PDA

View Full Version : Tonglen Practice Circle first meeting!

Kokuu
07-29-2017, 04:49 PM
Dear lovely sangha members

*trumpet fanfare* I am pleased to announce the inaugural meeting of the Tonglen Practice Circle this Sunday, July 30th @20.00 UK time (GMT+1) which will translate to the following times for other places

Berlin, Paris, Madrid 21.00
New York, Boston 15.00
Chicago, Dallas, Mexico City 14.00
LA, Portland 12.00
Anchorage 11.00
Tokyo 2.00 (Monday)

It will take place in the Scheduled Sitting Room (http://www.treeleaf.org/now/go.php?l=scheduled-sitting-room). Please read the practice instructions (http://www.treeleaf.org/forums/showthread.php?15440-Welcome-to-the-Tonglen-Practice-Circle-Instructions) before attending and have some idea of what you will be doing the practice for i.e. the kind of suffering you intend to work with in addition to your own.

I look forward to seeing you there.

Gassho
Kokuu
-sattoday-

Mp
07-29-2017, 05:46 PM
Wonderful Kokuu, thank you for all your efforts! =)

Gassho
Shingen

SatToday/LAH

Seishin
07-29-2017, 06:18 PM
Family and romcom escape permitting I'll do my best to join, as this practice really interests me.

STD

Jika
07-30-2017, 07:02 AM
Good morning Kokuu,

see you tonight.

Deep bows,
Jika
#sattoday

Tai Shi
07-30-2017, 09:31 AM
Dear Kokuu

Thank you,

I will be there

Tai Shi
std lah
Gassho

Washin
07-30-2017, 04:03 PM
Thank you, Kokuu,

Doing my best to catch up...

Gassho
Washin
sat/lah

Sekishi
07-30-2017, 05:16 PM
I cannot attend this week Kokuu, but I hope to next time.

Thank you so much for offering this practice to the Sangha. And thank you to all who participate.

Deep bows,
Sekishi #sat

Kokuu
07-30-2017, 06:50 PM
Okay, this may not happen this week.

I have tried three different web browsers - IE, Chrome and Firefox. None will let me join/start a hangout in the SSR.

Gassho
Kokuu

Jika
07-30-2017, 06:54 PM
[grouphug]

Mp
07-30-2017, 06:54 PM
Okay, this may not happen this week.

I have tried three different web browsers - IE, Chrome and Firefox. None will let me join/start a hangout in the SSR.

Gassho
Kokuu

Can I help with something Kokuu?

Gassho
Shingen

SatToday/LAH

Jika
07-30-2017, 06:55 PM
https://hangouts.google.com/call/v2utrzgtxzejzlsonhyuwpixw4u

Can you join here?

Jika
07-30-2017, 06:57 PM
Crashed on Chrome, too.
"Hangout is no longer available"-error upon joining.

Mp
07-30-2017, 06:58 PM
Let me create a Hangout and post the link for now and we can sort the rest out later .... does that sound good?

Gassho
Shingen

SatToday/LAH

Tai Shi
07-30-2017, 07:00 PM
Hi Kokuu

Sorry for the delay--just reschedule for a more appropriate ans easier time--perhaps next week?

Gassho Tai Shi

Tai Shi
07-30-2017, 07:01 PM
So sorry, I have an appointment at 3:15--thank you.

Tai Shi
Gassho
std

Byokan
07-30-2017, 07:24 PM
I'm doing Tonglen right now for all who suffer from technology glitches. gassho1

Gassho
Byōkan
sat today

Sekishi
07-30-2017, 07:27 PM
I refreshed the scheduled-sitting-room via mobile and it appears to be open.

Gassho,
Sekishi #sat

Jika
07-30-2017, 07:41 PM
Thank you all.
Have a good night/day!
Gassho

Mp
07-30-2017, 07:42 PM
I refreshed the scheduled-sitting-room via mobile and it appears to be open.

Gassho,
Sekishi #sat

Thank you ... =)

And thank you Kokuu, that was lovely and well done! Holding the suffering of others can be hard, but it is a wonderful practice to able to offer such a gift. This is the same gift we give in Shikantaza where we just sit and accept all conditions of life just as they are.

Gassho
Shingen

SatToday

Kokuu
07-30-2017, 07:49 PM
Thank you all for being there. As it turned out I think the issue was mine. Firefox no longer supports hangouts, IE wouldn't download the neessary plug-in and I eventually realised I needed to load the plug-in for Chrome.

Thank you, Sekishi, if it needed to be opened your end.

Anyway, some glitches but now I know the form hopefully it will go better next time.

Deep bows to you all for sticking with me!

Gassho
Kokuu
-sattoday-

Washin
07-30-2017, 07:51 PM
Thank you everyone. Wonderful.. even if I experienced a little difficulty to focus
on the visualization as my mind was scattered. I hope with practice it will get more
balanced. Nice evening to all.

Gassho,
Washin
ST

Jakuden
07-30-2017, 11:03 PM
Sorry I was unable to make it Kokuu, I was really going to try, but there were plumbing issues at both my house and practice today [emoji15] Does Tonglen help with water pressure and faulty valves!?
Gassho
Jakuden
SatToday

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Joyo
07-31-2017, 01:05 AM
I would like to join in also, Kokuu. Today I was gone for the day, but I will try to join in next time.

Gassho,
Joyo
sat today/lah

Tai Shi
07-31-2017, 08:27 AM
I entered with the link Jika provided--I could find no other, and it worked. Odd, don't you think?

Taishi
std
Gassho

Tai Shi
08-07-2017, 01:52 AM
Kokuu,
I'm still trying to find a link that will take me to the group that will work--tell me, if a group isn't scheduled for a Room, does that rome appear as am error, and is there a non-specific room and aside for ALL members?

Tai Shi
sat today
Gassho

Kokuu
08-07-2017, 09:16 PM
Tai Shi

I think you should still be able to get into a room even if there isn't a scheduled sitting. Sekishi was talking on the Modest Proposal thread about how to refresh the room by logging in and out again on a mobile device. I must admit I don't really know how it works completely yet but it might be worth asking him. It is still a new addition and the problems are being worked through I think.

Gassho
Kokuu
-sattoday/lah-

Kyotai
08-07-2017, 10:20 PM
Apologies for tuning into this thread so late, regretful I missed the date. I read the original link you provided with instructions and feel comfortable moving forward in making this a part of my daily practice. I do like that you gave some instructions for "on the go" as I was thinking Tonglen Practice could quietly used at work or in the car.

Will this be a weekly event?

Gassho, Kyotai
ST LAH

Ps. Thank you for sharing this with our Sangha Kokuu

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Meitou
08-09-2017, 05:43 PM
I'd really love to join in too, and actually if it's at that time, it might be possible for me. When will the circle be sitting again?
Gassho
Frankie

Satwithyoualltoday/Lah

Kokuu
08-09-2017, 06:45 PM
Hi Kyotai and Frankie

At the moment I am making it monthly but can do more regularly. It might end up being bi-weekly and alternating with the Coffee House.

The next session is scheduled for Sunday 27th August.

Gassho
Kokuu

Kyotai
08-09-2017, 09:01 PM
Hi Kyotai and Frankie

At the moment I am making it monthly but can do more regularly. It might end up being bi-weekly and alternating with the Coffee House.

Gassho
KokuuThanks Kokuu

Gassho, Kyotai
ST LAH

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Meitou
08-12-2017, 09:49 PM
Hi Kyotai and Frankie

Gassho
Kokuu
Thank you Kokuu, I might be able to make that. And congratulations!!!
Gassho
Frankie
satwithyoualltoday7lah

Tai Shi
08-13-2017, 08:49 AM
Kokuu, Thi Shi here, and if you find occasion to increase meetings to twice a month, count me in and perhaps there are others in our Sangha of long-term membership who might benefit form sitting in this developer of personal empathy. I see the potential for disabled people learning to respond to others in just the way others sit for them. This beautiful expression offers sensitive interaction between all members of the Zendo, making it a tool for people, empathy for others willing to share their personal needs. I thank you for this method of insight. Really, thanks.

Tailored Shi
st, lah
Gassho

Sent from my SM-T113 using Tapatalk

Tai Shi
08-13-2017, 08:56 AM
Kokuu, Thi Shi here, and if you find occasion to increase meetings to twice a month, count me in and perhaps there are others in our Sangha of long-term membership who might benefit form sitting in this developer of personal empathy. I see the potential for disabled people learning to respond to others in just the way others sit for them. This beautiful expression offers sensitive interaction between all members of the Zendo, making it a tool for people, empathy for others willing to share their personal needs. I thank you for this method of insight. Really, thanks.

Tailored Shi
st, lah
Gassho

Sent from my SM-T113 using TapatalkIf indeed twice a week, I might consult my doctors of long-term membership in just such a group. Thanks again. Tai Shi Gassho, st

Sent from my SM-T113 using Tapatalk

Kokuu
08-13-2017, 01:25 PM
Thank you Kokuu, I might be able to make that. And congratulations!!!

Thank you, Frankie!

Tai Shi,

If my health allows it, I will try and start twice monthly meetings in September. In the meantime I hope to post quotes from teachers and reminders to practice in the group.

Gassho
Kokuu
-sattoday-

MyoHo
08-17-2017, 05:06 PM
Hi guys, once settled in our new home come September, I hope to be a regular.

Gassho

Myoho

Kokuu
08-18-2017, 01:10 PM
You are always welcome, Myoho!

Gassho
Kokuu