Thread: SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT: Join Us for Hoyu's Visit ...and a weekend of special events...

SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT: Join Us for Hoyu's Visit ...and a weekend of special events...

Our long time Sangha member Hoyu is coming with his whole family to visit our family this weekend at Treeleaf in Tsukuba. Hoyu has been in Japan all week visiting his wife's family who are from Yokohama. To mark Hoyu John's visit, there will be a few special events.

Tomorrow (Friday) night, Japan time (sorry, not sure of the exact time yet), Hoyu will offer tea here in a formal Tea Ceremony, for all our Sangha members to partake. Hoyu is a Sensei of the Japanese Tea Ceremony, and has brought his bowls and implements all this way just for our being together.

I am not sure of the exact time of the ceremony, or whether folks can participate via Google+, but I will post information in this thread and the recording. Please keep an eye out for that, and join us with a cup of tea of your own. It may be (not sure yet) ...

... from 9pm Japan time Friday night (that is New York 8am, Los Angeles 5am (Friday morning), London 1pm and Paris 2pm (Friday afternoon)

Hoyu will also join us for our weekly Friday-Saturday Zazenkai live from Treeleaf ...

http://www.treeleaf.org/forums/forum...ENKAI-NETCASTS

That will be ... from 9am Japan time Saturday morning (that is New York 8pm, Los Angeles 5pm (Friday night), London 1am and Paris 2am (early Saturday morning)

... and to close the fesivities, we will have a SPECIAL CEREMONY "OFFICIALLY" MARKING THE OPENING OF OUR NEW TREELEAF FORUM AND WEBPAGE (even though it has actually been up and running for a few weeks) and a traditional-not-so-traditional MEMORIAL SERVICE TO RETIRE OUR OLD COMPUTER HARDWARE AND SOFTWARE that has served to link us in this Sangha for so many years. The ceremony will be (one hour later than originally planned) ...

... from 10pm Japan time Saturday night (that is New York 9am, Los Angeles 6am (Saturday morning), London 2pm and Paris 2pm (Saturday afternoon)

I apologize for the change, due to Hoyu attending Aikido with my wife Mina.

I will have Google+ links up for each shortly before our beginning time. Please check back in this forum.

Welcome Hoyu John!

Gassho, Jundo
    Last edited by Jundo; 07-28-2012 at 03:39 AM.
    ALL OF LIFE IS OUR TEMPLE

I'll be there.

Yugen
    I will be there as well....

Gassho
    Yugen

I'll be there too

Gassho,
    Hoyu

P.S. The time schedule sounds good.
    Ho (Dharma)
    Yu (Hot Water)

I'll be there for Zazenkai and the Opening Ceremony
    Hondō Kyōnin
    奔道 協忍

Very cool!
    Gassho, Kaishin
    Thanks,
    Kaishin (開心, Open Heart)
    Please take this layman's words with a grain of salt.

For those who are able to sit in on the tea ceremony please feel free to participate at home. If everyone can collect ahead of time....
    1) a sweet to eat
    2) a cup of your favorite tea. Heck, feel free to make it a cup of java if tea isn't your thing!(though I still wish for you at least consider giving tea a try )

Just have them ready and we will instruct you when to eat and drink. Nothing to complicated. Just relax and enjoy

Gassho,
    Hoyu
    Ho (Dharma)
    Yu (Hot Water)

Mp
    Wonderful, I will be there.

Gassho
    Michael

I just posted a little "welcome Zazen" with Hoyu ... and we will have our Tea Ceremony in a few hours too ...

http://www.treeleaf.org/forums/showt...d-Tea-Ceremony

Gassho, J

Our SPECIAL CEREMONY "OFFICIALLY" MARKING THE OPENING OF OUR NEW TREELEAF FORUM AND WEBPAGE and MEMORIAL SERVICE TO RETIRE OUR OLD COMPUTER HARDWARE AND SOFTWARE will begin at the following times (one hour later than originally planned) ...

... from 10pm Japan time Saturday night (that is New York 9am, Los Angeles 6am (Saturday morning), London 2pm and Paris 2pm (Saturday afternoon)

I apologize for the change, due to Hoyu attending Aikido with my wife Mina.

Gassho, J

Oh... I'll have to sit the recorded version later today.
    Hondō Kyōnin
    奔道 協忍

I'll watch and sit both the Tea Ceremony, and the new Treeleaf Site Ceromony, tonight. Going on a family outing today.

Gassho. Kojip.
    Last edited by RichardH; 07-28-2012 at 12:35 PM.

Mp
    Thank you Jundo and Hoyu. I will have to sit with the "Special Ceremony" later tonight.

Gassho
    Michael