Thread: June 23rd, 2012 Treeleaf Weekly Zazenkai

June 23rd, 2012 Treeleaf Weekly Zazenkai

Hello All,

JUNDO NOTE: DUE TO MY NEED TO ATTEND A FUNERAL, WE WILL BE STARTING 1 HOUR EARLY (TIMES BELOW). ALSO, I WILL HAVE MY DAUGHTER SADA WITH ME AS MINA IS AT THE WAKE. WE WILL ALSO SEE IF WE MAYBE CAN GO WITH GOOGLE+ THIS TIME!

Please 'sit-a-long' with our weekly FRIDAY/SATURDAY 'LIVE FROM TREELEAF' 90 minute ZAZENKAI, netcast LIVE from 8am Japan time Saturday morning (that is New York 7pm, Los Angeles 4pm (Friday night), London midnight and Paris 1am (early Saturday morning)

... and to be visible at the following link during those times and any time thereafter ...

LIVE ZAZENKAI NETCAST at GOOGLE+ IS HERE:
    CLICK ON THE TAB ON LOWER RIGHT FOR 'FULL SCREEN

FOR THOSE NOT ALREADY MEMBERS OF THE CIRCLE WHO WISH TO JOIN TO SIT LIVE WITH A CAMERA, INSTRUCTIONS WILL BE POSTED FOR FUTURE WEEKS. WE ARE NOW LIMITED TO 10 INDIVIDUALS WITH CAMERAS, BUT ANY NUMBER CAN WATCH LIVE 'ONE WAY' AND SIT-A-LONG:

00:00 – 00:15 CEREMONY (HEART SUTRA in English ONLY) and Dedication
    00:15 – 00:45 ZAZEN
    00:45 – 00:55 KINHIN
    00:55 – 01:25 ZAZEN
    01:25 – 01:30 FOUR VOWS, & VERSE OF ATONEMENT

As you can see, our Zazenkai consists of chanting the 'Heart Sutra' in English (the words are at the link below), some full floor prostrations in sets of three (please follow along with me ... or a simple Gassho can be substituted if you wish), followed by our Dedication, Zazen twice for 30 minutes each, with 10 minutes of Kinhin in between, and we end the sitting with 'The Verse of Atonement' and 'The Four Vows'.

Please download and print out the words of the Chants we will recite at the following link:

Chant Book

So, please join us as soon as you can, and we will keep a Zafu open for you.

Remember, when we drop all thought of 'here' 'there' 'now' 'then' ... we are sitting all together!

Gassho, Jundo
    Last edited by Jundo; 06-24-2012 at 03:21 AM.

Hi everyone.
    I'm very sorry, but in the process of moving this week's Zazenkai to the library, I inadvertently removed the original thread for this post. All of the comments should still be available in the library post.

http://www.treeleaf.org/forums/conte...eekly-Zazenkai

Very sorry. Gassho.
    Chris

Sat with Myoku on G+ . Gassho to those sitting this and metta to all.
    Heisoku 平 息
    Every day is a journey, and the journey itself is home. (Basho)

Chris wrote:
    I'm very sorry, but in the process of moving this week's Zazenkai to the library, I inadvertently removed the original thread for this post.
    No problem Chris(and thanks again for all your hard work). I'll just repost what I did there here....

Dosho wrote:
    My thanks to Jundo and all who sat, including my Dad for the first round of zazen and kinhin. I am enternally grateful to all!
    That's wonderful Dosho!

Kyonin wrote:
    Too bad I got booted because of inactivity. I won't forget to move the mouse during kinhin
    I always forget to do this during Kinhin too! Usually have to rush over. Which is why I think this is a superb idea.....
    Jundo wrote:
    Also, I am going to try a bluetooth mouse from across the room, because otherwise I will have to let Google know that I am still there by getting up and rushing over to the computer.
    Now on to my 2cents:
    I loved it!! Not only was it AWESOME to see you all, it was also sooooo convenient! Typically Zazenkai requires opening and running 2 web browsers, messing around with splitting the screen and signing in at both JustinTV & G+! Now all I have to do is show up at G+. Done!
    Gassho,
    Hoyu

P.S. Where did the eye in the sky go? I really liked the bird's eye view we had last time
    Last edited by Hoyu; 06-23-2012 at 01:44 PM.
    Ho (Dharma)
    Yu (Hot Water)

Had some internet connection problem but was able to see everyone briefly and may have even joined the circle for awhile. No. Problem. Will sit with recorded version this eve.
    _/_
    Rich
    MUHYO
    無 (MU, Emptiness) and 氷 (HYO, Ice) ... Emptiness Ice ...

https://instagram.com/notmovingmind

Simply amazing to see you all there (had to do recorded live version due to the early time frame, kids and google+ overwhelms my tiny internet connection :C) Beautiful! Jundo and Sada thank you! Dosho great to see your guys on there too

deep bows

Shohei

Gassho and thank you to everyone,
    for Jundo this must have been a new experience, seeing people seeing him
    Myoku

Mp
    Thank you everyone for the sit. Also, thank you Dokan for the help with Google + glitch.

Jundo ... nice to see you doing Zazen with Sada ... made me smile .

Sada is so cool

Gassho
    Thank you for your practice

Quote Originally Posted by christhatischris View Post
    Hi everyone.
    I'm very sorry, but in the process of moving this week's Zazenkai to the library, I inadvertently removed the original thread for this post. All of the comments should still be available in the library post.

http://www.treeleaf.org/forums/conte...eekly-Zazenkai

Very sorry. Gassho.
    Chris
    Hi Chris, I can't find those posts (maybe looking in the wrong place) but would like to re-post this link.. for a plug-in that automatically checks the 90 minute timeout on Google Plus Hangouts..

http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/131680

Installing it just requires clicking the green button at screen right. I tried to test it, but will need to do a Hangout with others before telling if it works. I haven't detected anything unsafe as of yet.

Gassho,kojip..

....oh and about the Zazenkai , i'd just like to say.. it was like a whole new Treeleaf Sangha for me, the same sense of group energy and support as practicing in one room.

Quote Originally Posted by Kojip View Post
    Installing it just requires clicking the green button at screen right. I tried to test it, but will need to do a Hangout with others before telling if it works. I haven't detected anything unsafe as of yet.
    Great find Kojip. I ran a hangout all night last night and was still connected this morning!

Gassho

Dokan

Sent from my GT-P1000 using Tapatalk 2
    We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are.
    ~Anaïs Nin

Hi Dokan,

That is wonderful.

I need to know, though, if one 4 hour Zazenkai "hangout" will become a single, 4 hour youtube recording (for our monthly 4 hour Zazenkai).

I used to break up the Justin netcast into 3 parts, because Justin has a 2 hour time limit on any one recording.

Also, can I still break up the recording into 3 parts now without having to stop and restart a new hangout?

Gassho, J

Quote Originally Posted by Dokan View Post
    Great find Kojip. I ran a hangout all night last night and was still connected this morning!

Gassho

Dokan

Sent from my GT-P1000 using Tapatalk 2
    ALL OF LIFE IS OUR TEMPLE

I got to sit the Zazenkai last night as well, though not live, and it was amazing to get to see everyone in one place. It really helps 'develop' the experience.

Thank you Kojip for sharing the script. That will come in handy for all.

Gassho,
    Chris

Even though I missed the first half due to internet connection problems, the experience was amazing. Now I'm going to let it go.

Hey, that worked rather well!

Gassho

Jen

Hi all,
    Would have loved to sit with you all live. Will sit the recorded version this morning.
    Gassho
    Myozan