

Shade
04-16-2021, 02:10 AM
There's no party like a Treeleaf tea party! :D

See you all Sunday.

Gassho,

Shade

ST

Seikan
04-18-2021, 11:26 PM
Thank you all that joined us today for tea house (a.k.a. "Tree house" ;) ).

My apologies for being a bit quieter than usual today. As I mentioned, I'm struggling with zoom connectivity issues, and the constant freezing is making it hard to fully enjoy the time I get to spend with you all. I was particularly annoyed that I froze up completely when James, Ryan and Shade had to leave, so I offer you all an extra gassho of thanks here. gassho1

And special thanks to Sekishi and Bion for staying on a bit longer and helping me troubleshoot my tech issues. It looks like I simply need to bite the bullet and upgrade my laptop. Stay tuned for "speedy Seikan" in the near future. :D

Gassho,
Seikan

-stlah-

Ryan-S
04-19-2021, 12:56 AM
Thank you all that joined us today for tea house (a.k.a. "Tree house" ;) ).

My apologies for being a bit quieter than usual today. As I mentioned, I'm struggling with zoom connectivity issues, and the constant freezing is making it hard to fully enjoy the time I get to spend with you all. I was particularly annoyed that I froze up completely when James, Ryan and Shade had to leave, so I offer you all an extra gassho of thanks here. gassho1

And special thanks to Sekishi and Bion for staying on a bit longer and helping me troubleshoot my tech issues. It looks like I simply need to bite the bullet and upgrade my laptop. Stay tuned for "speedy Seikan" in the near future. :D

Gassho,
Seikan

-stlah-

Hey, no worries! With my recent battle over a working mic, I totally understand tech issues. Nice that Sekishi and Bion helped you troubleshoot. Bummer it means an upgrade is needed -- I will stay tuned for 'Speedy Seikan' [emoji6]

As always, it was nice to hang with you all [emoji120]

Gassho,

Ryan
SatToday lah

Meian
04-29-2021, 11:38 AM
Calling All Leafers! [director]

Floating Tea House will meet this Sunday, MAY 2, 2021, at 12pm EST.

(How are we in MAY already???) [confused]

We look forward to seeing ALL Leafers join us in the Tea House THIS SUNDAY. [grouphug]

May the gods of Zoom and Technology be smiling on all of us this Sunday! :buddha:

Meian
05-13-2021, 12:36 PM
Hello Leafers =)

Floating Tea House will meet this Sunday, MAY 16, 2021, at 12pm EST.

Floating Tea House

Meian
06-04-2021, 12:44 PM
Hello everyone,

Floating Tea House will meet again this Sunday, June 6, at 12pm EST.

We look forward to seeing everyone again on Sunday.

gassho,

Floating Tea House

GrasshopperMan17
06-06-2021, 03:28 PM
I will actually be able to make it today! My dad is coming to visit about an hour after we start, so I'll have to leave early again, but I'm glad to be able to have tea time with you guys today.

Gassho, John
ST/LAH

Heiso
06-06-2021, 05:53 PM
It was lovely to be able to join you all for my first tea house experience - although a little tricky due to a dual stream of consciousness conversation with my 4yo and a grizzly baby, but it was great to have the opportunity to chat and I hope to be back soon.

Gassho

Heiso

StLah

Sent from my RMX2001 using Tapatalk

Meian
06-18-2021, 12:45 AM
Hello all,

Floating Tea House will NOT be meeting this Sunday, June 20 -- it is Father's Day holiday in the US, and none of us will be available.

Wishing all who celebrate at Treeleaf a happy Father's Day -- and thinking of all who are missing their fathers, and for whom this holiday is a difficult one.

We'll see everyone in two weeks (Sunday, July 4) .......

gassho,

Floating Tea House

Meian
07-02-2021, 08:44 PM
Hello everyone,

Floating Tea House will meet this Sunday, July 4, at 12pm EST.

We look forward to seeing everyone again this Sunday. All are welcome!

gassho,

Floating Tea House

Yokai
07-03-2021, 05:00 AM
Although I'd love to join you all, Monday 4am mid-winter is just too much for this wimp!

So I'll say a big "Hi folks!" here instead :encouragement:

I'm sure it will be as wildly entertaining as always... [morehappy]

Gassho, Yokai sat/lah

Ryan-S
07-03-2021, 12:17 PM
Although I'd love to join you all, Monday 4am mid-winter is just too much for this wimp!

So I'll say a big "Hi folks!" here instead :encouragement:

I'm sure it will be as wildly entertaining as always... [morehappy]

Gassho, Yokai sat/lahIt would take all of the tea in the world to wake me up enough to hold a conversation at 4am [emoji6] That is understandable. Good to hear from you though, Yokai!!

Unfortunately I cannot make this one either. I miss coming to these so much, but I keep having conflicts. Hopefully next time.

Have fun!

Gassho,

Ryan
SatToday

Meian
07-15-2021, 09:58 PM
Hello everyone,

Floating Tea House will meet again this Sunday, July 18, at 12pm EST.

gassho,

Floating Tea House

Meian
07-29-2021, 08:01 PM
Hello everyone,

Floating Tea House will meet again this Sunday, August 1, at 12pm EST.

gassho,

Floating Tea House

Meian
08-14-2021, 09:21 AM
Hello everyone,

Apologies for the late reminder.

Floating Tea House will meet again this Sunday, August 15, at 12pm EST.

gassho,

Floating Tea House

GrasshopperMan17
08-15-2021, 04:34 PM
Wish i had the energy to join today. I was at a celebration of life for a friend all day yesterday and I'm just exhausted socially. Miss y'all and hope to see you next time.

Gassho, John
Sat

Meian
09-03-2021, 04:46 PM
Calling all Leafers -- old and NEW!

Just in time for the beginning of Ango --

Floating Tea House will meet this Sunday, September 5, at 12pm EST.

Find us HERE (https://www.google.com/url?q=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.treeleaf.org%2Fnow%2Fgo.php %3Fl%3Dmeet&sa=D&ust=1631119367169000&usg=AOvVaw3lEgagrFejsqXGaIONQPEB)

We look forward to seeing everyone again this Sunday. All are welcome! [wave][coffee]

LET'S GO ANGO!

gassho,

Floating Tea House

Ryan-S
09-04-2021, 05:15 PM
I miss these! Unfortunately I might not make it to this one. Looking forward to catching up with you all when I can.

Gassho,

Ryan
SatToday LaH

GrasshopperMan17
09-05-2021, 03:53 PM
I will be able to make it to this week's tea house. I look forward to seeing you all there and catching up.

Gassho, John
ST/LAH

Hōkan
09-05-2021, 07:00 PM
'twas a very nice first visit.

About the Linux controversy; I really don't care all that much so long as I have a shell account.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SX1bedJSpLk

Also, as far as you know, stories like these have nothing to do with me or my professional work:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bastard_Operator_From_Hell

Sat

Seikan
09-05-2021, 11:46 PM
Thank you to all that joined us for "tea" today! It was a real pleasure to welcome a few "first-timers" too. I hope we didn't scare anyone off. ;)

Next Floating Tea house is scheduled for two weeks from today. Same time, same place (check the Treeleaf NOW calendar for the correct date/time in your local time zone).

Gassho,
Seikan

-stlah-

Meian
09-18-2021, 01:54 AM
Hello Ango Leafers!

Sorry for the late reminder.

The next Floating Tea House will meet this Sunday, September 19, at 12pm EST.

Find us HERE (https://www.google.com/url?q=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.treeleaf.org%2Fnow%2Fgo.php %3Fl%3Dmeet&sa=D&ust=1631119367169000&usg=AOvVaw3lEgagrFejsqXGaIONQPEB)

gassho,

Floating Tea House