Thread: May 19th, 2012 Treeleaf Weekly Zazenkai

May 19th, 2012 Treeleaf Weekly Zazenkai

Hello All,

WE WELCOME TREELEAF MEMBER LOU (aka "MR. LOU") WHO IS TRAIN RIDING AND THEN BICYCLING FROM NEIGHBORING GUNMA PREFECTURE JAPAN, HOURS FROM HERE, IN ORDER TO JOIN US FOR ZAZEN THIS MORNING ... ASSUMING THE WEATHER ALLOWS ...

Please 'sit-a-long' with our weekly FRIDAY/SATURDAY 'LIVE FROM TREELEAF' 90 minute ZAZENKAI, netcast LIVE from 9am Japan time Saturday morning (that is New York 8pm, Los Angeles 5pm (Friday night), London 1am and Paris 2am (early Saturday morning)

... and to be visible at the following link during those times ...

LIVE ZAZENKAI NETCAST at JUSTIN.TV:
    CLICK ON THE TAB ON LOWER RIGHT FOR 'FULL SCREEN

http://www.justin.tv/treeleafzen

But FEAR NOT if not possible for you to join 'live' in your location at those times, as the entire sitting is recorded in 'REAL TIME' and available for full participation 'on demand' at any time after that, no different from the 'live' sitting :

'REAL TIME' recorded 'ANY TIME' version link is here:
    CLICK ON THE TAB ON LOWER RIGHT FOR 'FULL SCREEN

[youtube] [/youtube]

00:00 – 00:15 CEREMONY (HEART SUTRA in English ONLY) and Dedication
    00:15 – 00:45 ZAZEN
    00:45 – 00:55 KINHIN
    00:55 – 01:25 ZAZEN
    01:25 – 01:30 FOUR VOWS, & VERSE OF ATONEMENT

As you can see, our Zazenkai consists of chanting the 'Heart Sutra' in English (the words are at the link below), some full floor prostrations in sets of three (please follow along with me ... or a simple Gassho can be substituted if you wish), followed by our Dedication, Zazen twice for 30 minutes each, with 10 minutes of Kinhin in between, and we end the sitting with 'The Verse of Atonement' and 'The Four Vows'.

Please download and print out the words of the Chants we will recite at the following link:

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=2231

So, please join us as soon as you can, and we will keep a Zafu open for you.

Remember, when we drop all thought of 'here' 'there' 'now' 'then' ... we are sitting all together!

Gassho, Jundo

Re: May 19th, 2012 Treeleaf Weekly Zazenkai

Hope Mr Lou makes it.

We are also traveling today - annual pilgrimage to the sea - bit of a performance
    as we load up our caravan with essential disability aids (indoor wheelchair, outdoor
    wheelchair, etc) and then very slow journey, as I don't travel well!

Hope to be online when we get there but line down for a couple of weeks last time.

Anyway - will sit group Zazenkai in spirit.

Gassho

Willow

I'll be there.

I will sit and send metta for a friend who is in the hospital and had a heart surgery, and for all sentient beings suffering illness.

I'll be there!

Gassho,
    Dosho

After a very stressful yesterday, I need this, so hope to see Lou and Jundo live.

Yugen

See you there!

Gassho
    Yugen

I will be sitting early tomorrow morning. Afterwards my husband and I will travel up to northern Wisconsin for wedding while my son will be hanging out Grandma's for the weekend.

Gassho,
    Ekai

As usual I will attempt to join depending on the family situation. If not I will do a sit after family is in bed on G+ and stream the Zazenkai recording into the hangout. :wink:

Geeky gassho,

Dokan

Cool I should be there. Perhaps we should offer metta to mr. lou's bottom, as that length of bike ride can be painful. :mrgreen: Just kidding

Gassho,

Risho

Myoshin

I have to wake up early saturday morning for the martial art, a bit hard to do for me this night, but i will do it on sunday, gassho Jundo for your future zazenkai

Will be there..

Gassho, Kojip.

Gassho for the sit. I'm going to make some dinner, but I'll be back if you're doing an encore

Risho,

My thanks to all who sat, are sitting, or in the case of Mr. Lou...will sit! Deep bows.

And I'll check in a couple hours from now and sit when Mr. Lou arrives!

Gassho,
    Dosho

Thank you all who sat / will sit.

The silent Heart Sutra was very special

Thank you. Gassho.

kojip.

Yugen

Thank you to everyone who sat or will sit. Thank you Mr. Lou for your journey.... a deep bow. Thank you Jundo. It's great to sit with all of you.

Gassho
    Yugen

Mr. Lou just wrote that he had to turn back midway because he is not feeling well. I wrote him this ...

Hi Lou,

I hope you feel better.

Strange to say, if you think you must get to Zazen and can miss Zazen ... you miss Zazen even if you arrive on time.

If you go to Zazen with sincerity and good intentions but miss the train, feel poorly, get there late or not at all ... yet with no thought of having to arrive ... you arrive on time, and just sat Wonderful Zazen!

See you next time!

Gassho, Jundo

Thank you everyone for sitting together.

Gassho,
    Ekai

Gassho and thanks to everyone,
    Myoku

Thank you Jundo and to everyone.

Thank you Jundo, great Heart Sutra

Hi to Amin and Gina (I believe I hear those are their names, or not?), and of course to Mr. Lou, who was there, as all of us, right on time

Gassho

Thanks Jundo and everyone sitting. Gassho to all our zazenkais.

Thanks, y'all. Gassho!

-Shujin

I just heard from Lou about his adventure that day. I do not think it a breach of confidence to say that he made a tremendous, hard effort, even if he did not arrive.

In this Practice-Enlightenment Way, sincerity and tremendous effort mean everything ... arriving someplace, not so much.

Of course, that is provided one realizes that there is Constant Arriving with each sincere step of the Sacred Trip to now Here and now Here and now Here in Buddhaland, even as we try to get cross country to Buddhaland ... all Buddhaland.

Gassho, J

Thank you Jundo and all who sat. While dropping all thought of 'here' 'there' 'now' 'then' as I say Hi to Amin, Gina and Mr. Lou; I repeat the sutra in my heart as I do each morning at 5:15 in order not to disturb my wife and the dog. _/_

Thank you Jundo and all sitters.

Sharing practice with you all is a great pleasure.

_/_