PDA

View Full Version : June 17th-18th Treeleaf Weekly Zazenkai

Jundo
06-17-2016, 11:24 AM
NOTE: Due to small technical 'NON-difficulties', today's sit is a 're-sit of a prior week.

Hello All,

Please 'sit-a-long' with our weekly FRIDAY/SATURDAY 'LIVE FROM TREELEAF' 90 minute ZAZENKAI, netcast from 10am Japan time Saturday morning (that is New York 9pm, Los Angeles 6pm (Friday night), London 2am and Paris 3am (early Saturday morning)

... and to be visible on the following screen during those times and sit-a-long-able any time thereafter ...

LIVE ZAZENKAI NETCAST at GOOGLE+ IS HERE:
CLICK ON THE TAB ON LOWER RIGHT FOR 'FULL SCREEN

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AjYiqdy2_-M
EVENT PAGE:
https://plus.google.com/events/cof83hingpptcs1t06ihm7kmvpc

FOR THOSE NOT ALREADY MEMBERS OF THE CIRCLE WHO WISH TO JOIN TO SIT LIVE WITH A CAMERA, INSTRUCTIONS ARE POSTED AT THIS LINK (http://www.treeleaf.org/forums/showthread.php?10200-How-to-Join-GOOGLE-for-Zazenkai). WE ARE NOW LIMITED TO 10 INDIVIDUALS WITH CAMERAS, BUT ANY NUMBER CAN WATCH LIVE 'ONE WAY' AND SIT-A-LONG VIA THE ABOVE SCREEN. IF JOINING WITH CAMERA, PLEASE MAKE SURE YOUR MICROPHONE IS MUTED:

00:00 – 00:15 CEREMONY (HEART SUTRA in English) and Dedication
00:15 – 00:45 ZAZEN
00:45 – 00:55 KINHIN
00:55 – 01:25 ZAZEN
01:25 – 01:30 FOUR VOWS & VERSE OF ATONEMENT

As you can see, our Zazenkai consists of chanting the 'Heart Sutra' in English (the words are at the link below), some full floor prostrations in sets of three (please follow along with me ... or a simple Gassho can be substituted if you wish), followed by our Dedication, Zazen twice for about 30 minutes each, with 10 minutes of Kinhin in between, and we end the sitting with 'The Verse of Atonement' and 'The Four Vows'.

Please download and print out the Chants we will recite at the following link (PDF):

Chant Book (PDF) (http://www.treeleaf.org/treeleaf_zazenkai_chant_book.pdf)

or

Chant Book (SHORT VERSION HTML) (http://www.treeleaf.org/forums/showthread.php?7032-Weekly-Monthly-Zazenkai-Chant-Book-is-Here)

So, please join us as soon as you can, and we will keep a Zafu open for you.

Remember, when we drop all thought of 'here' 'there' 'now' 'then' ... we are sitting all together!

Gassho, Jundo gassho1

Mp
06-17-2016, 12:33 PM
Thank you Jundo, I will be there live with instruments ready. =)

Gassho
Shingen

s@today

Onkai
06-17-2016, 03:47 PM
Thank you, Jundo and Shingen. I'll be there live if tech allows and if there is room. Otherwise I will view it one way.

Gassho,
Onkai

Kyonin
06-17-2016, 05:04 PM
Hi guys!

I think I'll be late. If there's no live seats, I'll be one way.

Gassho,

Kyonin

Jakuden
06-17-2016, 09:30 PM
Doing another daughter's birthday tonight, will sit this over the weekend!
Gassho
Jakuden
SatToday

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Byokan
06-17-2016, 10:31 PM
Golly! Looks like I'll be able to sit the Zazenkai live (one way) this week. :) I will be there and be square.

Gassho
Byōkan
sat today

Mp
06-17-2016, 11:09 PM
if there is room

Wonderful, look forward to seeing you there. Also, we are on a first come first serve basis with our weekly and monthly zazenkais now. The special events are different when it comes to seating. =)

Gassho
Shingen

s@today

Tai Shi
06-18-2016, 12:23 AM
I would like to be there two way if possible. If not, perhaps place me on a waiting list---Thank you All.

Tai Shi
std
Gassho

Mp
06-18-2016, 02:34 AM
Thank you Jundo and everyone, always a pleasure. Had to pump up the volume and check out Jundo's new speakers ... [claps] Have a great weekend everyone. =)

Gassho
Shingen

s@today

Byokan
06-18-2016, 02:36 AM
Hayyy, where'd everybody go? Oh well! Thank you dear Sangha! gassho1

Gassho
Byōkan
sat today

Onkai
06-18-2016, 02:37 AM
Thank you, Jundo and Shingen and everyone. I was glad to sit with you all.

Gassho,
Onkai
SatToday

Myosha
06-18-2016, 02:43 AM
Thanks to all.

Gassho
Myosha
sat today

Jundo
06-18-2016, 02:48 AM
I posted a resit of a prior week due to technical "non-difficulties" with the recording and feed.

Thank you for all who were there, seen or unseen today.

Gassho, J

SatToday

ranitadechocolate27
06-18-2016, 07:08 PM
Hi everyone! Unfortunately I was not there but I was able to see the recording of the previous week.
. It was my first time doing the online zazen but had a lot of fun.

Thank you for a beautiful zazen and wish you a beautiful day too!

Gassho,

Adri

#SatToday

Gesendet von meinem MotoG3 mit Tapatalk

derek12261984
06-19-2016, 12:38 AM
Thank you Jundo and all for the wonderful service. This is definitely going to become a part of my weekly routine.

Thanks again,

Derek

Sat today

eusebius
06-23-2016, 04:58 PM
Thank you Jundo and everyone. I just sat along with the Zazenkai recording for the first time. Very grateful for this opportunity.
Gassho
Erika
Sat today

Tai Shi
06-25-2016, 02:58 PM
When I practice I pay the next day with razor slash in my neck. However,I get a great night's sleep

Tai Shi
sat today
Gassho