Thread: Talking to a wall

Talking to a wall

you could sit there and talk to a wall all day, or sit in front of it, watch it, but a wall will never be a person, some people misunderstand why one talks to walls, to trees, to cats, and in that misunderstanding, in their ignorance of why it's truely being done, they misinterpret. only talk to those that truely talk to walls, only talk to those that truely talk to rocks. and if you think this message is directed at you, you already missed the point...you're a rock.

Gassho,
    Greg

Re: Talking to a wall

Which people?

By rocks we mean the granite, shell type yeah? Or the rocks as in "you rock". I'm thinking the former. And what do I tell my back? Talk to a rock? Or is my back speaking all by itself? And who's doing the talking anyway? I most definitely am not a rock. I can tell because these things at the ends of my hands type words. oiuijjjknm (see).

Gassho

When I stop talking, I can listen better to the wisdom that the wall in front of me is sharing. After each zazen I bow to the wall, I'm grateful for its patience with me and for sharing its wisdom, not holding back anything.
    Thank you Greg,
    _()_
    Myoku

There are no rocks, no shells, no granite, no bigger rocks, no smaller rocks, no bigger people, no smaller people, just people, just rocks. :mrgreen:

Gassho,
    Greg

Talking to a wall

No religion too..?
    Just people rocking..?

/Pontus

But maybe we can delve a little deeper and ask our-self "What's behind the rock?" What is the rock? And where is the rock located? Within mind? Without mind? What are the rocks really?

Gassho

?

Hi Sleeps,

Please find a time for a Skype chat with me. I would like to chat a little.

Gassho, Jundo