Thread: The requested user does not exist

The requested user does not exist

Hello to all those visiting this post!

I have gone from being a regular visitor/poster to being a less regular visitor/poster to being a less regular visitor and an infrequent poster to being an infrequent visitor and less than infrequent poster.

It is a progression of sorts...

I am taking on responsibilities with the Chan group I sit with. I am not formally saying 'goodbye' because I may pop up in a less than infrequent manner---I don't know and can't say at this time.

At any rate, I went looking to know more about Sleeps/Greg among the members list and got the message 'the requested user does not exist.'
    It was a sobering thought, this phrasing. It could have said: "membership withdrawn," or some such, but it didn''t.
    So there I was: What does exist? What is it to exist? And what is this existence?
    Exit and Exist are so closely spelled....are they somehow connected at some root word?

Entrances and exits happen all the time here, and on the stage called 'All the World.'
    I have been visiting a co-worker/friend whose lungs are shot. He has been using oxygen tanks for years, recently hospitalized and sent to a care facility, he will be heading home with hospice. The evening I spent with him, a lovely one while we are able to still spend time together in this way, in this fleeting way.
    Many of the posts of late have been about illnesses, calamities, disasters, and such misfortunes; these too enter and exit all the time.

The message on the Han (wooden striking board at zen temples): came to mind

Wake up!
    Life is transient
    Time is swiftly passing
    There is the Great Matter of life and death before us
    Do not waste time

(even 'wasting time' is not a waste of time ....; and 'not wasting time' can be a BIG time waster!)

so coming here, I am not wasting time and not being here on a more frequent basis does not mean I am wasting or not wasting my time.

There are times I do waste time.
    This is not one of them.

With appreciation to Treeleaf: teachers, Jundo and Taigu, to teachers-in-training Fugen, Hans, Sohei, to members past, present and future, to frequent and infrequent visitors: thank you!

Re: The requested user does not exist

Hello Keishin,

I wish you all the best with your local Chan group. We are only ever a click away in case you feel the need for more Treeleaf vibes.

Please tell us once in a while how things are going with the Chan group.

All the best and gassho,

Hans Chudo Mongen

Hi Keishin,
    Always been interested in your posts. The best of luck. Like Hans, I hope you drop by from time to time.
    Gassho
    Myozan

wonderful news,Keishin. We will miss you and , at the same time, you are present in so many stitches of my kesa.

take great care and pop in anytime!

gassho

Taigu

Hi.

Thx for the update and thank you for your practice..
    May you be well.

We are here,always.

Mtfbwy
    Fugen

Hi Keishin,

I too have enjoyed reading your posts and wish you the best of luck with your Chan group.

Gassho,
    Ekai/Jodi

Thank you Keishin,

Quote Originally Posted by Keishin
    (even 'wasting time' is not a waste of time ....; and 'not wasting time' can be a BIG time waster!)
    A wholehearted Yes! And as I agree, our opinions are always with us, aren't they
    Gassho & Good luck,
    Myoku

"The requested user does not exist"

Please keep in touch. I, also, very much enjoy your posts.

Ron

Shugen

Exit and Exist are so closely spelled....are they somehow connected at some root word?
    Just one more reason why I'll miss your wisdom.

Take care, and drop by often.

gassho
    Greg

Take care Keishin, and thank you for being an important part of this group, echoing much of what has already been said!!

Gassho
    Shohei

Hi Keishin,

The door is always open here for you and Sleeps.

Be well.

Gassho, Jundo

Please keep in touch now and then if you can. I always love your posts.

Best of luck with your Chan group. You've taught us all so much, whether you know it or not.

Gassho

Jen

"The requested user does not exist"

You know I'm a fan. I have learned so much through your posts and I'm thankful.

Things change. I don't expect to ever see you again. But if I do, I know I will be happy, so don't be a stranger.

Take care,
    Pontus

Hi Keishin,

As a fellow admirer of the wisdom you always express in your posts they will be missed _/_

Yes. The great matter of life and death and how we do that. Thanks for the update and hope to hear from you soon.

Best of luck to you. Always enjoyed your posts!

_/_

Re: "The requested user does not exist"

Until....

Gassho

Dokan

Take care!

Keishin,

Hello.

All things wax and wane. Treeleaf participation frequency is subject to that same balancing act.

May you enjoy good practice with your Chan group. Of course, I see no divide between "your" group, and "my" group. All sangha.

I also went to Sleeps' page, and upon seeing that he was no longer registered, I had this wanting to know what he was up to, or what he was going through, or what had caused him to leave, whether or not he was still checking up on some of the things said here, etc. All just thoughts and so many of them, all wanting to know. I will receive no answers, and I will be content with the lack of my ability to change the way things are. All is as it is.

Metta to your friend: may he be healthy and at ease in all his ills.

"No day comes back again:
    One inch of time is worth
    A foot of jade." --Takuan

Thank you for your contributions and see you around.

Thanks for being here. Reading you has always been great.

We are here when you want to come by and have a cup of tea

Keishin, good fortune with your Chan group, and all your endeavors. Thank you for sharing your posts; you've taught me much.

gassho,
    Shujin

Good luck with your Chan group - hope you stop by from time to time - enjoyed your posts.

Gassho

Willow

Keishin,

I offer you good wishes upon your journey and hope that its twists and turns will bring you back around with ours now and then. That's how I have felt about your prescence over the years at Treeleaf, so it would be of great benefit to me and others to see your thoughtful posts in the future. So, I will not say goodbye. I will just say, "Until we meet again."

Deep bows to you and your practice.

Gassho,
    Dosho

I am touched by all your very kind words and thoughts.
    I have to point out that I do not get 'credit' for the posts I write. I am responsible for them, true. I did write them, true.
    But posts don't happen alone: like everything else: co-arising interdependence.
    Without the topics and the other posts/posters setting off a spark of thought.... without a call, calling forth a response...
    so much interconnectedness goes into such simple things, such over looked because taken for granted things...

It's a rich 'thought stew', each writer/responder/participant with their own unique flavor. Mine is only one. I do try to follow some guidelines: 1) I have nothing to say and 2) I am going to go ahead and say it anyway 3) I try to keep it brief
    4) I try to express for lack of better terms a harmony of contradictions
    While I am not a door, I think I show periodic glimmers of possibility as a window: a quick view of a different perspective.

Isn't that how it is? Each of us sharing perspective? But not just 'dead' perspective...something useful...something tasty...something that might come in handy...something like a crowbar, or a hanky, or a $20.00 bill: limited in it's usefulness, but when encountered at the right time: a godsend!

So...thank you! to all, and I promise you have not seen the last of me, but will continue to see the less of me!
    on a side note, am wondering if things are funky with the website for Treeleaf--I tried to post my thank you message a couple of days ago I logged in but my post didn't go through and my avatar picture had been removed. When I logged back in I was told I had to register and as I re-registered (thinking someone may have mistaken my post as a 'goodby' and removed me from Treeleaf membership) I was told that that name/password already exisited.
    A day later and my picture was back,
    Today my picture was gone, but so were almost everyone else's on this thread!

Veddy interestink, no?

I look forward to next time....until then, take good care!

on a side note, am wondering if things are funky with the website for Treeleaf--I tried to post my thank you message a couple of days ago I logged in but my post didn't go through and my avatar picture had been removed. When I logged back in I was told I had to register and as I re-registered (thinking someone may have mistaken my post as a 'goodby' and removed me from Treeleaf membership) I was told that that name/password already exisited.
    A day later and my picture was back,
    Today my picture was gone, but so were almost everyone else's on this thread!
    Hi Keishin,

We are engaged in a bit of a big upgrade and redesign of some things around here soon ... but no .... nothing was done to your account, pictures etc. Computers, software, Java and the internet are just like that sometimes.

Gassho, J

some guidelines: 1) I have nothing to say and 2) I am going to go ahead and say it anyway 3) I try to keep it brief
    4) I try to express for lack of better terms a harmony of contradictions
    While I am not a door, I think I show periodic glimmers of possibility as a window: a quick view of a different perspective.
    Wonderful aspirations for us all in our forum practice and also just a few of the many reasons your reduced participation will be missed.