Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: BOOK OF EQUANIMITY - Case 4

Quote Originally Posted by Jundo View Post
    Case 3 never ends, yet now comes ...

CASE 4 - The World-Honored One Points To The Earth

A temple is built by a blade of grass, every grass-tip and every grain of dust holding all the earth, all the Buddha's body, all time and space ...

Our theme here at Treeleaf is "All of Life is our Temple" ...

Can we learn to see every bit of this life and world, every inch, as Sacred, one's Practice Place, the Temple?
    Well yes... But the thing that strikes me here is can we learn, as that implies something that is not here, but there, an separation of sorts, i would rather say omething like can we come to see...

Quote Originally Posted by Jundo View Post
    QUESTIONS: What place, action or person in your life could you come to see as Sacred, one's Practice Place, the Temple, though presently hard to see as such?

In fact, what part of your life do you feel could never be Sacred, one's Practice Place, the Temple, no matter how much you try?
    I know of a simpleton here on treeleaf that always says, "it's all good practice", and i believe he more and more has come to that himself, so i don't know, maybe tehreis such a thing, but at the moment i cant see it.

Mtfbwy
    Fugen
    Life is our temple and its all good practice
    Blog: http://fugenblog.blogspot.com/

Well yes... But the thing that strikes me here is can we learn, as that implies something that is not here, but there, an separation of sorts, i would rather say omething like can we come to see...

Well, good old Fugen, it is not about getting something that would be missing, learning is about loosing the whole heavy package: stories, tensions, beliefs...until we are able to get out of he way from what has been there all along. It is not out there. It is all about good practice as the good old fool knows, not being able to see is a good start. If your beliefs about Zen are dropping off, I am very happy!!!

Gassho

Another fool
    Last edited by Jundo; 06-21-2012 at 02:39 AM.

Hi all,
    I love this one. This is pure Treeleaf.
    Gassho
    Myozan

Book of Equanimity Case 4

I was too late to comment on the actual thread, but I just had to say that while I understand the Koans were written for everyone, this one had that ring of "this one was written for _me_".

It's absolutely incredible how much I saw of myself in it. Instead of just being me, and letting go, I'm constantly comparing myself to everyone around me. At work, at home, everywhere. When I just let go, and let everything be as it is with nothing to change my life is much more peaceful. Steady.

My $0.02.
    _/\_
    Jigetsu

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12