Tugas Gunadarma Gunadarma Tutorial VB.NET Download OST Anime Soundtrack Anime Opening Anime Ending Anime OST Anime Japan Download Lagu Anime Jepang

Results 1 to 18 of 18

Thread: Constructing and tearing down your hermitage

  1. #1

    Constructing and tearing down your hermitage

    "Home is where the heart is"

    I would say, however, "Heart is where the home is, and the home is everywhere"

    Poets, sages, & monks in ancient times made their hermitages on the sides of mountains, in forests, in jungles. Your hermitage has already sprung up around you. It is apartment walls so thin you can hear your neighbors shouting. It is a backyard fence with dogs barking on the other side. Your hermitage is the bus you ride to work in the morning, rolling across the earth. You have no control over it, you can't protect it from the weather or the heat, but you can appreciate it.

    It is yours, this hermitage, this life. Kodo says "everyone is homeless." Where does your heart go?

    Gassho and thank you for being here.

  2. #2

    Re: Constructing and tearing down your hermitage

    Gassho Shinkai.

  3. #3

    Constructing and tearing down your hermitage

    Home is everywhere, everyone is homeless.

    Thank you,
    Pontus

  4. #4
    Senior Member pinoybuddhist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Davao City, Philippines
    Posts
    383

    Re: Constructing and tearing down your hermitage

    _/|_

  5. #5
    Senior Member kirkmc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Near Stratford-upon-Avon, England
    Posts
    899

    Re: Constructing and tearing down your hermitage

    "Wherever I lay my hat is my home..."

  6. #6

    Re: Constructing and tearing down your hermitage

    It is true that "I" am a hermit, even amidst the crowds. Yet as it seems we have to choose some place to live, being in a quiet natural setting, resonates for this hermit.

    Sid

  7. #7

    Constructing and tearing down your hermitage

    Yes, it seems that way. We create a home and build thick walls for safety.

    A quiet, natural setting is lovely, wonderful. It makes it so much easier to see and appreciate the wholeness, the perfection of the universe. But quiet and natural can be everywhere, even in the midst of hell, can't it? The feeling of being completely at home, with nowhere to go. Our heart's innermost desire fullfilled. But in our delusion, it rarely feels that way...

    Gassho,
    Pontus

  8. #8

    Re: Constructing and tearing down your hermitage

    "My home is on my back."
    ~ Bill Monroe

  9. #9
    Treeleaf Unsui Shokai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Sarnia, Ontario Canada
    Posts
    2,079
    Blog Entries
    119

    Re: Constructing and tearing down your hermitage

    Thank you for sharing this Shinkai

  10. #10

    Re: Constructing and tearing down your hermitage

    May life remain our temple, now, and now, and...

    Deep gassho Shokai!
    Jinyu

  11. #11

    Re: Constructing and tearing down your hermitage

    Thank you Shinkai!

    Gassho
    Shohei

  12. #12

    Re: Constructing and tearing down your hermitage

    _/_

    Bloom where you're planted

  13. #13
    Senior Member Koshin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Mexico City
    Posts
    1,020

    Re: Constructing and tearing down your hermitage

    Thank you for the reminder Shinkai... I always believed that my head was my home.... but know with Zazen my head/home is getting bigger, but at the same time without hard edges.... and a little less head and a little more heart :wink:

    I think I am getting better the "life is our temple" motto

    Thank you, and all the members of the Sangha

    Gassho

  14. #14
    Senior Member pinoybuddhist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Davao City, Philippines
    Posts
    383

    Re: Constructing and tearing down your hermitage

    Shinkai I'd like your permission to repost this in my blog. Pretty please? I want to share this with others.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinkai
    "Home is where the heart is"

    I would say, however, "Heart is where the home is, and the home is everywhere"

    Poets, sages, & monks in ancient times made their hermitages on the sides of mountains, in forests, in jungles. Your hermitage has already sprung up around you. It is apartment walls so thin you can hear your neighbors shouting. It is a backyard fence with dogs barking on the other side. Your hermitage is the bus you ride to work in the morning, rolling across the earth. You have no control over it, you can't protect it from the weather or the heat, but you can appreciate it.

    It is yours, this hermitage, this life. Kodo says "everyone is homeless." Where does your heart go?

    Gassho and thank you for being here.

  15. #15

    Re: Constructing and tearing down your hermitage

    Quote Originally Posted by pinoybuddhist
    Shinkai I'd like your permission to repost this in my blog. Pretty please? I want to share this with others.
    Sure, feel free, and thank you.

  16. #16

    Re: Constructing and tearing down your hermitage

    deleted.

  17. #17
    Senior Member pinoybuddhist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Davao City, Philippines
    Posts
    383

    Re: Constructing and tearing down your hermitage

    Done. http://bastaiyonnayon.blogspot.com/2...down-your.html

    Quote Originally Posted by Shinkai
    Quote Originally Posted by pinoybuddhist
    Shinkai I'd like your permission to repost this in my blog. Pretty please? I want to share this with others.
    Sure, feel free, and thank you.

  18. #18
    Senior Member murasaki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Posts
    488

    Re: Constructing and tearing down your hermitage

    One of the Buddhas in my old college dorm once said:

    "Home is where you hang your underwear."

    gassho
    Julia

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •