PDA

View Full Version : [Engaged] Buddhist Global Relief

Byokan
09-28-2017, 07:22 PM
Hi All,

One of my favorite charities is Buddhist Global Relief. They do so many good things. Here's a link to their homepage:

https://www.buddhistglobalrelief.org/index.php/en/

They are currently doing their annual Walk to Feed the Hungry with many local events scheduled:

San Francisco, CA
September 30

Portland, ME
September 30

Milford, MI
September 30

Seattle, WA
September 30

Philadelphia, PA
October 15

Portland, OR
October 21

St. Louis, MO
October 22

New York, NY
October 28

Houston, TX
November 4

You can also create an event in your area if you like. Nice activity for our Treeleaf Global Days of Service, or anytime!

They are also part of the Amazon Smile program that Myogan was talking about in an earlier thread. :)
https://www.treeleaf.org/forums/showthread.php?15646-Shopping-for-charity

Gassho
Byōkan
sat + lah

Tairin
09-28-2017, 07:32 PM
Thank you Byokan.

My wife and I traditionally use a World Vision as our charitable vehicle to helping in under developed parts of the world. It is a Christian based organization. I was just thinking to myself earlier this week about whether there was a Buddhist related charity but hadn’t gotten around to looking. I’ll keep this in mind. Not that I think it is important- Christian/Buddhist/Islam Giving is giving just so long as the organization is reputable.

Gassho
Warren
Sat today

Byokan
09-28-2017, 07:49 PM
Christian/Buddhist/Islam Giving is giving just so long as the organization is reputable.

Gassho
Warren
Sat today

Amen! :encouragement:

Gassho
Byōkan
sat + lah

Mp
09-28-2017, 09:50 PM
Lovely, thank you Byokan. =)

Gassho
Shingen

SatToday/LAH

Meitou
09-28-2017, 10:02 PM
I didn-t know about this, thank you Byokan
Gassho
Frankie

satwithyoualltoday&lah

Jundo
09-29-2017, 01:46 AM
Christian/Buddhist/Islam Giving is giving just so long as the organization is reputable.

For sure.

And thank you Byokan.

I think from time to time that Treeleaf needs to get behind its own project or two ... a school in Cambodia, a clinic in Vietnam or the like, sponsored by us. Hmmmm.

Gassho, Jundo

SatTodayLAH