Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
Results 351 to 396 of 396

Thread: My Zazen Challenge

  1. #351
    28/365

    Gassho

    Mark

  2. #352
    2/365. Rough week, but glad I've found the time to sit again.

  3. #353
    Quote Originally Posted by Nenka View Post
    Starting over
    No starting over
    No end to starting over

    1/365

    Gassho
    Jen
    +1

    Beginning Ango, 1/365 [1/1]
    _/\_
    Jigetsu

  4. #354
    35/365

    Gassho,
    __/\__
    Mike
    To avoid all evil, to cultivate good, and to cleanse one's mind this is the teaching of the Buddhas.
    -Dhp. 183

  5. #355
    36/365

    Gassho,
    __/\__
    Mike
    To avoid all evil, to cultivate good, and to cleanse one's mind this is the teaching of the Buddhas.
    -Dhp. 183

  6. #356
    29/365 30/365



    mark

  7. #357
    2/365 (1/1)

    My 6yo daughter wanders in while I'm sitting, she's stalling going to bed.

    6yo: What are you doing?

    Me: Nothing.

    6yo: Oh. Can you tuck me in again?

    Me: Of course, as soon as I'm done.

    6yo: What should I do until then?

    Me: Come sit with me.

    6yo: Ok. *sits* Now what do I do?

    Me: Nothing.

    After my bell sounded she went to her room, I tucked her in (again) and she was out like a light in under 10 minutes.
    _/\_
    Jigetsu

  8. #358
    71/365
    Gassho
    Jeff

  9. #359
    Quote Originally Posted by Jigetsu View Post
    2/365 (1/1)

    My 6yo daughter wanders in while I'm sitting, she's stalling going to bed.

    6yo: What are you doing?

    Me: Nothing.

    6yo: Oh. Can you tuck me in again?

    Me: Of course, as soon as I'm done.

    6yo: What should I do until then?

    Me: Come sit with me.

    6yo: Ok. *sits* Now what do I do?

    Me: Nothing.

    After my bell sounded she went to her room, I tucked her in (again) and she was out like a light in under 10 minutes.
    That is great, Jigetsu! Thank you...

    31/365

    Gassho

  10. #360
    32/365

    Gassho

  11. #361
    37/365
    38/365
    39/365

    Gassho,
    __/\__
    Mike
    To avoid all evil, to cultivate good, and to cleanse one's mind this is the teaching of the Buddhas.
    -Dhp. 183

  12. #362
    33/365

    Gassho

  13. #363

  14. #364
    34/365

    Gassho

    Mark

  15. #365

  16. #366
    10/365. Only sat for 15 minutes. Reached the point where I could not stay awake. Will move back to mornings tomorrow.


    Gassho,

    Richard

  17. #367
    35/36//365

    Gassho

    Mark

  18. #368
    37/365. About to get 5 stars on insight timer...woohoo!

    Gassho,

    Mark

  19. #369
    12/365. Tomorrow I will be sitting in a hotel room without my zafu.


    Gassho,

    Richard

  20. #370
    77/365
    Gassho
    Jeff

  21. #371
    38/365

    Gassho

    Mark

  22. #372
    39/40/41///365

    Gassho

    Mark

  23. #373
    September: 15/1 (sat/missed).

    I'm moving to tracking my sitting for each month indicating for the month-to-date how many days I've sat and how many I've missed. Still everyday is like starting over.


    Gassho,

    Richard

  24. #374
    September: 16/1 (sat/missed)

    My mind decided to channel surf this AM. File it under Bad/No Bad zazen.


    Gassho,

    Richard

  25. #375
    I have to start over because I had company at my house and they occupied my room and my time. So, unless I reach the point at where I was I won't be posting progress on this thread.

    Gassho

    Mark

  26. #376
    September: 17/1 (sat/missed)

    Mark-These things happen. I decided to continue posting after my last miss because I decided the challenge was less important to me than simply reporting which gives a sense of structure to the practice for me. So with that, keep on keepin on.

    Quote Originally Posted by markkemark View Post
    I have to start over because I had company at my house and they occupied my room and my time. So, unless I reach the point at where I was I won't be posting progress on this thread.

    Gassho

    Mark

  27. #377
    84/365
    Gassho
    Jeff

  28. #378
    Stumble, get up, dust off, keep going ... keeping going .... stumble, get up, dust off, keep going ...

    No place to fall, nor any place to get. Where is the dust but in our own eyes?

    Gassho, J
    ALL OF LIFE IS OUR TEMPLE

  29. #379
    87/365
    Gassho
    Jeff

  30. #380
    September: 19/2 (sat/missed)

    Gassho,

    Richard

  31. #381
    September: 25/3 (sat/missed)

    Gassho,

    Richard

  32. #382
    95/365
    Gassho
    Jeff

  33. #383
    118/365
    Gassho

  34. #384
    After watching Talks For New Folks Part 1. 1/365


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    _/\_
    Jigetsu

  35. #385
    My resolution ... 1/1, followed by 1/1, followed by 1/1, followed by 1/1 ... followed by 1/1 ...
    ALL OF LIFE IS OUR TEMPLE

  36. #386
    Treeleaf Unsui Shokai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Sarnia, Ontario Canada
    Posts
    2,053
    Blog Entries
    119
    One for One seems like a good plan
    gassho, Shokai, still learning the way and knowing nothing
    仁道 生開 - Jindo Shokai "Open to life in a benevolent way"
    Just another itinerant monk; go somewhere else to listen to someone who really knows.

  37. #387
    Quote Originally Posted by Jundo View Post
    My resolution ... 1/1, followed by 1/1, followed by 1/1, followed by 1/1 ... followed by 1/1 ...
    Did do, nice approach.

    Gassho
    Michael



    If you cannot find the truth right where you are, where else do you expect to find it?
    ~ Dogen Zenji

  38. #388
    After watching Talks For New Folks Part 2. 2/365

    Did something different this time. Sat on my zafu with the video playing full screen on my ipad. For me,it actually felt like a face to face conversation with Jundo.
    _/\_
    Jigetsu

  39. #389
    Quote Originally Posted by Jigetsu View Post
    After watching Talks For New Folks Part 2. 2/365

    Did something different this time. Sat on my zafu with the video playing full screen on my ipad. For me,it actually felt like a face to face conversation with Jundo.
    Yes, for me too. You don't know how hard it is for me to squeeze into that little space.
    ALL OF LIFE IS OUR TEMPLE

  40. #390
    Treeleaf Unsui Shokai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Sarnia, Ontario Canada
    Posts
    2,053
    Blog Entries
    119
    btw, aren't those magical powers just par for the course for you zen priests?
    gassho, Shokai, still learning the way and knowing nothing
    仁道 生開 - Jindo Shokai "Open to life in a benevolent way"
    Just another itinerant monk; go somewhere else to listen to someone who really knows.

  41. #391
    Quote Originally Posted by Shokai View Post
    btw, aren't those magical powers just par for the course for you zen priests?
    Well, I can fit me, you and the whole universe into the smallest bit of atom ... and I can expand atoms to fill endless universes ... but I have trouble to squeeze into my blue jeans. The diet since New Years is helping. (first chance to use the pizza icon)

    Gassho, J
    ALL OF LIFE IS OUR TEMPLE

  42. #392
    I'm new to the community but I think this is a great idea! I'd love to join in with you all and commit to sit! I signed up on G+ but I'm not sure how to use it yet. I just click buttons trying to learn and navigate it. I did find the Treeleaf page but I'm not sure what to do after all of that.

    Gassho
    Kia

  43. #393
    Treeleaf Unsui Shokai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Sarnia, Ontario Canada
    Posts
    2,053
    Blog Entries
    119
    Jundo; Don't listen to atoms; They make up everything!!

    gassho, Shokai, still learning the way and knowing nothing
    仁道 生開 - Jindo Shokai "Open to life in a benevolent way"
    Just another itinerant monk; go somewhere else to listen to someone who really knows.

  44. #394
    That was awesome Shokai!

    Sat without watching Talks for New Folks 3. I've watched that one a dozen times when I started sitting.

    Still not sure where my "sitting bones" are. :P

    3/365, 1/1
    _/\_
    Jigetsu

  45. #395
    Treeleaf Unsui/Engineer Kyonin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Mexico
    Posts
    2,497
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiki View Post
    I'm new to the community but I think this is a great idea! I'd love to join in with you all and commit to sit! I signed up on G+ but I'm not sure how to use it yet. I just click buttons trying to learn and navigate it. I did find the Treeleaf page but I'm not sure what to do after all of that.
    Hi Kia!

    Google+ is still very new for a lot of people. There is this manual that I found very helpful to get the basic of the service.

    It's by Guy Kawasaki, a technology advocate and a very good writer.

    Give it a shot.

    http://freenewbie.com/Ebook/What-the...y-Kawasaki.pdf

    Gassho,

    Kyonin
    Please remember I am only a priest in training. I could be wrong in everything I say. Slap me if needed.

    The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few, or the one. Mr. Spock

  46. #396
    Thanks so much Kyonin!!! I just brought it up in kindle and I'll take a look at it! I appreciate your help!

    Gassho
    Kia

Similar Threads

  1. Tricycle Mag's 90-day Zen challenge
    By Jundo in forum TREELEAF COMMUNITY: Topics about Zazen, Zen, Buddhism & MORE ZAZEN!
    Replies: 51
    Last Post: 04-02-2009, 02:21 AM
  2. BIG SIT CHALLENGE LATE-STARTERS??
    By Unmon in forum TREELEAF COMMUNITY: Topics about Zazen, Zen, Buddhism & MORE ZAZEN!
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-08-2009, 07:15 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •