PDA

View Full Version : 'The ZEN of EVERYTHING! Podcast' ... Episode 20 ....

Jundo
03-07-2020, 10:16 AM
Episode 20: Zen in the Time of Coronavirus

With a potential pandemic looming, Jundo and Kirk talk about rumors, unreasonable and reasonable fear, plagues of the past and today, and a good Zen attitude to sickness and death. We actually get a chuckle in now and then too. :)

THE LINK: https://www.zen-of-everything.com/20

https://assets.fireside.fm/file/fireside-images/podcasts/images/3/37890d70-9d67-4b3d-b227-11054264ec79/cover_small.jpg

For more about the podcast, where to send your serious or silly questions ...

https://www.treeleaf.org/forums/showthread.php?17016-The-ZEN-of-EVERYTHING%21-Podcast-with-Jundo-Kirk-is-ON-THE-AIR%21

You can also sign up by RSS, or hear it many places such as Spotify and Apple Podcasts (follow the links above).

Gassho, Jundo

SatTodayLAH

Washin
03-11-2020, 12:41 PM
Thank you :encouragement:gassho1

Gassho
Washin
st

Yokai
03-15-2020, 03:53 AM
Thanks Jundo and Kirk for sharing some humo(u)r, sanity and zen wisdom (maybe don't stockpile yet for the zombie apocalypse yet)! I've been pondering on what it means to be a Bodhisattva at this time. It's an unusual situation when "helping" largely means reducing our impact on others. Is there a more active side? This may be a stupid question, as it's either difficult to generalize, or sometimes maybe common-sense, but it's something that's got me a-thinkin'. Any thoughts? gassho1

Gassho, Chris sattoday/lah

Tairin
03-15-2020, 02:00 PM
I've been pondering on what it means to be a Bodhisattva at this time. It's an unusual situation when "helping" largely means reducing our impact on others. Is there a more active side?

Great point Chris! I think that reducing our impact on others really is on the “active side”. Some thoughts

- practice good hygiene
- practice social distancing
- minimize your impact on the already overwhelmed medical system
- don’t hoard supplies
- be patient and accepting..... this is uncharted territory for everyone .... we are all doing our best
- accept that the world has changed
- help others who are worried, panicking.
- practice equanimity
- chop wood, carry water, wash hands.

gassho2
Tairin
Sat today and lah

Jundo
03-15-2020, 02:05 PM
Great point Chris! I think that reducing our impact on others really is on the “active side”. Some thoughts

- practice good hygiene
- practice social distancing
- minimize your impact on the already overwhelmed medical system
- don’t hoard supplies
- be patient and accepting..... this is uncharted territory for everyone .... we are all doing our best
- accept that the world has changed
- help others who are worried, panicking.
- practice equanimity
- chop wood, carry water, wash hands.

gassho2
Tairin
Sat today and lah

Our next episode, to be recorded tomorrow, will be on the "Zen of Quarantine," making this a chance for practice. I will include some of these ideas, Tairin. [gassholook]

Gassho, J

STLah

Ippo
03-15-2020, 02:34 PM
Nice to see another one up Jundo :).

I'll listen this week.

Gassho,

Ippo,

SatToday

Kyotai
03-15-2020, 06:11 PM
Thank you Jundo.

Gassho Kyotai
ST

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

Natahl
03-24-2020, 04:28 AM
Thank you, Jundo.

Very timely given the lockdown and resource chaos in Australia this week.

Gassho,
Natahl
SatLah

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk