Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: My Zazen Challenge

22/365 and counting
    Gassho

Sunburned sit today. Feeling, non feeling the non pain.
    30/365

My 10 year old daughter started sitting with me before her bed time! She keeps me VERY honest when it's time to sit.

4/365 (1/1)
    _/\_
    Jigetsu

Just back from a trip to Ecuador visiting family. Formal practice was spotty at best but I realize how grateful I am for all the people and conditions that make this life and practice possible. So, always coming back to this moment I have started anew.

1/365

Let me respectfully remind you
    Life and death are of supreme importance.
    Time swiftly passes by and opportunity is lost.
    Each of us should strive to awaken.
    Awaken.
    Take heed.
    This night your days are diminished by one.
    Do not squander your life.
    To avoid all evil, to cultivate good, and to cleanse one's mind — this is the teaching of the Buddhas.
    -Dhp. 183
    My Practice Blog

2/365

Incredibly early morning sit with a head cold but I am grateful for it. May all beings meet with the Dharma and find true happiness!
    To avoid all evil, to cultivate good, and to cleanse one's mind — this is the teaching of the Buddhas.
    -Dhp. 183
    My Practice Blog

34/365
    Sat outside today in the heat. Feel the warmth. Release. All good.
    Gassho

3/365

Sitting with a head cold.

Gassho
    __/\__
    -Dhp. 183
    My Practice Blog

Good luck to everybody with this challenge!

I vowed sitting every day over five yours ago (but not always just sitting at the beginning, but also counting the breath and other Buddhist meditation practices). And somehow I found out, that it is much more easy to sit every day (even if it means ten minutes in bed, before falling asleep) than not to sit every day. Perhaps this is because of the routine, like toothbrushing everyday: At some point it isn't very special to sit every day, but it would be special if you wouldn't. So don't give up, not a single day!

Gassho
    Gassho,
    Bianca

Quote Originally Posted by Marla567 View Post
    Good luck to everybody with this challenge!

I vowed sitting every day over five yours ago (but not always just sitting at the beginning, but also counting the breath and other Buddhist meditation practices). And somehow I found out, that it is much more easy to sit every day (even if it means ten minutes in bed, before falling asleep) than not to sit every day. Perhaps this is because of the routine, like toothbrushing everyday: At some point it isn't very special to sit every day, but it would be special if you wouldn't. So don't give up, not a single day!

Gassho
    Thanks Bianca! Excellent advice!

4/365

Gassho
    __/\__

Mike
    -Dhp. 183
    My Practice Blog

1/1 - Last night I finally had a chance to sit after about a week and a half of having the new baby home.

By being mindful during my cooking, diaper changing, etc. as Jundo suggested, I did find a place for my practice during this exhausting time. It was still nice to get back on the zafu.

38/365
    Early morning sit today. Let the delusions fall away. No wants,no needs...except coffee.

5 & 6/365

Excellent work everyone!

Gassho,
    __/\__
    -Dhp. 183
    My Practice Blog

7/365

Gassho,
    __/\__
    -Dhp. 183
    My Practice Blog

1/1 and 1/365 resetting after tough week or two

8/365

Gassho,
    __/\__
    -Dhp. 183
    My Practice Blog

41/365
    Gassho
    Jeff

9/365

Gassho,
    __/\__
    -Dhp. 183
    My Practice Blog

10/365

Gassho,
    __/\__
    -Dhp. 183
    My Practice Blog

I am going to take this challenge...I vow to sit at LEAST once a day for at LEAST 15 minutes...but I'm going to try for twice a day for 30 minutes each.

Mark

1/365

11/365...watching the birth and death of phenomena...

Gassho,
    __/\__
    Mike
    -Dhp. 183
    My Practice Blog

Birthday, airplane Zazen! 1/1
    _/\_
    Jigetsu

Happy Birthday Jigetsu!

Gassho,
    Dosho

Happy birthday Jigetsu!
    -Dhp. 183
    My Practice Blog

4/365 I sat zazenkai today

Happy Birthday Jigetsu

<edited for birthday wishes>
    Last edited by Nengyo; 08-06-2012 at 09:22 PM.
    If I'm already enlightened why the hell is this so hard?

2/365

Happy Birthday Jigetsu! I hope it's a nice one.

Mark

43/365
    Happy B-Day Jigetsu.
    Jeff

Mp
    Wonderful Jigetsu, Happy Birthday!

Gassho
    Michael

12/365

Gassho,
    __/\__
    Mike
    -Dhp. 183
    My Practice Blog

5/365 and 1/1. Sat for 10 minutes before a seven hour drive. Did a little walking meditation during the breaks. Time well spent.

13/365

Gassho,
    __/\__
    Mike
    -Dhp. 183
    My Practice Blog

Just broke a 65 day streak... I felt a bit upset about not being able to continue it, but then I realized that it was not a competition, no need to cling to a number, so again, back to square one,

Gassho
    Thank you for your practice

Every day ... back to square one. No other place but square one to be.

Gassho, J
    ALL OF LIFE IS OUR TEMPLE

Quote Originally Posted by lipor View Post
    Just broke a 65 day streak... I felt a bit upset about not being able to continue it, but then I realized that it was not a competition, no need to cling to a number, so again, back to square one,

Gassho
    I know how you feel but there's nothing to fee bad about. In fact you have all the reason in the word to rejoice: you afe able to practice today and you have made a habit of sitting. Congrats!
    -Dhp. 183
    My Practice Blog

2/365

After the new baby's arrival, I'm finally getting back into a routine that can support my daily sit. Before, I had a hard time seeing myself fall asleep during zazen, but now I find sleep deprivation a good catalyst for it. Wake up...deep breadth...continue sitting.

14/365

Gassho,
    __/\__
    Mike
    -Dhp. 183
    My Practice Blog

1/1 sat on a bench vs zaffu. note to self, find cushion next time.

5/365

Gassho,

Mark

46/365
    Cleaning the mental cobwebs. Sweep. Sweep.
    Gassho
    Jeff

4/365 managed to stay awake for a change.

7/365 8/365

mark

49/365
    Gassho
    Jeff

18/365

Gassho,
    __/\__
    Mike
    -Dhp. 183
    My Practice Blog

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast