Thread: Being of value to Sangha

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Being of value to Sangha

Until recently I was attending regular sittings at a beautiful little Zendo. It was in a space rented by the Dharma Drum organization, and shared with the Son group I was sitting with. The landlord sold the building this past winter... and the group moved across the city where I simply could no longer get-to for regular Tuesday evening practice. The teachings of this group were the kind I have heard many times over the years, and to be honest... weren't the important thing. The important thing for me was the group practice.... chanting, bowing, sitting.....together. This was where the rubber hit the road, and it is also where I happened to be useful. Every time this mouth opens, a bull charges out and knocks over a china display. But when I just sit, I sit with, as, for, and by, everyone sitting with me. It is not only an amazing support of my own practice, it supports the practice of others. By being a rock of consistency, always being there, and always just doing it, with no melodrama, I contributed something solid and true....and I knew it. ...and it was a joy to be that rock. So.. here at treeleaf, with this forum board, and my own history of blabbing on boards, it is more important than ever, to contribute in the best way I can, and that is to be there/here ,always, for group practice and sit well... no muss, no fuss.

I think we all contribute in different ways, everyone has a strength, and finding what it is makes a difference. Everyone is different.

Just sharing with Sangha.

Gassho/kojip
    Last edited by RichardH; 06-26-2012 at 02:30 PM.