PDA

View Full Version : Yikes

Hoko
08-01-2016, 04:38 AM
Just finished evening zazen. Wanted to write this while it was fresh.

I don't want to over-talk this but I had a moment where everything just went "poof". The phrase "body and mind drop off" definitely came to mind. It wasn't exactly pleasant either. If I'm being honest it scared the crap out of me. I had a "what the hell" moment and scrambled back to "normal". I had to spend several minutes finding my breath and "opening back up again". Freaky.

And yes, I know this is just "zazen scenery" so I'm not going to make a big deal out of it but yowza. As I write this I'm already halfway to "did that actually happen?". Like waking up from an intense dream and trying to explain it to someone; it just sounds goofy. That's it.

Gassho
K2
#SatToday

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Jundo
08-01-2016, 04:57 AM
Lovely. Seeing through oneself even for an instant can be a bit jarring, and comes in many ways. Ya fell off the Kilff, ha! (tee hee)

Now, some tea.

Gassho, J

SatToday

(For other folks, here is what I usually write about such momentless moments ... )

http://www.treeleaf.org/forums/showthread.php?14577-into-the-void&p=181322&viewfull=1#post181322

Byokan
08-01-2016, 05:40 AM
Poof.

Goofy! gassho1

Gassho
Byōkan
sat today

Kyonin
08-01-2016, 06:35 PM
Hi K!

Sometimes I think we zen people tend to talk too much. But if you think about it, we have to use a lot of words to explain that Nothing is good.

Sometimes we have these kind of experiences, but as with any other zazen experience, just enjoy it for what it is and then go about your day.

All I can say is I have been there.

But now I'm here in the middle of a workday with a lot of laundry piled up. That is also poof :)

Gassho,

Kyonin
#SatToday

Ongen
09-05-2016, 05:06 AM
This made me laugh, (in a good way) thank you Kliff, I always enjoy your posts.

Gassho
Ongen

Sat today

Jundo
09-05-2016, 02:04 PM
I don't want to over-talk this but I had a moment where everything just went "poof". The phrase "body and mind drop off" definitely came to mind.

Gee, Kliff ... some month you are having! First, you get Enlightened above ... :buddha:

... but then you get ANGRY! [twisted]

Anger after zazen

http://www.treeleaf.org/forums/showthread.php?14693-Anger-after-zazen

... and then I see it is your birthday too! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Fortunately, we Buddhists don't quite believe in passing time ... [happybday]

http://www.treeleaf.org/forums/showthread.php?14669-A-nice-little-article-about-no-time&p=183683&viewfull=1#post183683

Gassho, J

SatToday

Hoko
09-05-2016, 02:52 PM
Lol.
Thanks, Jundo.
It HAS been a great month!

I'm on the road from Portland to Crater Lake Oregon today.
Got up at 4 am and stumbled to the bathroom.
I didn't remember it was my birthday until my wife reminded me!

That's when I "realized" I turned 47 & I was happy. Before that I was just tired.
Very enlightening.

As for the enlightenment experience the more time that passes (doesn't pass) the more I wonder if I didn't just fall asleep. A koan: Realizing one is interconnected with the universe and nodding off are just a hair's breadth apart. ;-)

Anger? It's like reverse arthritis. The older I get the easier it is to keep at bay. I can't make it go away completely but I can still amble about.

Meditating in the car with eyes half closed I can't tell if I'm moving forward or moving backwards. The car is moving, the Earth is moving, the universe is moving.
All of us are doing zazen.

Reading your birthday wish from Japan while I split the air in Oregon; soaring down the I-5 with my loved ones in the car I realize that heaven fits inside a 4 door rental.
Life is beautiful.

Thanks again for the birthday wishes!

Gassho,
K2
#SatToday

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk