Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: My Zazen Challenge

Re: My Zazen Challenge

I like the signature line idea. Although, I'm also going to include the date I last updated my signature.

Hi all,

I'm a little confused about the signature line plan...does that mean you will not be posting daily? I may be missing the point, but the reason I signed on was to offer daily support to folks who wanted to take up the challenge. Does changing the signature line and not posting daily do that? Or is the idea to post daily? And, if that's the case, why do we need to change our signature lines?

Gassho,
    Dosho

5/365

2/365. Didn't feel like sitting this afternoon, but did anyway. Thank you Jigetsu.

Gassho,
    Dosho

Good point Dosho. I think the signature will perhaps point attention to the thread at least. So, at sat this afternoon, day 2/365 done!

-Sam

Dosho you make a great point! If we only leave our updates to our signature the interaction in this thread would most likely stagnate. Sam also makes a great point about drawing attention to this thread through it being in the signature. Hummmmm.....what to do??? I guess I'll just do both!

4/0/365
    I seriously considered skipping last night's Zazen. Leon(my son) and I had a Karate demonstration which went pretty late into the evening. I hopped on G+ expecting to sit alone because of the time, but was pleasantly surprised to see Yugen, Shugen, and Chris(who's Dharma name I can't remember ops: ) all sitting together
    It's always energizing to sit with sangha mates!

Gassho,
    Hoyu

I sit at 6:30 in the morning, then take a shower and do kinhin for about 15 minutes. I find this a good time to do Zazen, as your day hasn't started yet, an there are less distractions.

Gassho

W

I'm sticking with the daily post.

5/0/365

Full-on sick headache sore throat stuffy nose groggy zazen

this is a fantastic idea. I made a facebook page (that links back to this post) hoping that this idea might spread https://www.facebook.com/ReCommitToSit

6/0/365

headcold zazen

3/0/365 done! Interesting sit tonight. My dog, Captain Nemo, decided to come sit in front of me for a while. He stuck his nose right in the middle of the cosmic mudra and insisted I pet him for a few minutes. :lol:

3/365...sat with Treeleafers on G+ this evening...thanks guys.

Gassho,
    Dosho

6/365

Forgot to post yesterday, but I sat. 5/365.

Stole Zazen time today while the kiddos were showering! 6/365

Myozan suggested I post this here to add to the incentive on this thread. This was taken yesterday when our little group suddenly grew to six sitters. Peter and I have been sitting together @ 5:30am EST for over a year now. We started in the sitting room and went thru some tough times when Mebeam started turfing out Mac users this time last year. Google + has been a godsend (that is provided there is/are a god( :shock: ) and the intensity of Ango partnership steeled our resolve to sit everyday.

Myozan, Ray, Marek and Gary (sometimes Chris, Ann and Nigel) joined us on a regular basis somewhere along the way and then Jodi dropped in. This is particularly encouraging because she gets herself up one hour earlier in Central time !! (I think Dokan even tried that early hour on a couple of occasions) And, now we have this warm fellowship and we do what we can to nurture it. So, what's next, you say :lol: :lol:
    Well, the challenge would appear to be that we push the max 10 of Google+ hangouts; waiting for the day when something even more powerful can be embedded into the TreeLeaf site. Always pushing forward and upward; not very zen of us is it Jundo :roll:
    So, please, if youcan, we'd love to have you join us

p.s. If anyone is wondering why i'm facing the camera, I was doing the screen capture thing at the time

Shokai - excellent - must try and sort out google + - though the time zones are probably not OK.
    Also - I'm a complete fidget - everyone else looks so Zen like ops:

Anyway day 4/365 and have been sitting thru toothache and a macarbre extraction without proper pain relief that's gone all wrong :shock:

Gassho

Willow

Metta to you Willow, tooth things are not nice. We should have them all pulled out when we're born. Same as the appendix; now there's a nasty add-on don't you think? :lol:
    Take care, carry on and
    Thank you for your practice

p.s. That's 9:30 or 10:30 in the morning your time, you and Gary must be in the same zone

7/0/365

4/0/365 done at Manhattan Chogyesa Zen Temple. 2 x 30 minutes with walking in between. I told my teacher, Do Am Sunim about the challenge and he said "Things change in life, every day and every moment. It is good to have something like this with you every day if it motivates your practice."

4/365

G, D

8/365

My sit was short, again for child related issues, but I sat yesterday. 7/0/365

7/0/365 as of today, and 2/0/52 for my weekly oriyoki challenge.

I've missed posting on here (I knew I would, and only my third day in(summer is absolutely away from computer time for me since I'm a teacher)), but I've sat twice a day, morning and evening: 5/0/365. Also, since next week is my last week of semester and grades must be in, I'll be able to sit my first zazenkai (!), though I won't be able to sit live.

Hope everyone's practice is going wonderfully even if it's going suckily.

Gassho,
    Alan

8/0/365

Strange town hotel zazen

5/365...sat the live zazenkai with sangha mates!

Gassho,
    Dosho

5/0/365 done!

Ah, imperfection. I work in sales, it's the end of the month. My brain was so full when I came home yesterday I forgot to empty it. I will make up for it with an extra long sit today! 7/1/365.

7/365

Willow

I'm a week behind you as I just found this thread.. but count me In!

I actually found Treeleaf via a 90 day Commit to sit a few years ago, its good practice!

1/365

9/0/365

Hotel redux zazen

6/365

Gassho,
    Dosho

6/0/365 done.

10/0/365

Back home zazen

This sounds great! For me this may be just what I need to push me into better practice :wink: !
    So starting today 1/365

-CoreyW

7/365

Gassho,
    Dosho

7/0/365 done.

9/1/365

8/0/365

I have missed more than anyone. But well, that's me. I have no privacy. I'm finding ways to improvise, though.

11/0/365

Coughing fits zazen

8/365

2/365

Gassho,
    CoreyW

10/1/365 (Yesterday)

I need to try and get in on one of these Google+ sits.

9/0/365

12/365

May 1, 2012
    Why not, all for supporting the group and curious to see how hi the thread count can go
    01/365

12/0/365

9/365

3/365

Gassho,
    CoreyW

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast