PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone else here enjoy coloring?

Joyo
09-10-2016, 01:36 PM
It has definitely become it's own art form, not just for children anymore. I am curious if there are any other fellow Treeleafers that enjoy this art form as well.

I quite enjoy it, and it is actually very similar to my other hobby, which is watercolor painting.

There are plenty of youtube channels to demonstrate how to blend and work with the colors. It amazes me how differently I view the world with my love of color and art. For example, the sky isn't just blue, it's grey, light blue with some swirls of pink and yellow.

Here's my favourite youtube channel, in case anyone else wants to check it out =)

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcBpoWBeZpmpbjkITQE984w

Gassho,
Joyo
sat today

Jishin
09-10-2016, 02:27 PM
Hi,

Definitely for adults too. My wife loves it! [emoji3]

Gasho, Jishin, _/st\_

RichardH
09-10-2016, 02:31 PM
I haven't colored for a while, but before taking up painting I would lose myself in it for hours. There used to be these sets of posters with a full spectrum of markers that were very involved, not kiddy stuff. Today there are probably so many more choices.

Gassho
Daizan

Sat today

Joyo
09-10-2016, 02:54 PM
I haven't colored for a while, but before taking up painting I would lose myself in it for hours. There used to be these sets of posters with a full spectrum of markers that were very involved, not kiddy stuff. Today there are probably so many more choices.

Gassho
Daizan

Sat today

Yes, there are many options, but Prismacolor colored pencils are the most popular, or for those that want to spend more money the polychromos. I've never used them, but they are oil based, as opposed to wax, so they sound interesting.

In case you're interested, these are really good.....

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcBpoWBeZpmpbjkITQE984w

Gassho,
Joyo
sat today

Mp
09-10-2016, 03:12 PM
Thank you Joyo ... I love colouring, it is the only part of art I am good at, but I do love it. =)

Gassho
Shingen

s@today

Kyonin
09-10-2016, 04:31 PM
Hi Joyo!

I want to try it and I am actually looking for some nice Transformers book :D

Haven't fond the one.

Yes, I'm a big nerd.

Gassho,

Kyonin
#SatToday

Dali
09-10-2016, 05:08 PM
Greetings Joyo,

I also enjoy coloring, especially mandalas. I find it to be very peaceful and at times somewhat meditative.

Gassho
Dali. gassho1

Joyo
09-10-2016, 06:27 PM
There's this option, Kyonin...

https://www.amazon.ca/Robots-Coloring-Book-Nick-Snels/dp/1518877702/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1473531952&sr=8-3&keywords=transformers+coloring+book

I wish I could get my kids coloring. They have no desire to be bookworms, or artists like their parents lol!

Gassho,
Joyo
sat today

RichardH
09-10-2016, 09:34 PM
There is something very satisfying about coloring. What is it? My thought is that all the shapes, proportions, perspective, etc. are already there. The vision is already supported. What is left is the joy of bringing it to life with color and shading.

Gassho
Daizan

sat today

Geika
09-10-2016, 09:41 PM
My sister and I really enjoy getting really nice Disney princess coloring books and using thin black pens and color to alter thr scene and tone of the original. They are usually very mature, but very nice when done well, and sometimes very funny!

Gassho, sat today

Joyo
09-11-2016, 12:35 AM
There is something very satisfying about coloring. What is it? My thought is that all the shapes, proportions, perspective, etc. are already there. The vision is already supported. What is left is the joy of bringing it to life with color and shading.

Gassho
Daizan

sat today

Yes, I agree. It's easier, and yet the knowledge of shading and perspective does help make your pictures come alive.

For me, personally, if I'm tired, I just don't have it in me to put the thought process into drawing or painting. But coloring, it's a cliche but it's more relaxing because like you said, it's all there, you just bring it to life.

Gassho,
Joyo
sat today

Joyo
09-11-2016, 12:36 AM
Thank you for sharing your experiences everyone =)

Gassho,
Joyo
sat today

Ongen
09-11-2016, 05:43 AM
There is something very satisfying about coloring. What is it?
sat today

Not fond of coloring myself, but I can imagine as you say it's already there (rings a bell) and we just have to see it (rings a bell) and make it our own by emptying our mind and just get to it in peace and quiet (rings a bell)

Gassho
Ongen

Sat Today

Troy
09-11-2016, 03:38 PM
I like coloring. It can be very therapeutic. Calms the mind. I have a crayon drawing done by great great grandma that has been passed down that I am fond of which makes me wonder how long crayons have been around, lol.

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160911/2ec458b7d0e0698f6cb2e3c70c13c2d0.jpg

..sat2day•合掌

Jishin
09-11-2016, 04:08 PM
Wow. That's awesome!

Gasho, Jishin, _/st\_

Mp
09-11-2016, 04:14 PM
That is amazing Troy. =)

I also remember back in the day when we were on the phone (yes, we had the same phone) ...

We would doodle/colour on those felt colouring posters ...

All, those were the days! [claps]

Gassho
Shingen

s@today

Geika
09-11-2016, 04:59 PM
Ahh! Yes! The fuzzy posters! I had a unicorn one! :)

Gassho,
Sat today

Ongen
09-11-2016, 05:31 PM
Suddenly Bob Ross came to mind. At art school he was laughed at by my fellow students, but I think he did some wonderful stuff... it's almost like coloring and accessible to anyone who takes pleasure in being creative!

Gassho
Ongen

Sat Today