Thread: Justin Tv iPhone

Justin Tv iPhone

Hi smarter people than me,
    As you might know, Justin TV works fine live on the iPhone but will not play on the iPhone once archived (it's the Flash restriction again). This proves very hard for me to view the archived recent retreat at home. My work machine is a PC, but my wife often needs the computer at home ... Leaving me nothing but the iPhone. Is there a way around this? Is it possible to get around the Flash issue with iPhone or transfer Justin Tv files to YouTube?
    Gassho and thanks,
    Soen

Re: Justin Tv iPhone

I may be able to help you out Soen. Let me look at it tonight. I think I can grab the flv files from Justin.TV and upload them to YouTube for you. Where are you in the retreat, or do you need all.?

** Edit:

Check out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dziJmrVUk6E[/video]]

and let me know if it works ok.

G

S

Sent from my SGH-I897 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by shards
    I may be able to help you out Soen. Let me look at it tonight. I think I can grab the flv files from Justin.TV and upload them to YouTube for you. Where are you in the retreat, or do you need all.?

** Edit:

Check out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dziJmrVUk6E[/video]]

and let me know if it works ok.

G

S

Whoops, I was just in another thread about problems with JustinTV. I was kind of hoping you could pull the sound files like you do for the podcast . . . but if you could get the retreat videos on YouTube, would you? You'd be my hero. I need Day 1 but it looks like others may need both days.

Thanks,

Jen

Been workin on it...check out:

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLC41B88E6E38E8E6A

This should show a channel where I'm uploading the videos. They are quite big and so processing takes a bit but I will finish up the rest tomorrow. Right now I have up the first day on there.

G

s

PS - of course, the dharma talks will be published to podcast as per usual...hopefully tomorrow as well.

Shawn,
    This is just great. Well done. Above and beyond the call of duty. YouTube is just so much easier to access that Justin TV. Now I'll be able to use my iPhone to finish the retreat while my wife is working on the computer. I really appreciate it. I think we should have a permanent link to your YouTube channel for sitting this retreat into the future.
    Gassho
    Soen

Thank you, Shawn, for all the things like this you do. Without folks like you, it is hard to keep a roof on this place.

Nine bows, Jundo (and I am sure Taigu and everyone feel likewise)

Sure I do...

I am so grateful.

As I managed to put my stupid scribbles on the back of your rakusu... Your new-old name sounded just as it should.

gassho

T.

Really, it's my pleasure. I actually enjoy it and I feel like I'm giving back after receiving so much...of course with no giver nor receiver.

G

s

Wow, thanks so much, Shawn!

Nine deep bows indeed!

Jen

Thanks Shawn!

I wasn't having a problem with the justin.tv links for when I sit the retreat this weekend, but this will be a lifesaver for those who were having issues!

One question: I thought all youtube vids were very limited in length and the reason Jundo stopped recording the sitting portion of his sit a longs some years ago. How is it then that you can post such long vids now?

In any event, deep bows for your efforts!

Gassho,
    Dosho

Re: Re: Justin Tv & iPhone

Quote Originally Posted by Dosho
    One question: I thought all youtube vids were very limited in length and the reason Jundo stopped recording the sitting portion of his sit a longs some years ago. How is it then that you can post such long vids now?
    Certain accounts have been granted unlimited uploads. Used to be 15 min but about 3 months or so ago this changed for me. It may even be all accounts now...not sure. I think Jundo mentioned his now is unlimited as well.

G

S