Thread: June 16th, 2012 Treeleaf Weekly Zazenka (partial netcast)

June 16th, 2012 Treeleaf Weekly Zazenka (partial netcast)

Hello All,

NOTE: WE WERE ONLY ABLE TO HAVE KYONIN JOIN US FROM MEXICO TODAY ... AND MY COMPUTER DECIDED TO INSTALL SOME SOFTWARE 20 MINUTES INTO THE SITTING WHICH CUT THE NETCAST OFF ... SO LET US CONSIDER TODAY A 'TRIAL RUN' ... AND WE WILL HAVE OUR 'OFFICIAL' OPENING OF OUR 'SEE EACH OTHER, SEE AS ONE' NOT-TWO WAY ZAZENKAI NEXT WEEK!

Please 'sit-a-long' with our weekly FRIDAY/SATURDAY 'LIVE FROM TREELEAF' 90 minute ZAZENKAI, netcast LIVE from 9am Japan time Saturday morning (that is New York 8pm, Los Angeles 5pm (Friday night), London 1am and Paris 2am (early Saturday morning)

... and to be visible at the following link during those times and any time thereafter ...

LIVE ZAZENKAI NETCAST at GOOGLE+ IS HERE:
    CLICK ON THE TAB ON LOWER RIGHT FOR 'FULL SCREEN

FOR THOSE NOT ALREADY MEMBERS OF THE CIRCLE WHO WISH TO JOIN TO SIT LIVE WITH A CAMERA, INSTRUCTIONS WILL BE POSTED FOR FUTURE WEEKS. WE ARE NOW LIMITED TO 10 INDIVIDUALS WITH CAMERAS, BUT ANY NUMBER CAN WATCH LIVE 'ONE WAY' AND SIT-A-LONG:

00:00 – 00:15 CEREMONY (HEART SUTRA in English ONLY) and Dedication
    00:15 – 00:45 ZAZEN
    00:45 – 00:55 KINHIN
    00:55 – 01:25 ZAZEN
    01:25 – 01:30 FOUR VOWS, & VERSE OF ATONEMENT

As you can see, our Zazenkai consists of chanting the 'Heart Sutra' in English (the words are at the link below), some full floor prostrations in sets of three (please follow along with me ... or a simple Gassho can be substituted if you wish), followed by our Dedication, Zazen twice for 30 minutes each, with 10 minutes of Kinhin in between, and we end the sitting with 'The Verse of Atonement' and 'The Four Vows'.

Please download and print out the words of the Chants we will recite at the following link:

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=2231

So, please join us as soon as you can, and we will keep a Zafu open for you.

Remember, when we drop all thought of 'here' 'there' 'now' 'then' ... we are sitting all together!

Gassho, Jundo
    Last edited by Jundo; 06-16-2012 at 05:56 AM.
    ALL OF LIFE IS OUR TEMPLE

Yugen
    I will be sitting with the recorded version over the weekend - sorry not to be joining you live

Gassho
    Yugen

Mp
    I will be there live ...

Gassho,
    Michael

Very cool! I wish that I could be there and hope that it goes well.

Gassho,
    Chris

Standby ... just spoke to Chris ... we may try to go for nondoing this tomorrow as a Google Hangout after all ...

Consulting with out tech gurus now ...

Good luck with the two way sitting! I'll sit to the recorded version during the weekend. 2 am is well... 2 am...

Rimon Barcelona, Spain
    "Practice and the goal of practice are identical." [i:auj57aui]John Daido Loori[/i:auj57aui]

I'll be there live!
    Hondō Kyōnin
    奔道 協忍

Will be there and will try Google+
    _/_
    Rich
    MUHYO
    無 (MU, Emptiness) and 氷 (HYO, Ice) ... Emptiness Ice ...

https://instagram.com/notmovingmind

I'll be there.

Just as a note, if anyone is "camera shy" I believe you can attend the live sitting without appearing on the broadcast when we do switch to G+. I would encourage all to do so, but I am quite sure when I first arrived that the idea of appearing on camera would have scared me half to death! Can one of the tech gurus explain how that would work? Thanks!

Gassho,
    Dosho

If the family non-schedule allows I really hope to sit this one live.

Quote Originally Posted by Dosho View Post
    Just as a note, if anyone is "camera shy" I believe you can attend the live sitting without appearing on the broadcast when we do switch to G+.
    Thanks Dosho for the reminder!

So, unless you join the Hangout on the Treeleaf Sangha page you will only be watching the YouTube video.

The YouTube stream/recorded version will be posted to the Treeleaf Sangha page as well as to this Zazenkai thread.

Hope this helps.

Gassho,

Dokan

PS - I will attempt to sit live (on Hangout) however it's sort of dependent on the tolerance of my 3 year old...as I'm on babysitting duty while my wife throws a bunch of guys around at Aikido.
    Last edited by Dokan; 06-15-2012 at 01:41 PM.
    We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are.
    ~Anaïs Nin

Quote Originally Posted by Dokan View Post
    Hope this helps.
    Yes, it surely does Dokan...thank you!

Gassho,
    Dosho

I'll be there.

Just as a note, if anyone is "camera shy" I believe you can attend the live sitting without appearing on the broadcast when we do switch to G+. I would encourage all to do so, but I am quite sure when I first arrived that the idea of appearing on camera would have scared me half to death! Can one of the tech gurus explain how that would work? Thanks!

Gassho,
    Dosho
    I think you can just turn your camera off, just like you would your microphone. (I am very far away from a tech guru so I could very well be wrong FYI)

Ron
    Meido Shugen
    明道 修眼

Quote Originally Posted by rculver View Post
    I think you can just turn your camera off, just like you would your microphone. (I am very far away from a tech guru so I could very well be wrong FYI)

Ron
    I think the only issue there is that you may take up the space of someone who does want to be on camera because, please correct me techies if I'm wrong, there is a limit of 10 on a Hangout.

Gassho,
    Dosho

See you guys there!

there is a limit of 10 on a Hangout.
    Yep! But hey, if we have 10 people all live, that's pretty awesome...whether we can see them or not!

Gassho,

Dokan
    ~Anaïs Nin

I think the only issue there is that you may take up the space of someone who does want to be on camera because, please correct me techies if I'm wrong, there is a limit of 10 on a Hangout.

Gassho,
    Dosho
    That's right. The limit for people inside the Hangout is 10, but there's no limit for live viewers. So if you can't get in on time, you can still sit live... which is pretty much the same as in Justin.
    Hondō Kyōnin
    奔道 協忍

I'll be there... just need to figure out the tech thing.. got a cam.. just signed up for G+..

Dear all,
    Best of luck tonight. I'll be fast asleep at 1am, but will sit the recorded version over the weekend as usual.
    Gassho
    Myozan

Will sit the recorded version.

Gassho

Willow

Quote Originally Posted by Dokan View Post
    Yep! But hey, if we have 10 people all live, that's pretty awesome...whether we can see them or not!
    Quite true Dokan...I was just thinking that if we have 10 people who want to join in with cameras, I think it best for someone without a cam to just watch live. But if we're not full up, by all means!

Gassho,
    Dosho

Hey, I have wanted to join in for a very long time live. but the hours are really late for me. its 3am in the morning here during the zazenkai.
    any chance to add another live one or maybe move the times a bit?
    maybe make each week in different time so people in different time zones could join?
    that way each week a different group of people could join in.

Gassho, Dojin.
    I gained nothing at all from supreme enlightenment, and for that very reason it is called supreme enlightenment
    - the Buddha

Hi Guys,

I don't think that I am yet "friends" with everyone in my "circle" (I am still learning this too), so please be patient if you cannot get in today. In fact, Kyonin is the only person I am sure of, as we ran a test last night. My email I am using for the Treeleaf page is jundotreeleaf@gmail.com, and I don't have everyone yet as a friend there. We will figure this out by next week if I cannot get everyone in today (I will see if we can add some folks in time today). I will try to have the computers running about 20 minutes before we start on the hour.

And Dojin and our friends in Europe, yes, we are planning to add some more live sittings at various times during the week led by our novice priests. However, the "Treeleaf Zazenkai" is a community event, and so we ask that you join in there when you can too ... dropping all thought of now, then, here, there ... live or recorded.

Gassho, Jundo

Hi Jundo,

If you add the Treeleaf Sangha page:

https://plus.google.com/b/116930448607190706458/

then I can add you there and re-share the circle so everyone has you.

But if you switch to Treeleaf Sangha page and start the hangout from there then you'll have everyone anyway.

Gassho,

Dokan

Quote Originally Posted by Jundo View Post
    Hi Guys,

I don't think that I am yet "friends" with everyone in my "circle" (I am still learning this too), so please be patient if you cannot get in today. In fact, Kyonin is the only person I am sure of, as we ran a test last night. My email I am using for the Treeleaf page is jundotreeleaf@gmail.com, and I don't have everyone yet as a friend there. We will figure this out by next week if I cannot get everyone in today (I will see if we can add some folks in time today). I will try to have the computers running about 20 minutes before we start on the hour.

And Dojin and our friends in Europe, yes, we are planning to add some more live sittings at various times during the week led by our novice priests. However, the "Treeleaf Zazenkai" is a community event, and so we ask that you join in there when you can too ... dropping all thought of now, then, here, there ... live or recorded.

Gassho, Jundo
    Last edited by Dokan; 06-15-2012 at 11:31 PM.
    ~Anaïs Nin

Jundo,

I am here and believe I have you in my friend list, so anytime you want to start the hangout we could see if we can connect as you did with Kyonin.

Gassho,
    Dosho

IMPORTANT NOTICE!

Jundo is live RIGHT NOW for Zazenkai.

In order to get in, please visit the Treeleaf G+ page at https://plus.google.com/u/0/116930448607190706458/posts

Be sure to be following the page first and add it to your circles. Otherwise Jundo won't be able to invite you.
    Hondō Kyōnin
    奔道 協忍

I am in the circle, but what does following the page mean. At present I see nothing.

I am on the Treeleaf G+ page and see no activity.

Ya me either. Hopefully Jundo can switch to the Treeleaf Sangha page (as he's an admin now) and then start a hangout from there. At present I don't see a hangout active from him nor Treeleaf Sangha.

Gassho,

Dokan
    ~Anaïs Nin

Mp
    Diddo ... I too am in the circle, but see nothing as well.

Gassho

I have my regular feed on one page, Jundo's page on another, and the Treeleaf page and see nothing about the Hangout.

I now see the feed but can't join.

C'est la vie. .....a new medium.. .....a couple things to figure out.

I'll sit with the recorded version in the morning.

Gassho, kojip.

Well, even though I couldn't see any of you after 20 minutes, I knew you were there all along. My thanks to Jundo and all who sat, are sitting, or will sit!

Deep bows...

Gassho,
    Dosho

While the Jundo feed died right before the first zazen, a few of us sat the rest of the zazenkai together. I'll post up the video after it finishes processing.

Gassho,

Dokan
    ~Anaïs Nin

This was a very experimental Zazenkai, but it's all part of our practice.

Thank you, Jundo.

And thanks all who sat and will sit.
    Hondō Kyōnin
    奔道 協忍

Thank you, a perfect imperfect Zazenkai :02.47-tranquillity:

Have a great weekend

Gassho
    Thank you for your practice

I will hopefully participate in the not too distant future. I bought a camera this evening, but then got caught up with business travel activities that I could not get away. I will watch the recording and keep sitting.

Wow, all I see on this forum are a lot of excuses :P (I'm Kidding by the way; I have a devious sense of humor) Thank you everyone for sitting tonight.

Gassho,

Risho

Mp
    Thank you Jundo and all who sat. Even though there was some glitches ... It was the zazen that was needed to be.

Gassho
    Michael

I will be sitting this weekend.

Gassho,
    Ekai

Hi,
    This still is very exciting. It's going to work very well.
    Gassho
    Myozan

Thank you everyone,
    Gassho
    Myoku

Here's the video from some of us who sat together after the opening ceremony.

30 Min Zazen
    10 Min Kinhin
    30 Min Zazen
    Verse of Atonement & Four Vows

Gassho,

Dokan
    Last edited by Dokan; 06-16-2012 at 02:08 PM.
    ~Anaïs Nin

That nicely captures my confusion with the new system.

Gassho, kojip

Quote Originally Posted by Kojip View Post
    That nicely captures my confusion with the new system.

Gassho, kojip
    Just joining Google+ and watching the zazenkai was quite the accomplishment. When the screen went blank with some Google messages I thought it was a Google screensaver

When its time maybe I'll understand more.
    _/_
    Rich
    MUHYO
    無 (MU, Emptiness) and 氷 (HYO, Ice) ... Emptiness Ice ...

https://instagram.com/notmovingmind

Thank you Jundo Sensei and all fellow sitters! Love all the new advancements! Couldn't this week but, will definitely be sitting live for the next one

Gassho,
    Hoyu

P.S. Love the new bird's eye view in Tsukuba
    Ho (Dharma)
    Yu (Hot Water)

Gassho to all sitting.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Heisoku 平 息
    Every day is a journey, and the journey itself is home. (Basho)

Quote Originally Posted by Hoyu View Post
    P.S. Love the new bird's eye view in Tsukuba
    Agreed!

Gassho, D

Thank you everyone!

Gassho,
    Ekai