PDA

View Full Version : May 20th-21st Treeleaf Weekly Zazenkai

Jundo
05-20-2016, 02:44 AM
Hello All,

Please 'sit-a-long' with our weekly FRIDAY/SATURDAY 'LIVE FROM TREELEAF' 90 minute ZAZENKAI, netcast from 10am Japan time Saturday morning (that is New York 9pm, Los Angeles 6pm (Friday night), London 2am and Paris 3am (early Saturday morning)

... and to be visible on the following screen during those times and sit-a-long-able any time thereafter ...

LIVE ZAZENKAI NETCAST at GOOGLE+ IS HERE:
CLICK ON THE TAB ON LOWER RIGHT FOR 'FULL SCREEN

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qqmx7SfTL58
EVENT PAGE:
https://plus.google.com/events/ca01haa0te392k2r13hhv6smj1o

FOR THOSE NOT ALREADY MEMBERS OF THE CIRCLE WHO WISH TO JOIN TO SIT LIVE WITH A CAMERA, INSTRUCTIONS ARE POSTED AT THIS LINK (http://www.treeleaf.org/forums/showthread.php?10200-How-to-Join-GOOGLE-for-Zazenkai). WE ARE NOW LIMITED TO 10 INDIVIDUALS WITH CAMERAS, BUT ANY NUMBER CAN WATCH LIVE 'ONE WAY' AND SIT-A-LONG VIA THE ABOVE SCREEN. IF JOINING WITH CAMERA, PLEASE MAKE SURE YOUR MICROPHONE IS MUTED:

00:00 – 00:15 CEREMONY (HEART SUTRA in English) and Dedication
00:15 – 00:45 ZAZEN
00:45 – 00:55 KINHIN
00:55 – 01:25 ZAZEN
01:25 – 01:30 FOUR VOWS & VERSE OF ATONEMENT

As you can see, our Zazenkai consists of chanting the 'Heart Sutra' in English (the words are at the link below), some full floor prostrations in sets of three (please follow along with me ... or a simple Gassho can be substituted if you wish), followed by our Dedication, Zazen twice for about 30 minutes each, with 10 minutes of Kinhin in between, and we end the sitting with 'The Verse of Atonement' and 'The Four Vows'.

Please download and print out the Chants we will recite at the following link (PDF):

Chant Book (PDF) (http://www.treeleaf.org/treeleaf_zazenkai_chant_book.pdf)

or

Chant Book (SHORT VERSION HTML) (http://www.treeleaf.org/forums/showthread.php?7032-Weekly-Monthly-Zazenkai-Chant-Book-is-Here)

So, please join us as soon as you can, and we will keep a Zafu open for you.

Remember, when we drop all thought of 'here' 'there' 'now' 'then' ... we are sitting all together!

Gassho, Jundo gassho1

Doshin
05-20-2016, 03:04 AM
I will be with you one or both ways.

Gassho
Doshin
sattoday

Mp
05-20-2016, 03:19 AM
Thank you Jundo, I will be there live with bell and mokugyo ready. =)

Gassho
Shingen

s@today

Washin
05-20-2016, 08:26 AM
Thank you. Sitting with a recording during the weekend.

Gassho
Washin
sat today

Joyo
05-20-2016, 02:44 PM
I will be there live. =)

Gassho,
Joyo
sat today

Sekishi
05-20-2016, 02:50 PM
I'll be there two way, internet willing.

Gassho,
Sekishi

#sattoday

Kyonin
05-20-2016, 03:24 PM
Hi all!

I'll be there as well with bell and mokugyo ready just in case :D

Gassho,

Kyonin

Onkai
05-20-2016, 03:29 PM
Thank you, Jundo. I will be there two-way or one-way.

Gassho,
Onkai

RichardH
05-20-2016, 08:43 PM
I be there at 9 EST.

Gassho

Daizan

Sat today

Jakuden
05-20-2016, 09:13 PM
I'm going to have to sit this one later, although I will miss sitting with you all tonight while I'm scurrying around getting ready for my younger daughter's birthday party tomorrow. Am trying to make it all Samu.

Gassho,
Jakuden
SatToday

Mp
05-20-2016, 11:55 PM
birthday party tomorrow

Did someone say "Birthday Party"? [juggler] [claps]

Gassho
Shingen

s@today

Jakuden
05-21-2016, 12:10 AM
Haha yes all Treeleafers are welcome :) The bonfire (fun part for the grownups) starts about 6 PM, although we might get rained out! I might end up sitting with you guys tonight after all, I'm too whupped to do much more party prep tonight.

Gassho
Jakuden
SatToday

Shinzan
05-21-2016, 12:40 AM
I'll be there one way. Snowing!! here. Crazy.
_/st\_ Shinzan

Mp
05-21-2016, 12:50 AM
I'll be there one way. Snowing!! here. Crazy.
_/st\_ Shinzan

Snowing? Wow ... bring out the dog sled. [emoji50]

Gassho
Shingen

s@today

Sekishi
05-21-2016, 02:32 AM
Thank you all. Wonderful to sit with snow and rain, humans, birds, and frogs (here in Virginia USA they are NOISY)!

Gassho,
Sekishi

#sattoday

Shinzan
05-21-2016, 02:32 AM
Say, isn't there an old koan about the student, the master and the broken tea bowl with golden seams? Something about, "were it not for the brokenness, how would the beauty of the golden repair, the awareness and compassion, shine?
Can anyone help me with the reference?

Anyhow, a lovely metaphor, and a lovely little tea bowl there.
_/st\_ Shinzan

Onkai
05-21-2016, 02:37 AM
Thank you Jundo and everyone. It was a lovely sitting and a lovely talk. I had some connectivity issues at the end, though. I think it was from my own connection.

Gassho,
Onkai
SatToday

Mp
05-21-2016, 02:42 AM
Thank you Jundo, lovely talk and thank you all for sitting. Enjoy your weekend. =)

Gassho
Shingen

s@today

Joyo
05-21-2016, 02:43 AM
Thank you to Jundo, Shingen and all of you for sitting together. Have a great weekend.

Gassho,
Joyo
sat today

Jundo
05-21-2016, 03:24 AM
Say, isn't there an old koan about the student, the master and the broken tea bowl with golden seams? Something about, "were it not for the brokenness, how would the beauty of the golden repair, the awareness and compassion, shine?
Can anyone help me with the reference?

Anyhow, a lovely metaphor, and a lovely little tea bowl there.
_/st\_ Shinzan

Thank you Shinzan. I don't believe I have heard it before, and would not have found this story if you had not mentioned it.

Moon-Heart, a Zen student, was serving tea to her special guest, Abbess Eko of a nearby temple and Mushin, a dharma heir of the Abbess, stopped by. Mushin was a “wild women” and carried a bone instead of the usual ceremonial stick.

In the midst of appreciating the exquisite bowl, Mushin smashed the bowl with her bone and shattered it into pieces. “Now, said the wild women, “Look at the Authentic Tea Bowl that exists before birth?”

Moon-Heart blanched, gasped and nearly fainted. The Abbess of the temple said calmly, “I gave you this tea bowl, but now, I would like you to give it back to me. Before you do, gather the pieces, glue them, and fill the cracks with gold. Then have a box made for it. On the cover of the box, write the name of the bowl, which I now give as “The Authentic Tea Bowl Before Birth.” I will reverently pass this bowl on to my Dharma descendants.

Now I ask you: What is the Authentic Tea Bowl Before Birth?

Here is the tea cup repaired by Dani today ...

Gassho, J

SatToday

Myosha
05-21-2016, 08:21 AM
Perfectly imperfect.

Thanks to all.

Gassho
Myosha sat today

Gokai
05-21-2016, 09:51 AM
I Just Sat Today with all of You and the zazenkai recording. One more beatiful talk of Jundo.
Thank You very much.
I wish You all peace and a great weekend.
This is a very beatiful Sangha.
Gassho, David
Sattoday

Kyonin
05-21-2016, 10:37 AM
Thank you all who sat / will sit.

Gassho,

Kyonin
#SatToday

Jika
05-21-2016, 02:24 PM
Thank you all.

This tea cup is counterproductive:
I - want - one - too! [morehappy]
Would fit my crackpot.

Wonderful work and talk.

Gassho
Jika
#sattoday

Ryo Do
05-21-2016, 04:06 PM
Thank you everybody!

Gassho
Ryo Do

Sat with you today

Washin
05-21-2016, 06:34 PM
Just sat with you all. Thank you.

Gassho
Washin

Kotei
05-22-2016, 06:57 AM
Thank you all.

Now I have two Cohens sitting in my head. ;-)

'Ring the bell that still can ring
Forget your perfect offering
There is a crack. A crack in everything
That's how the light gets in'
- The other Cohen - Anthem

Gassho,
Kotei sattoday.

Tai Shi
05-22-2016, 07:29 AM
Thank you for the video--I felt right there--relaxed and at peace! Thank you Jundo.

Tai Shi
sat today
Gassho

Deirdre
05-22-2016, 05:13 PM
I sat with the recording this morning. I enjoyed how the sounds of the birds chirping outside of the zendo in Japan mingled with the chorus of birds outside of my window here in Maine. It was a wonderful reminder of how we are connected across time and place...and that love is everywhere!! I appreciate the birds for providing these important lessons as well as their lovely songs. gassho2

Gassho,

- Deirdre
sat2day

Geika
05-22-2016, 05:17 PM
I joined in yesterday. Thank you all, gassho.

Sat today

Roland
05-22-2016, 08:31 PM
Thank you to all the healers of cracked teapots.

Gassho

Roland
#SatToday

Jundo
05-23-2016, 01:17 AM
Thank you to all the healers of cracked teapots.

Gassho

Roland
#SatToday

We are a Sangha of crackpots ... :p

Gassho, J

SatToday

Matt
05-23-2016, 01:36 AM
Sitting this now.
Gassho,
Matt

Kokuu
05-23-2016, 10:49 AM
Thank you all, dear sangha. I particularly wanted to sit this one for Lee and managed to sit half and lie down for half.

Go well dear friend.

Deep bows
Kokuu
#justsat

martyrob
05-24-2016, 01:06 PM
Many thanks to all.

Feeling like a cracked cup at the moment but felt a few threads of gold running through today's zazenkai.

Wishing all well.

Martyn.
Sat today

Tai Shi
05-25-2016, 10:56 AM
To be honest--All--I admire and care--and often I do feel like a cracked pot in our Zendo. Even after a year and a half as a member, I am still learning what proper behavior is, and the whys often escape. I have made some wonderful friends at Treeleaf, and I willingly and with great appreciation went through Jukai, and yet I'm sometimes unsure what is accepted. For example--this morning I learned not to post my photos on G+, so I deleted pictures of my the houses in my home town. I am indeed very happy with my Dharma name. And yet I wonder where ego and misunderstanding play into what I consider sensitivity from Jundp. I am not "good" with computers, so some navigation and direction is beyond me. Lovingly sometimes a cracked pot.

Tai Chi
Elgwyn
sat
Gassho

Mp
05-25-2016, 12:36 PM
To be honest--All--I admire and care--and often I do feel like a cracked pot in our Zendo. Even after a year and a half as a member, I am still learning what proper behavior is, and the whys often escape. I have made some wonderful friends at Treeleaf, and I willingly and with great appreciation went through Jukai, and yet I'm sometimes unsure what is accepted. For example--this morning I learned not to post my photos on G+, so I deleted pictures of my the houses in my home town. I am indeed very happy with my Dharma name. And yet I wonder where ego and misunderstanding play into what I consider sensitivity from Jundp. I am not "good" with computers, so some navigation and direction is beyond me. Lovingly sometimes a cracked pot.

Tai Chi
Elgwyn
sat
Gassho

gassho2

Gassho
Shingen

s@today

Anshu Bryson
05-26-2016, 04:38 AM
Here is the tea cup repaired by Dani today ...

Gassho, J

SatToday

Wonderful!

Gassho,
Anshu

_/st\_