PDA

View Full Version : The Making of the Buddha: Siddhartha and Yasodhara Hand in Hand

Kaishin
04-12-2016, 05:57 PM
Interesting talk about the important role of Yasodhara, Siddhartha's wife, in his enlightenment. Perhaps most importantly, paints a very different picture of his home-leaving than the usual "cruel abandonment" story.

http://www.mnzencenter.org/media_download.php?file=audio/wi20160313.mp3

Kyonin
04-12-2016, 06:21 PM
Thanks, Kaishin!

I have yet to listen to the podcast, but in the book Old Path, White Clouds, Thich Nhat Hanh mentions the kind of love and friendship Siddhartha had with Yasodhara. The book says Siddhartha's leaving was an agreement between he and his wife in order to be of better help to the community. I really like that point of view, so this podcast should be interesting.

I'll let you know when I have listened to it.

Gassho,

Kyonin
#SatToday

Kaishin
04-12-2016, 06:22 PM
Thanks, Kaishin!

I have yet to listen to the podcast, but in the book Old Path, White Clouds, Thich Nhat Hanh mentions the kind of love and friendship Siddhartha had with Yasodhara. The book says Siddhartha's leaving was an agreement between he and his wife in order to be of better help to the community. I really like that point of view, so this podcast should be interesting.

I'll let you know when I have listened to it.

Gassho,

Kyonin
#SatToday

You will enjoy it, because she references that very book! :)