PDA

View Full Version : What do you bring to Treeleaf?

Onka
08-20-2020, 10:03 PM
I was contacted during Jukai by one of Treeleaf's Unsui with encouraging words after I'd ruffled a few feathers in our discussions. Within our interactions they asked me to think about what I brought or could bring to Treeleaf. Around 12 months on and I'm still unsure but always trying.
I'm wondering, as an exercise in reflection I wonder if people can share with me what they think they bring to Treeleaf. Maybe I'll find inspiration within your thoughts.
Gassho
Onka
ST

gaurdianaq
08-20-2020, 10:23 PM
I mean, what can any of us bring other than ourselves and our own experiences with life/zen. I think we all bring our own unique viewpoints, and our own knowledge that we can share with other members. I try to bring a positive attitude and a willingness to learn and listen. I could start listing off specific things about myself but I'm not sure how relevant they would be to the question.

gassho1
Evan,
Sat today!

Onka
08-20-2020, 10:31 PM
I mean, what can any of us bring other than ourselves and our own experiences with life/zen. I think we all bring our own unique viewpoints, and our own knowledge that we can share with other members. I try to bring a positive attitude and a willingness to learn and listen. I could start listing off specific things about myself but I'm not sure how relevant they would be to the question.

gassho1
Evan,
Sat today!

Thanks Evan, I get what you're saying and try to bring those kind of things myself but I'm constantly asking myself whether that is enough.- enough for me that is. I see how much work is put in by Jundo and others to keep this revolutionary practice space open and can only assume that what I see is just the tip of the iceberg so am always asking if I'm contibuting or giving enough back.
Maybe I should've asked what more can I bring???
Gassho Onka
St

gaurdianaq
08-20-2020, 10:45 PM
I see what you mean, I think I saw that you host a tea house so that's already great for people who fit into your time zone. I've only been here for about a month but from what I can tell it seems like you're contributing plenty!

gassho1
Evan,
Sat Today!

Jundo
08-20-2020, 10:52 PM
The is one of the rare times that I am going to close a topic.

Here is my feeling is doing so: Everybody brings what they bring, which is their own person and energy, their practice and their efforts for others.

That is enough to say.

Gassho, Jundo

STLah