PDA

View Full Version : Chaplain Story

Seido
09-16-2016, 02:56 AM
I wanted to share this story I read about a Buddhist chaplain.
http://tricycle.org/magazine/death-is-not-an-emergency/

When my dad was in a similar situation, the hospice chaplain came to him. While my dad was too far gone to know, the service to the family was very meaningful.

Being so close to death brings clarity to what is important in this life.

Some day I would like to help others in this way. Maybe someday I can get back to school for chaplain training. Such an amazing service to others.

Gassho,
Seido
SatToday

Myosha
09-16-2016, 05:23 AM
Hello,

Full of awe. Thank you for the link.

Gassho
Myosha
sat today

derek12261984
09-16-2016, 05:27 AM
Beautiful story, I got a little choked up in parts. Thank you for sharing.

Gassho
Derek
Sat2day

Kokuu
09-16-2016, 09:04 AM
What a wonderful example of engaged practice. A beautiful account of chaplaincy.

Thank you for sharing, Seido.

Gassho
Kokuu
#sattoday

Washin
09-16-2016, 11:00 AM
Thank you for sharing, Seido. A very beautiful and moving story.

Gassho
Washin
sat today

Mp
09-16-2016, 01:33 PM
Wonderful, thank you for the share Seido. =)

Gassho
Shingen

s@today

Jundo
09-16-2016, 03:14 PM
Wonderful.

My wife and I were hospice volunteers for a number of years, before coming back to Japan.

Often, the patient had found peace, but the family was in need of settling. The most important thing is to just listen and offer a hand. I can say that it was one of the saddest yet most joyous places too, as in the story, in a way hard to explain in words.

Gassho, J

SatToday

Taiyo
09-16-2016, 04:43 PM
Wonderful and really moving indeed. Thanks for sharing this, Seido.

Gassho,
Andoitz.

SatToday.

Jakuden
09-16-2016, 09:56 PM
[gassholook] Very moving story, thank you Seido.

Gassho,
Jakuden
SatToday

lorax
09-17-2016, 02:27 AM
Such a wonderful narrative that clearly shares the human experience of being with one as they pass from this life. I especially appreciate his statement "If you have ever been in the room at the moment of someone’s death, you have probably experienced the shift in energy that occurs and sometimes remains for minutes or hours afterward. I call it the silence of the leaving." During my career as a law enforcement officer and EMT, I have been there on a number of occasions, however never could express what I felt and experienced, that feeling of shift and change that occurred at the moment of passing of the persons life.

SAT TODAY

Byokan
09-17-2016, 04:52 AM
gassho2

Thank you Seido.

Gassho
Byōkan
sat today

Tairin
09-17-2016, 01:50 PM
Wonderful. Thank you.

Gassho