Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: WELCOME BACK to the REBORN TREELEAF FORUM 2.0 !!

Quote Originally Posted by rchess View Post
    The thing is that our language and our thinking is so primitive, so limited. My excitement may be totally different than your excitement. At age 65 and after practicing for well over ten years my excitement is much different than it was when I was young and enjoyed the excitement of being attached to new things and new people and new ideas. I can go and sit by a brook and experience a wonderful feeling of oneness and no-self. Maybe my feeling at thinking about how fortunate I am to have found my way here could be called excitement but it's nothing like one who is excited over a new car or a new lover. After we have studied and practiced we understand our emotions and our feelings and even while experiencing them we are detached from them to a degree. We watch our own feelings and emotions almost like watching a movie. We are free from them and they cannot cause us suffering. What do you think?

With Metta,

Robert
    Yes Robert, I'm not as excited by the sound of the approaching ice cream van as I was 30 years ago yet more excited now by the arrival of a new book.

Gassho
    Gary
    Drinking tea and eating rice.

Looks wonderful and deep bows to all those who worked so hard! Much going on and I was out ill last week and so a bit late to the party. Big thanks to Chris for getting my PW to work! I keep fiddling with my avatar and thus if you see me flipping back and forth it's just me being indecisive. Finally just went back to my old one….but looks like an “experiment” I tried seems to keep showing up…..the zero star cap needs more work. I wanted a new improved look for the new Treeleaf, but that will have to wait. Oh well what shows up ….shows up.

Gassho,
    Jisen/BrianW

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12