Thread: Sound of the Bell

Sound of the Bell

A fantastic video!

Such a truly beautiful being, with an infectious smile.

And an important teaching to bring our awareness back to something that many so easily miss as an important reminder to where we are right now.

[youtube] [/youtube]

Re: Sound of the Bell

Wow,
    only intended to have a quick look into this video, I watched full length,
    thank you Seiryu for bringing this to our attention.
    _()_
    Myoku

Thank you, Seiryu. Lovely.

As Taigu spoke of in his recent talk on Ritual ...

viewtopic.php?f=17&t=4565

... so many aspects of our rituals and practice ... bowing, Kesa, incense, Oryoki, bells, Chanting, ceremony ... can be experienced to bring the Teachings to Immediate Life.

Gassho, J

Yep - nice, But did they pick the most attractive Nun in the place or are they all like that ? Where is that place again ?

Quote Originally Posted by michaeljc
    Yep - nice, But did they pick the most attractive Nun in the place or are they all like that ? Where is that place again ?
    Hi Michael,

I feel that your comment is not very respectful of that nun.

Gassho, Jundo

My apologies Jundo. It was not intended as such. I have made this mistake before. There is strain of humour within my country’s culture which mocks one’s self. Clearly it becomes a Koan on leaving those shores.

Kind regards

m

Thank you for sharing this video Seiryu. I love the description of the relationship between bell and bell ringer(not two by the way :wink: ). With the proper heart, one is not just ringing the bell, but rather, inviting it. When done this way, the bell also rings the bell ringer.
    Very moving talk _/_

Thanks Seiryu...

Thank you Seiryu I enjoyed this video.

Gassho,
    Dustin

Thanks for sharing. Somehow the bell sound on my smartphone isn't quite the same

That was really awesome! Listen to the bell and breathe in and out. I never thought about a cell phone ring as being healing. That is truly applying the principle of "show me what is not medicine". That's definitely some medicine that I can apply to my life.

Thank you Seiryu.

Gassho,

Risho

....such a calming video. Was it taken in Plum Village?

In his book 'Peace is every step' Thich Nhat Hanh writes about telephone meditation (and lots of other sounds
    that we normally think of as intrusive/unpleasant) as a call to mindfulness.

I love his approach and the serenity the nun in the film portrays speaks volumes.

Gassho

Willow

Thanks Seiryu
    ...what a beautiful Dhamma talk...a wonderful reminder at the end of the day.
    ....donggggggggggggggggggggg

Thanks. Really enjoyed that. Connected with the bell and breathing. Very beautiful.

Thank you for this video--I also never thought of the stick as an 'inviter before.

Verse by Yosa Buson (1716-1783)

Coolness--
    the sound of the bell
    as it leaves the bell.

Gassho,

Ann