PDA

View Full Version : Free Sitting Room

Shinshou
08-17-2017, 03:48 PM
Hello all, does anyone still use the Free Sitting Room? I swear I haven't encountered anyone there in at least three weeks. Maybe I'm just sitting at an odd time?

Dan
ST

Kyonin
08-17-2017, 04:25 PM
Hi Dan,

I just got back home from the retreat with Jundo. I used the room today and (as in other days) I sat super early and was the only one there.

I think we are using the room, but at different times.

Gassho,

Kyonin
Sat/LAH

Seishin
08-17-2017, 05:46 PM
Guess its all down to timezone. There's three to four of us who sit together around 0730 UK / 0830 Central Europe but when I've sat late evening (say 2330 in France) I've normally been on my own. However, "sat in Zendo" is a common comment, when folks post their zazen sessions on Insight Timer.

But regardless of time we sit together. Zendo/FSR or not.

STMIZ / lah

Eishuu
08-17-2017, 05:50 PM
I often sit with Toby and sometimes Marcus and Enjaku in the mornings UK time, but I've often sat at other times and rarely encountered anyone. I get the impression people are using it but at different times.

Gassho
Lucy
ST/LAH

Meian
08-18-2017, 01:37 AM
I have Sat there alone at various times, but that never bothers me. Most of my friends globally are in different time zones, so i am used to "time zone hopping." I actually prefer lone sitting in my off times, since at other times I'm sitting in a large group.

Gassho
Kim
St/lh

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Kyotai
08-18-2017, 02:13 AM
I use it. I would say I see someone about 10% of the time.

Gassho, Kyotai
ST

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Jundo
08-18-2017, 05:13 AM
I use it. I would say I see someone about 10% of the time.

Gassho, Kyotai
ST

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

We just have to get more folks in there, thus increasing the chances of folks sitting with others!

Gassho, J

SatTodayLAH

Daitetsu
08-18-2017, 08:52 AM
Hi Dan!

I use the Free Sitting Room almost every day. However, I have always been the only one there, too.
This is probably due to my time zone (Germany, CET). When I look at comments in Insight Connect, people seem to be using the Free Sitting Room quite often.
Like Jundo said, the more people go there, the higher the probability of encountering someone.

But anyway - are we ever truly alone? [happy]

Gassho,

Daitetsu

#sat2day

Tairin
08-18-2017, 01:11 PM
I usually sit with my wife and so I haven't used the free sitting room much but when I have used it there is about 25% chance I encounter someone. On the other hand I always sit with the Insight Timer and it tells me that I almost always sit concurrent with other TreeLeafers. It may just be a matter of time for adoption.

But consider the math. How many active TreeLeafers are there? They are spread all over the globe There are 38 different time zones which means 38 different times people could sit at 7am assuming everyone sits at 7am. I am not trying to be negative and dismiss the value of the free sitting Zendo but unless you live in one of the densely populated time zones like Eastern Time and you sit in the morning (which seems to be the preferred sitting time) you have a low probability of encountering anyone in the room.

If I recall the discussion I think Toby, Lucy and Marcus all sit together in the FSZ daily but they did have some discussion to align their time. Maybe use Insight Timer to see who else is sitting at approximately your time and see if you can line up.

Gassho
Warren
Sat today

Seishin
08-18-2017, 08:39 PM
I usually sit with my wife and so I haven't used the free sitting room much but when I have used it there is about 25% chance I encounter someone. On the other hand I always sit with the Insight Timer and it tells me that I almost always sit concurrent with other TreeLeafers. It may just be a matter of time for adoption.

But consider the math. How many active TreeLeafers are there? They are spread all over the globe There are 38 different time zones which means 38 different times people could sit at 7am assuming everyone sits at 7am. I am not trying to be negative and dismiss the value of the free sitting Zendo but unless you live in one of the densely populated time zones like Eastern Time and you sit in the morning (which seems to be the preferred sitting time) you have a low probability of encountering anyone in the room.

If I recall the discussion I think Toby, Lucy and Marcus all sit together in the FSZ daily but they did have some discussion to align their time. Maybe use Insight Timer to see who else is sitting at approximately your time and see if you can line up.

Gassho
Warren
Sat today

Warren

I think there maybe quite a few members of the Insight Treeleaf group who are not forum members here. I've been asked a few time via IT msg or daily posts, about the Zendo or FSR and I've always referred folk to Treeleaf.org, in the hope that a) they're members but didn't see this thread or b) are only aware of Treeleaf on Insight. I hope this may have encourage folk to join the Sangha. I sit with quite a few Insight Leafers, when our times over lap (probably around 10 or so) but only a few use the FSR. Marcus, Lucy and I aligned by chance. Marcus starts a bit earlier than me and Lucy a little after but we frequently sit together, with no planning - it just happened and seems to be fairly normal these days. Some time Uggy drops in and also Kotei and sometimes Taiyo (but I know he's a fair bit earlier when working). All of this just happens and it would be nice if more of then 'Leafers on Insight would "dial in" but as I've said many times, we are all sitting together regardless of where and when.

I've not had a chance to read the latest Recommended Threads from Jundo, so apologies if the FSR use has been covered but maybe this just needs a bump again to get folk using the Hangouts Rooms. We seem to have overcome the initial teething problems, which may have put folks off. So maybe we need to emphasis the positives here and encourage folk to take part and sit with others.

From a personal view, once I've set up Insight and the Hangouts Call, joined, bowed and settled down in Shikantaza, I'm pretty much zoned out, as in just sitting and often miss folks joining or leaving, so don't find it intrusive, distracting or feel self aware. I just sit with the technology around me - heck even more so with the Zazenkai recordings (One Way, Live or On Demand) playing on the PC. So I'd encourage Sangha members to try it out if they've not done so already. There are plenty of us who've been using it now for weeks, who can help with technical advice if folks encounter problems or are just unsure what to do.

So come on in, the waters warm and the natives are friendly.

Sat This Morning In Zendo / LAH

Jakuden
08-18-2017, 11:56 PM
My daughter will be off to college next week and I plan to use her room for sitting... up until now I have had no private space to sit. So I hope to be using the room with you all soon!
Gassho
Jakuden
SatToday/LAH

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Eishuu
08-19-2017, 07:38 AM
My daughter will be off to college next week and I plan to use her room for sitting... up until now I have had no private space to sit. So I hope to be using the room with you all soon!
Gassho
Jakuden
SatToday/LAH

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Be lovely to see you in there, although we are probably in very different time zones. I don't really have anywhere private to sit...I usually sit in our lounge and my husband often forgets and wanders in. The cat is usually there too.

Gassho
Lucy
ST/LAH

Washin
08-19-2017, 08:12 AM
Hello Dan,

I usually sit in the Free Sitting Room Mon-Fri at 7.00am Eastern European Time
except one day a week when I join Shingen's group which starts at 5am EET.
And I often sit with Tayio.

Gassho
Washin
sat and lah

Ryudo
08-20-2017, 09:19 AM
Hi Dan and all others,
I am in a different time zone too. Living in the Balearic Isles of Spain my timezone is "Paris" time.
Daily I start sitting around 08:00 or sometimes a bit later. Often with the company of Lucy and Toby and sometimes Richard or Kotei and sometimes I sit alone.
It is all fine.
Feel free to join us and have a great day !

Gassho
Marcus
SatToday

Meian
08-20-2017, 12:43 PM
We will be doing some upgrades and changes in schedules/routines soon (schools, devices, etc). After that I hope to use FSR/Insight concurrently without my devices misbehaving on me. For me I think it's a memory/storage problem (old devices, relatively speaking).

Gassho
Kim
St/lh

Kyousui
08-21-2017, 11:20 AM
MIght be a good idea to post (date & time zone) when you'll be in the FSR either here or in insighttimer. Can't see much use in using the bandwidth if no one (in the relative sense) is not also there.
Sat today LAH (since time is just a mental construct:buddha:)

Eishuu
08-21-2017, 11:24 AM
There's also an announcements thing on Google Hangouts so you can let people know you are about to sit or post a time you will sit later if you want to.

Gassho
Lucy
ST/LAH

Meian
08-21-2017, 01:00 PM
Today I sat using Insight (phone) and FSR (laptop) and it worked out fine. I mute the mic and the vid. At the moment, I never know exactly when I'll be sitting (could be any time between 6-8am EST) but it should narrow down soon with my kids' schools resuming. I am now on a timed daily routine of short morning sits that I "promised a Lama" (long story).

That's an idea, Tom .... If I get to a point where I can schedule my sit times fairly regularly, I'll try posting either here or Insight (which is glitchy on me). I'm boring, all I do is sit (no verses, nothing) - but if someone wants another person in the room, that I could be.

Gassho
Kim
St/lh

Shinshou
08-22-2017, 01:18 PM
Of course when I sat yesterday in the FSR, there were three people there.

STLAH

Seishin
08-23-2017, 11:59 AM
Hey, FWIW there were five us sitting this morning in the FSR around 0830 CET. Thank you Marcus, Richard, Lucy and Frankie.

STMIZ

Eishuu
08-23-2017, 02:53 PM
So nice to see so many people there. Thanks to all.

Gassho
Lucy
ST/LAH

Roland
08-24-2017, 07:45 PM
I must be very distracted, but I simply cannot find the url for the free sitting room. I think if we want more people to use it, we should put a very visible button somewhere inviting people to use the room.

Gassho

Roland

SatToday/LAH

Shinshou
08-24-2017, 08:24 PM
Roland, I sent you a private message with the link.

STLAH
Daniel

Tenrai
08-30-2017, 11:44 PM
I sit in the FSR most days. For me it's a wonderful thing. Links me to the Treeleaf sangha. I live on Eday which is a small island north of mainland Orkney so I could feel isolated in my practice - which is not a terrible thing - but i do feel the benefit at times of "being" with others.

Kotei
08-31-2017, 06:41 AM
Thank you for being here, Richard.
I enjoy your company when we sit together. I live in northern Germany.
Over here, the isolation, that is felt from time to time, comes from social insecurity/fear issues, that pop up here and there.
Like you said, not a terrible thing.
This Sangha continuously encourages me to stepping across my self made borders.
Also in the physical world around me.

Gassho,
Kotei sattoday.

Tenrai
08-31-2017, 01:00 PM
How is it best to meet on line if you just want to chat to each other? and how best to arrange that??

The FSR is wonderful, but folk come and go while Im sitting and sometimes it would be good to catch up just for a blether, seeing as many of us have found Treeleaf due to our remoteness??

Saijun
08-31-2017, 01:35 PM
How is it best to meet on line if you just want to chat to each other? and how best to arrange that??

The FSR is wonderful, but folk come and go while Im sitting and sometimes it would be good to catch up just for a blether, seeing as many of us have found Treeleaf due to our remoteness??

Hello Richard,

In the old days, we had a weekly meeting that was originally called the "Treeleaf Teaparty." We would sit for a few minutes, then spend a little while talking about practice issues, life, and whatever else came up. It appears that now it is called the Coffeehouse, and is on a short haitus while being reworked. In the mean time, I'd be happy to Skype and chat or sit.

Hands in Gassho,

Saijun

Sat Today/LAH

Shoka
08-31-2017, 03:17 PM

Richard,

As Saijun said we have a Treeleaf Coffeehouse which is currently on hiatus, but will be coming back with the hope of having more people able to get together and chat. Here is a link to information on the Coffeehouse (http://www.treeleaf.org/forums/showthread.php?15383-Feedback-on-the-Treeleaf-Coffeehouse-and-Building-Sangha&p=202791&viewfull=1#post202791)

My other suggestion would be to private message members who you have had a chance to sit with, and see if they wants to plan to get together to sit and/ or chat.

At the moment the FSR, Scheduled Sitting room and Meeting room are still very much in their betta stages. But people using them and giving feedback is very valuable. For more information on the sitting room check out this thread (http://www.treeleaf.org/forums/showthread.php?15397-A-Modest-Proposal).

Gassho,

Shoka
sattoday

Zenmei
08-31-2017, 03:17 PM

When we first started talking about setting up these rooms, Sekishi suggested 3 rooms, a scheduled sitting room, the free sitting room, and a "lounge" for folks who want to chat. Many people felt that having more rooms was more confusing, so that may be why the lounge never happened. Or maybe it just hasn't happened yet.
I agree, I think it would be wonderful to give folks a place to connect.

Gassho, Zenmei (sat)

Eishuu
08-31-2017, 03:53 PM
I liked the idea of a lounge room where people could pop in for a chat after a sit if they wanted to. I'm enjoying the connection through the FSR and forum and like others experience a degree of isolation in daily life, mine for health related reasons.

Gassho
Lucy
ST/LAH

Meitou
08-31-2017, 07:19 PM
My other suggestion would be to private message members who you have had a chance to sit with, and see if they wants to plan to get together to sit and/ or chat.

At the moment the FSR, Scheduled Sitting room and Meeting room are still very much in their betta stages. But people using them and giving feedback is very valuable. For more information on the sitting room check out this thread (http://www.treeleaf.org/forums/showthread.php?15397-A-Modest-Proposal).

Gassho,

Shoka
sattoday

Thank you Shoka for this suggestion, I think this is a great idea. Perhaps those groups of us who are interested would be able to schedule a time to get together in the Meeting Room? As the coffee shop is on hiatus and no other meetings are scheduled at the moment, the space is empty and open all hours. I'd certainly be up for joining a group and would also be willing to help with organising something.
Gassho
Frankie
satwithyoualltoday lah

Daiyo
08-31-2017, 07:47 PM
Hi all.

What is the Free Sitting Room?

Thanks and regards.

Gassho,
Daiyo

ST

Zenmei
08-31-2017, 08:05 PM
Hi all.

What is the Free Sitting Room?

Thanks and regards.

Gassho,
Daiyo

ST

It's a Google Hangout that's (theoreticallly) always open for anyone to drop in and sit any time. I say theoretically because there have been some issues with the hangout getting closed sometimes, but they're working on it.

Gassho, Zenmei (sat)

Eikyo
09-03-2017, 10:44 AM
Hi guys,
I've also struggled to join the free sitting room. I have the google hangouts app but just could not get it to work. I eventually got in but then encountered another error message at which point I decided it wasn't worth the time.
I find Insight timer much more straightforward to use. I do really want to engage with the Treeleaf community however the technical issues have been a barrier. Having to use two apps seems unnecessarily complicated. Is it OK to just use Insight timer or is that discouraged? :confused:

David
09-03-2017, 11:04 AM
I use Insight, sweetde. I think there are a couple of us who use it and don't use the FSR for similar reasons to you. I've not come across anything indicating it's discouraged at all
Sat today.

Tairin
09-03-2017, 11:37 AM
Hi Sweetde

I use the Insight Timer the vast majority of the time and leave a comment. Sitting is sitting. Some people like sitting knowing others are sitting with them. Some want to see someone there. We all sit together no matter.

For the record I would likely use the FSR more if I didn't sit daily with my wife. On the other hand I am not keen on sitting surrounded by tech.

Gassho
Warren
Sat today

Eishuu
09-03-2017, 11:38 AM
Sweetde, sorry you are having technical problems. The FSR is quite new and there have been some problems with laptop users getting error messages. From what I've heard it usually works with android or similar devices. The way I do it on my phone is to make sure I'm signed into Google Hangouts then go to the Treeleaf weblink to the free sitting room and hit the button and follow the instructions...I wonder if anyone can help you here...I'm not terribly technical. There is absolutely no obligation to use the free sitting room at all...or Insight Timer...it is totally up to you. As I understand it, the only stipulation for taking part in this community is that you sit Shikantaza Zazen every day (someone correct me if I'm wrong).

I agree it can be a bit complicated using Insight Timer and the FSR at the same time. I think some people just use the FSR without Insight Timer. Or you can just sit, wherever and whenever.

Gassho
Lucy
ST/LAH

Shugen
09-03-2017, 01:04 PM
Hello,

Lucy is correct. You do not have to use the sitting rooms or insight timer. Just sit.

If anyone would like to use the sitting rooms and needs a little guidance, please contact me or any of the other priests in training. (Or any other sangha member you feel can help)

Gassho,

Shugen

Sattoday/LAH

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Shinshou
09-08-2017, 04:12 PM
Sweetde, sorry you are having technical problems. The FSR is quite new and there have been some problems with laptop users getting error messages. From what I've heard it usually works with android or similar devices. The way I do it on my phone is to make sure I'm signed into Google Hangouts then go to the Treeleaf weblink to the free sitting room and hit the button and follow the instructions...I wonder if anyone can help you here...I'm not terribly technical. There is absolutely no obligation to use the free sitting room at all...or Insight Timer...it is totally up to you. As I understand it, the only stipulation for taking part in this community is that you sit Shikantaza Zazen every day (someone correct me if I'm wrong).

I agree it can be a bit complicated using Insight Timer and the FSR at the same time. I think some people just use the FSR without Insight Timer. Or you can just sit, wherever and whenever.

Gassho
Lucy
ST/LAH

My iPhone won't allow me to be in the Free Sitting Room and also continue to keep time on Insight Timer ( I sit during a work break and have to be aware of when to go back). If I start the timer then connect to the FSR, the timer stops. I did have some pretty long sittings the first couple of times waiting for the bell to ring! I usually use Insight Timer, but will on occasion join the FSR and use my phone's built in timer, which continues to run despite the Hangout.

I know I started this thread, but interestingly, I'm gearing up for a musical performance, and have found that the FSR can make me feel as if I'm "on stage," so I've been sitting without it lately.

Dan
Sat Today

Jundo
09-08-2017, 10:15 PM
I know I started this thread, but interestingly, I'm gearing up for a musical performance, and have found that the FSR can make me feel as if I'm "on stage," so I've been sitting without it lately.

Dan
Sat Today

When one walks into a room with others in a monastery or "bricks and mortar" Zen center in the West, one is on the same stage I suppose. At least, one is "on stage" if one feels so in one's mind. Or, one can sit with a group yet totally sit one's own sit, sitting just to sit without focus on any other aspect or the eyes of others. It is up to you.

Nonetheless, sometimes the social aspect of sitting with a group makes all the group members stronger, inspires each other, encourages each other to make the little extra effort to "hang in there", show up and stick with it, sit still and not run out the door. At other times, one makes one's own grass hut in the mountains or in a cave, shuts the door and sits alone. Maybe there are times for both kinds of sitting. (Yes, in any case, it is always the "me myself i" sitting with the "me myself i". How one chooses to experience and interpret the experience is largely up to our thoughts between our ears: One can be silent and alone/all one in the group, or one can bring the whole world and all its problems mentally into that cave!!)

It has been exactly the same since the Buddha told folks to sit together in the forest of India or Bodhidharma in his cave or Dogen in a wooden hall in Japan. The electronic part does little to change the experience of the individual and the group or what goes on in one's mental interpretation of the experience.

I might suggest, for your other technical problem, get a little cooking timer. No need to be high tech. When the bell rings, get up and get back to work whether in monastery or office, whether with an ancient bronze bell, a smart phone, a cheap kitchen timer.

Gassho, J

SatTodayLAH

Gokai
09-14-2017, 06:14 PM
Hello everyone

Sorry to bother you, but I wanted to ask how can I get the link to the FSR. I know I should send a private message to someone asking for this information, but I no longer remember who I should send the message to. Can anyone help me?
Thanks in advance for helping.

Gassho, Gokai
Sattoday/LAH

Washin
09-14-2017, 06:34 PM
Hello everyone

Sorry to bother you, but I wanted to ask how can I get the link to the FSR. I know I should send a private message to someone asking for this information, but I no longer remember who I should send the message to. Can anyone help me?
Thanks in advance for helping.

Gassho, Gokai
Sattoday/LAH

Hello Gokai,

Here's the link to Treeleaf Now where you can find the access to the "rooms" : http://www.treeleaf.org/now/
Hope this helps.

Gassho,
Washin
sat/lah

Meitou
09-14-2017, 06:46 PM
When one walks into a room with others in a monastery or "bricks and mortar" Zen center in the West, one is on the same stage I suppose. At least, one is "on stage" if one feels so in one's mind. Or, one can sit with a group yet totally sit one's own sit, sitting just to sit without focus on any other aspect or the eyes of others. It is up to you.

Nonetheless, sometimes the social aspect of sitting with a group makes all the group members stronger, inspires each other, encourages each other to make the little extra effort to "hang in there", show up and stick with it, sit still and not run out the door. At other times, one makes one's own grass hut in the mountains or in a cave, shuts the door and sits alone. Maybe there are times for both kinds of sitting. (Yes, in any case, it is always the "me myself i" sitting with the "me myself i". How one chooses to experience and interpret the experience is largely up to our thoughts between our ears: One can be silent and alone/all one in the group, or one can bring the whole world and all its problems mentally into that cave!!)

It has been exactly the same since the Buddha told folks to sit together in the forest of India or Bodhidharma in his cave or Dogen in a wooden hall in Japan. The electronic part does little to change the experience of the individual and the group or what goes on in one's mental interpretation of the experience.

I might suggest, for your other technical problem, get a little cooking timer. No need to be high tech. When the bell rings, get up and get back to work whether in monastery or office, whether with an ancient bronze bell, a smart phone, a cheap kitchen timer.

Gassho, J

SatTodayLAH

Yes, I've also felt self conscious on camera, but when I reflected on that I realised that it recreates the same sensation as sitting in a zendo or meditation room with others, so perhaps it's good to be able to draw on both experiences, that of sitting alone and that of sitting with others, although of course we are always alone and always with others. I know that sitting in the FSR makes me more disciplined and less likely to give into slight discomforts, and there is something uplifting in being with dharma friends, all together.

I use the computer so can use Insight Timer at the same time, but I think if it's a case of wanting to check in with folks, it's fine to post on the Insight Timer group even if you haven't used the timer itself. It's also good to reflect on what's up with not using the timer - I know I got a bit attached to my stats when I first started using it, so stopped for a while to let go of that. Another little gift that I use is the Plum Village bell timer, which is a browser extension. It can also be set up invite the bell during the day giving a very nice opportunity to rest in the present for a moment if you are using the computer a lot. https://plumvillage.org/mindfulness-practice/mindfulness-software/

Gassho
Frankie
satwithyoualltoday/lah

Sekishi
09-14-2017, 06:56 PM
I use Insight, sweetde. I think there are a couple of us who use it and don't use the FSR for similar reasons to you. I've not come across anything indicating it's discouraged at all

Yes. I did the programming for the treeleaf.org/now stuff, but I cannot actually use it because of slow rural internet. I sit with Insight Timer instead.

Using whatever option works best for your circumstances is encouraged!

Gassho,
Sekishi #sat

Gokai
09-14-2017, 08:46 PM
Thank You very much, Washin.

Gassho, Gokai
Sattoday/ LAH

Ugrok
03-15-2018, 08:30 AM
Hi guys !

It's a pleasure to use the free sitting room with you all (hi Toby gassho2, i hope my hungry cats did not disturb your zazen this morning haha). Just a question : is there still no way to stay in the room when someone leaves and you're the last one in the room ?

Gassho,
Uggy,
Sat today

Kotei
03-15-2018, 08:50 AM
Hi guys !

It's a pleasure to use the free sitting room with you all (hi Toby gassho2, i hope my hungry cats did not disturb your zazen this morning haha). Just a question : is there still no way to stay in the room when someone leaves and you're the last one in the room ?

Gassho,
Uggy,
Sat today
Hey Uggy,

I think, google thinks of this as a feature; dropping connection, when all but one leave.
Found no way around it.

Oh, and I enjoy sitting with you all in the mornings, too.
Started this with the beginning of last Ango, committing to do something about my social stress symptoms, stretching my comfort zone.
Now, I am missing you guys, when I cannot participate.
Thank you all for your company.

Gassho (Ook!),
Kotei sat/lah today.

Choboku
03-15-2018, 04:47 PM
When I sit in the open sitting, it is usually around 2200-2300 Central time. I have sat with one person once and by myself several times. I look forward to practicing with you all.

Sat today, will sit more later.

Adam

Seishin
03-15-2018, 06:30 PM
Hey Uggy good job my Berger Allemand was sleeping when your cat made its entrance.:D

Like Kotei says its a feature of hangouts and I don't think there is a way round it, What I tend to do, like this morning when I was about 2/3 through my sessions, is take a few short seconds to log back into the call. I must say I didn't notice how long I'd been "offline" after Ryudo, Richard and Kotei had left the FSR but I was suddenly aware my phone had gone back to its base menu. I knew I had 10-15 minutes sitting to go, so hit Chrome (has FSR link as main page) hit join then back into Hangouts to find you had arrived in the mean time. Some times I'll do this and I'll sit on my own until the end of my session but I'm there in case someone like yourself joins. If I know there's only a few minutes left I'll just continue to sit with Insight, waiting not waiting for the bell of emptiness to ring.

From an FSR protocol perspective, when I do this I'll bow to signify a brief lull in zazen, press all the buttons to get back into the FSR, then bow as per the normal entry requirements.

Anyway good to see you back the last few days. Be nice to see some more folk join the Euro Possee (?) each morning. So any newcomers or oldies sitting between 0800 and 0900 Central European Time (Brexit guys and gals deduct -1 hour) feel free to join us.

Rakurei
03-15-2018, 09:00 PM
I'd like to start using the FSR throughout the day - I think Zazen breaks during the workday would be just what the doctor ordered.

-ST

Raku

Seishin
03-15-2018, 10:05 PM
I'd like to start using the FSR throughout the day - I think Zazen breaks during the workday would be just what the doctor ordered.

-ST

Raku

Raku

Its 24/7 so just jump in when the time is right for you.

Ryushi
03-15-2018, 11:46 PM
I have had a hard time finding a regularly scheduled sitting time, so have been sitting with Insight Timer on my own schedule.

I'll make a point of opening the Free Sit Room from now on, usually around 8:30PM Pacific Time.

Ugrok
03-16-2018, 08:56 AM
Hehe yeah we were 5 this (european) morning !

Great stuff, it really makes a difference experiencing the others being there !

Thanks all,

Gassho,
Uggy
Sat today