PDA

View Full Version : Tonglen Practice Circle meeting #2

Kokuu
08-18-2017, 01:14 PM
Dear All

With all remaining equal, I hope to host the second meeting of the Tonglen Practice Circle on Sunday 27 August @ 8pm BST (British Summer Time)/UST+1.

I hope to see you all there.

“As we practice tonglen – taking and sending – gradually it dawns on us how totally interconnected we all are. Now people know that what we do to the rivers in South America affects the whole world. Everything is interrelated – including ourselvecs, so this is very important, this making friends with ourselves. It’s the key to a more sane, compassionate planet.

What you do for yourself – any gesture of kindness, any gesture of honesty and clear seeing toward yourself – will affect how you experience your world. In fact, it will transform how you experience the world. What you do for yourself, you’re doing for others, and what you do for others, you’re doing for yourself. When you exchange yourself for others in the practice of tonglen, it becomes increasingly uncertain what is out there and what is in here.”

-- Pema Chödrön ‘Start From Where You Are’

Gassho
Kokuu

Mp
08-18-2017, 01:51 PM
Thank you Kokuu. =)

Gassho
Shingen

SatToday/LAH

Meitou
08-20-2017, 09:46 PM
Thank you Kokuu, I hope to join you all
Gassho
Frankie

satwithyoualltoday/lah

Kokuu
08-22-2017, 09:36 AM
Wonderful, Frankie. I hope to see you there!

Gassho
Kokuu
-sattoday/lah-

Meitou
08-27-2017, 07:44 PM
Thank you everyone. I lost transmission during the sitting and when I came back,it seems I didn't mute my mic ( although I was sure I had) so I do apologise for any ambient noise.
Grateful to have shared this practice with you.
Gassho
Frankie
satwithyoualltoday/lah

Jakuden
08-27-2017, 07:52 PM
Thank you all! Yes I had mic glitches too today! I was glad to practice for the folks in Texas--my mind has been on them pretty continually anyway. It's difficult to sit here and know what's going on there and not be able to do anything else!
Gassho
Jakuden
SatToday/LAH

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Meitou
08-27-2017, 08:14 PM
Thank you all! Yes I had mic glitches too today! I was glad to practice for the folks in Texas--my mind has been on them pretty continually anyway. It's difficult to sit here and know what's going on there and not be able to do anything else!
Gassho
Jakuden
SatToday/LAH

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes I sat for them too Jakuden, reading earlier about Jundo's change of plans because of the storms, they had been on my mind a lot today. Great opportunity to have this evening to sit Tonglen for them and all sentient beings caught up in natural disasters.
Gassho
Frankie

satwithyoualltoday/lah

Kokuu
08-27-2017, 08:25 PM
I did hear a cat miaow at some point so don't know if that was coming from your mic, Frankie?!

Thank you for sitting with me

Gassho
Kokuu
-sattoday/lah-

Meitou
08-27-2017, 08:47 PM
I did hear a cat miaow at some point so don't know if that was coming from your mic, Frankie?!

Thank you for sitting with me

Gassho
Kokuu
-sattoday/lah-

Errrk, yes, that was Peppe, my youngest and naughtiest cat, he wanted to come into the room because I was there. I do apologise!

Gassho
Frankie
satwithyoutoday/lah

Kokuu
08-27-2017, 09:34 PM
Oh, it is absolutely no problem at all, Frankie. Cats always seem to want to be where the action is!

Gassho
Kokuu
-sattoday/lah-